Is kowaritech.com a legit business?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
When I was searching online for the best price on a shaver, google shopping pulled up the site kowaritech.com. The shaver was 66% cheaper than the next best price. Figured out that they sell only in bulk. The minimum order quantity depends on the item. Guess they've set it to make minimum orders to $500 at the least, but i may be wrong. But the prices on the electronics look insanely cheap. For example 3rd gen i3 laptops (HP, Acer, etc.,) are priced around $175 with 3 MOQ. Shipping seems to be $20 flatrate. There is no mention of it going up on bigger orders. The only payment mode accepted is bank transfers (this is a big red flag).

Google pulls up some reviews, nothing substantial. What do you folks think?

EDIT: seems like part of Hongkong based Million Joy International Limited.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
We get it, Columbo. Time to move on.

respdoc (Apr. 20, 2013 @ 10:12a) |

If you pay with a credit card, you can have the card company yank the payment back and refund you if it turns out to be ... (more)

libertarian (Apr. 25, 2013 @ 7:05a) |

I got hosed by Grayriver tech. Its obviously a fraud. Luckily, it was a small purchase, but it still bothers to be a suc... (more)

laurie5447 (Jun. 04, 2013 @ 8:17a) |

This site is a SCAM! Do not order from them!
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

scam, a company don't have address in "about us or contact us" link usually fake. I've done manu researches when I was looking for first gen iphone and wii few years back

They have an uk address in the site with a phone number.

get all my small appliances there, they are the best

whois:

Domain kowaritech.com

Date Registered: 2012-12-16
Date Modified: 2013-2-14
Expiry Date: 2013-12-16

I have relative over that side of the world and I been firmly told that laptop is actually cheaper here in USA. Talk about red flagS.

Subject line should read, Is kowaritech.com a legit business?

Updated. Thank you!

Plenty of astroturf on a new company.

Some sample reviews:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.kowaritech.com

Chip (new reviewer)

Just came across this site a few days back and began inquiring the products they sold. Customer relations was excellent and the depatch of the item was fast and properly packed. The best part is that they have centres in Canada, USA, Dubai and Hong Kong. I would suggest you checkout the store for any kinds of corporate and consumer goods in electronics.

Will buy from them again!

Thanks guys you make my online purchare a smooth affair. I'm sure after service sales will also be good.


http://www.trustpilot.com/review/kowaritech.com

From Mexs (who also reviewed Grayrivertech.com and Avnertech.com)

Just came across this site a few days back and began inquiring the products they sold. Customer relations was excellent and the dispatch of the item was fast and properly packed. The best part is that they have centres in Canada, USA, Dubai and Hong Kong. I would suggest you checkout the store for any kinds of corporate and consumer goods in electronics.

Thanks guys you make my online purchase a smooth affair. I'm sure after service sales will also be good.

pietromoon said:   get all my small appliances there, they are the best

For real or are you yanking my chain?

@Millenium thanks for your finding!

thegame81 said:   When I was searching online for the best price on a shaver, google shopping pulled up the site kowaritech.com. The shaver was 66% cheaper than the next best price. Figured out that they sell only in bulk. The minimum order quantity depends on the item. Guess they've set it to make minimum orders to $500 at the least, but i may be wrong. But the prices on the electronics look insanely cheap. For example 3rd gen i3 laptops (HP, Acer, etc.,) are priced around $175 with 3 MOQ. Shipping seems to be $20 flatrate. There is no mention of it going up on bigger orders. The only payment mode accepted is bank transfers (this is a big red flag).

Google pulls up some reviews, nothing substantial. What do you folks think?

EDIT: seems like part of Hongkong based Million Joy International Limited.


Do you have any news about this site?
Is it a scamsite?

Notes:
The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity
This website is 84 Days old
The website expected life (365 days) is relatively short.
The website appears to be less than six months old

What do you think?

A lot of things don't look right
- The prices are too good to be true
- The reviews look staged
- Their facebook page is a joke
- bank transfers? Come on

but I still couldn't find direct proof that they're bogus. I am still hopeful to find out more from this forum.

thegame81 said:   pietromoon said:   get all my small appliances there, they are the best

For real or are you yanking my chain?



Pietromoon is the seller you need to watch out for. He sold me a blender with food still in it. Wasn't even tasty.

thegame81 said:   ..


but I still couldn't find direct proof that they're bogus. I am still hopeful to find out more from this forum.
What exactly are you looking for? How much red flags would finally make the grade?

It's rather obvious for everyone to tell whether pietromoon's post is sarcasm, what we can't figure out is if YOU are still yanking our chain.

ZenNUTS said:   What exactly are you looking for? How much red flags would finally make the grade?

It's rather obvious for everyone to tell whether pietromoon's post is sarcasm, what we can't figure out is if YOU are still yanking our chain.


I'm not trying to yank anyone's chain. I find the sarcasm rather veiled given the fact that I was looking for someone's personal experience with the site.

No personal experience here on FW, because there are usually very few suckers here, except for the new posters who already got taken.

Then again, when I saw the name Rakuten this morning, it turned on my scam alert, only to find out it used to be Buy.com, but got bought out by an international conglomerate. At least they explain everything you need to know in their website, and blank_tech does not. There's your sign!

I think within a few months we know if it's a scamsite or not...
Better wait for a while.

Won't have to wait a few months---cause Monday when the bank opens, I'm going to jump out there & bite the hook! Going to buy the cheapest thing I can just to find out. By the way GoDaddy is their web designer, that's who I'm using for my web store, anyway GoDaddy recommends hiding your identy. Otherwise anyone like all of you people could just drive right right up to my house,not that any of you are bad, just saying. Anyway, I'll come back here & let you know if I get ripped off or not. All the reviews I read said it took 2 weeks to get order so I'll try to post back then. :-}

the question is - what kind of protection do you have against potential fraud here? This is not a credit card that offers a piece of mind, this is a rapid bank transfer (what banks in North America offer this service anyway?). I understand this is like a certified banker's/cashier's check - once you've sent the money you don't have any control over it.

Bought 10 Pentax lens from kowaritech last week. Already transferred my money to their account bad now they're ignoring me. No reply in my emails, and no one ever answered the phone calls! Got my sister who lives in London to check out their office on Gloucester Road and found out that there is NO office there. The building that is supposedly their 'office' is a University College London building. I'm working out how to get my money back. Watch out, they're a big scam! Customer service only exists until they receive your money!

^^ Wow, just wow.

comprx said:   ^^ Wow, just wow.

Agreed...and in those cases....they have no one to blame but themselves. Why someone would place such a large order (with an unproven company)...baffles any form of logic.

And they are gone!

Website won't load up.

ETA: Not yet. False alarm.

MilleniumBuc said:   Plenty of astroturf on a new company.

Some sample reviews:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.kowaritech.com

Chip (new reviewer)

Just came across this site a few days back and began inquiring the products they sold. Customer relations was excellent and the depatch of the item was fast and properly packed. The best part is that they have centres in Canada, USA, Dubai and Hong Kong. I would suggest you checkout the store for any kinds of corporate and consumer goods in electronics.

Will buy from them again!

Thanks guys you make my online purchare a smooth affair. I'm sure after service sales will also be good.


http://www.trustpilot.com/review/kowaritech.com

From Mexs (who also reviewed Grayrivertech.com and Avnertech.com)

Just came across this site a few days back and began inquiring the products they sold. Customer relations was excellent and the dispatch of the item was fast and properly packed. The best part is that they have centres in Canada, USA, Dubai and Hong Kong. I would suggest you checkout the store for any kinds of corporate and consumer goods in electronics.

Thanks guys you make my online purchase a smooth affair. I'm sure after service sales will also be good.


Plus Chip just removed his review. SCAM SCAM SCAM

MilleniumBuc said:   And they are gone!
Website won't load up.

It was slow, but the site loads for me. Not that I'm going any further than that, I was just curious.

Put a message in the Quick Summary as it looks like some people have no common sense.

kowaravanessa said:   Bought 10 Pentax lens from kowaritech last week. Already transferred my money to their account bad now they're ignoring me. No reply in my emails, and no one ever answered the phone calls! Got my sister who lives in London to check out their office on Gloucester Road and found out that there is NO office there. The building that is supposedly their 'office' is a University College London building. I'm working out how to get my money back. Watch out, they're a big scam! Customer service only exists until they receive your money!

did you just make it up? creating a single use profile "kowaravanessa" to comment on kowaritech deal LOL. Not to say that Kowaritech is legit but come on, let's keep it limited to the facts. What lens did you buy, by the way?

It's my real name. And I seriously did get my sister to check out their address in London. They only accept order in bulk, so had to get 10. Pentax F3.55.6 AL II zoom lens, but what does the lens name have to do with anything, unless you can help me get my money back?

Updates on Kowari Tech in case anyone wants to file a complaint too:

Based on the info on http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk, they're only a paper company that has just been incorporated in the UK 2 months ago. Since 2 months ago, there has been no activities recorded.

The scammer's name (or the name of the CEO recorded there) is: Jaime Belville.

Filing a fraud complain now to get it shut down.

kowaravanessa said:    They only accept order in bulk, so had to get 10.


Great logic. I think I'll open up a McDonalds and only accept $100 dollar bills. I'll keep the change.

I know it sounds stupid, but I do bank transfer with several other companies I found online too, and fast forward one year, they're still not scamming me. Will be more cautious next time though

kowaravanessa said:   I know it sounds stupid, but I do bank transfer with several other companies I found online too, and fast forward one year, they're still not scamming me. Will be more cautious next time though



For a very large portion of (consumer-based) transactions....direct bank transfers shouldn't be your "routine" form of payment. Based on your previous posts...it sounds like you know how to find out some of the basics on a company. My suggestion would be to do that beforehand.

I paid these guys almost $600 via bank transfer on 4 March to buy 8 hard drives at a price that was a little too good to be true. I saw the deal on Google Shopping, so I thought it must be legit.

After sending them proof of payment as requested, I immediately got a reply saying, "Hello, Well received. I will forward this message to accounting for processing. Thanks Support"

A week later I inquired about the order. "Processing means your order is being fulfilled. Usually this takes 7-10 business days," was the reply.

I wrote again on 22 March and have received no reply since. In addition the product I ordered seems to have disappeared from their site, and there is no longer any way to check my order status. The phone number on their site is not connected.

If anyone has any advice about how to get my money back, or what authority I can report these scammers to, or if anyone has ever successfully purchased anything from Kowaritech, please keep us informed.

[duplicate post removed]

abdulwahari said:   

If anyone has any advice about how to get my money back, or what authority I can report these scammers to, or if anyone has ever successfully purchased anything from Kowaritech, please keep us informed.


Yes, my advice for you is to stick to retail stores only.


Abdulwahari:

Here's the man you want to claim to, he's the CEO of Million Joy Limited.

Jaime Belville:

Address
6 STEPHENS COURT
TANNUM SANDS
AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIA
4680
Information
Date Of Birth:May-1975
Age:37 Years
Nationality:AUSTRALIAN
Country of Residence:AUSTRALIA
Occupation:CEO
Appointments
Company Role Appointed Status
MILLION JOY LIMITED Director 24 Jan 2013 Active

Since his company is based in the UK, you can report him at: actionfraud.police.uk

They just changed their website recently and now accepting credit cards, has anyone buy anything on their new site? Im kind of leery about their legit business...

quan888 said:   They just changed their website recently and now accepting credit cards, has anyone buy anything on their new site?


So legitimacy in your mind is based on if they accept credit cards or not ?

I feel sorry for your bank account.

kowaritech.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.
The certificate is only valid for Parallels Panel

Skipping 18 Messages...
I got hosed by Grayriver tech. Its obviously a fraud. Luckily, it was a small purchase, but it still bothers to be a sucker. Support was helpful until paid and the product never got shipped. After that no replies to emails or no answer to phonecalls. Laurie jun 4 2013.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014