• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
The next time someone wants to tell me how they can save a couple bucks by not thinking like a FWer, I'll save them the embarrassment by referring them to the risks involved.

LA Times

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wonder if The House of Mouse loses more money from ticket scammers or movie pirates.

I like it when police actually serve the public by arresting a scumbag like this

Movie pirates. Scammers end up scamming unsuspecting buyers of tickets. When they arrive at Disney they find out their tickets are bogus and not allowed in the park...

oh my ... disneylaand is stil. open

Thanks very much for posting OP! Despite this post, I am sure there will be several (or one specific) FW'ers promoting how they "annually get tons of families" into Disney for half the price...

wiseguy1100 said:   Thanks very much for posting OP! Despite this post, I am sure there will be several (or one specific) FW'ers promoting how they "annually get tons of families" into Disney for half the price...Now you wouldn't be referring to SinglePapa, would you?

wiseguy1100 said:   Thanks very much for posting OP! Despite this post, I am sure there will be several (or one specific) FW'ers promoting how they "annually get tons of families" into Disney for half the price...

They probably haven't posted bail yet..

That about as low as you can go ruining a child's dream vacation. Hope she burns in hell.

Thats why everyone knows to verify and buy at the gate when buying these tickets. Just go to the ticket sale booths wait in line and you ask. Then go back to the waiting seller with the cash.

Although they are getting stricter about people buying used 5-day passes to upgrade to season passes. For that you need to ask questions of the seller when it was first used, the days it was used, the park you went to first. I even asked the time "I" entered on the first day it was used.

I just played dumb and said I thought it was all the same park, I came here for disneyland. Eventually the person just gave up and asked what time I entered that day. To which I said 10 mins ago... lol

Well i don't know how Disneyland does it, but Disney in FL ask's for your name and its encoded to the ticket. As you pass through the gate it reads the ticket ( which is actually a card) and they can ask to see ID to confirm you are who it says. These passes work on a Two day option to any park. I'm assuming its to stop people from coming out of the park and selling it to someone at lower value to come in.

When I was there a family was going through the gate and one of their tickets triggered, and needless to say the name encoded to the ticket did not match the license of the individual.

Gencom said:   Well i don't know how Disneyland does it, but Disney in FL ask's for your name and its encoded to the ticket. As you pass through the gate it reads the ticket ( which is actually a card) and they can ask to see ID to confirm you are who it says. These passes work on a Two day option to any park. I'm assuming its to stop people from coming out of the park and selling it to someone at lower value to come in.

When I was there a family was going through the gate and one of their tickets triggered, and needless to say the name encoded to the ticket did not match the license of the individual.

What do they do about children who have no ID?

Lindsay Lohan just can't seem to stay out of trouble!

She made money without any operating expenses, she will get the best places in Jail too.
She live on Disney expenses before and she live on tax payer money/goverment in Jail now.

Overall She still get free life.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014