Is kowaritech.com a legit business?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
respdoc said:   quan888 said:   They just changed their website recently and now accepting credit cards, has anyone buy anything on their new site?

So legitimacy in your mind is based on if they accept credit cards or not ?

I feel sorry for your bank account.

but at least in this case one can try to do a charge back through the credit card company. VISA, etc., have much more muscle to deal with fraudulent merchants than we do

itsadea1 said:   

but at least in this case one can try to do a charge back through the credit card company. VISA, etc., have much more muscle to deal with fraudulent merchants than we do

Chargebacks can be a pain..even when the customer is in the right. This just comes down to common sense and having the smarts to not take unnecessary purchasing risks.

It would be on par as me saying just because I have full coverage auto insurance...I should and can drive like a maniac, carefree.

respdoc said:   itsadea1 said:   

Chargebacks can be a pain..even when the customer is in the right. This just comes down to common sense and having the smarts to not take unnecessary purchasing risks.

It would be on par as me saying just because I have full coverage auto insurance...I should and can drive like a maniac, carefree.

what about the following analogy - because I have a full coverage auto insurance I feel comfortable parking in a crowded parking lot with plenty of CCTV cameras?

The reason I've switched to an example with less damages is because it looks like this site got rid of the requirement to buy $500 plus at once. So, would it be easier to get reimbursement from a credit card if the total amount is sub $50? And, by the way, would not such claim be covered by AMEX 60 day loss/theft protection (if I recall it correctly)?

I've never done chargebacks so can't comment on how easy/hard it would be to do one. What was your experience? Are there cards that are "easier" to deal with? - AMEX, Visa, MC, Discover?

itsadea1 said:   

I've never done chargebacks so can't comment on how easy/hard it would be to do one.

I think the above is the key statement. Yes, I've done them before (for unauthorized charges) and it not something I consider as a "fun" activity.

Your analogy also doesn't apply...since there is a big difference between taking calculated risks and being foolhardy. Shopping at the above website is clearly the latter.

yes, i've noticed their certificate issue too... so it doesn't look safe... i'm staying away.

respdoc said:   itsadea1 said:   

I've never done chargebacks so can't comment on how easy/hard it would be to do one.

I think the above is the key statement. Yes, I've done them before (for unauthorized charges) and it not something I consider as a "fun" activity.

I meant I've never done chargebacks for authorized purchases. A few of my credit card numbers got stolen and used to buy something online but my CC fraud prevention department flagged it right away, emailed/texted/called me, and removed the transaction within a day or so. I'd assume that it would be harder to charge back something that one's authorized.

But I hear you regarding this web site. It seems it would not take too much effort to create such a web site using widely available templates, search Amazon for items with high sales ranks to create an "inventory", and put together an algorithm that assigns an "intelligent" bait pricing based on price history from camel camel or something like this. then all one needs to do is to sit and enjoy the cash flow from unsuspecting gullible deal seekers

Just letting you know I have reported Kowaritech to various police and international fraud authorities.

They use prices that are too good to be true to lure Google shoppers into placing legitimate-looking orders and transferring money into their Cayman Islands bank account. You will never hear from them again.

Please put to rest any doubts you still have about this company's legitimacy, and help spread the word: KOWARITECH IS A SCAM!

The only people having any doubts about their legitimacy aren't going to care whether or not it's an obvious scam...

You can't protect an idiot from himself, the weakest link is always the first to break.

It's like people that got suckered into Zeekrewards, it doesn't matter how many times you tell people not to buy into something that is too good to be true, people will constantly ignore logic and go with greed.

The various police agencies and international fraud authorities are useless, at best they'll "shut down" kowaritech and they'll pop up under a different name, similar concept, and more people will get suckered.

It sucks for people opening new businesses if they're legitimate but the reality is without an established reputation a "good deal" is often a cover for a scam.

That said,If prices are too good to be true then they're not legitimate looking orders....

Indeed, they have just come up with another name/site it seems: Avnertech.com
Beware of these guys, stay away.

Gray River Tech is also KowariTech.
http://grayrivertech.com/index.php?route=common/home
Scam, stay away!

Gray River Tech is also KowariTech.
Scam, stay away!

kowaravanessa said:   Gray River Tech is also KowariTech.
Scam, stay away!

I think the issue is fully solved and it's to the point of beating a dead horse. If someone is still willing to purchase from this seller...they should probably not be allowed around a computer and/or should be wearing a helmet at all times.

For all practical purposes, this case is closed.

I am glad I checked this forum before I made my payment.

Here are reasons why I was led to check for GrayRiverTech.com business' legitimacy:

1) They carry a broad range of products, which means their business must be big! However, they seem to carry only the older models, photos are in low resolution, and no detailed specifications listed, suggesting their business is not kept up with HR infrastructure to update online info or provide satisfactory support.

2) When I moved onto Payment page, my Order # was only FOUR digit number!! Excuse me? If they are running such a large business, 4 digit cannot handle even monthly orders. That was the shortest Order Number ever encountered by me. I am NOT paying for any items.

3) And review for yourself:
Bank Address: Multibank, Panama
Account Owner: INPAY PANAMA S.A., Panama

Cuenta No.: 10132105072
Swift/BIC-code: MCTBPAPAXXX
(Besides, I have to MANUALLY include "Payment reference" while bank transfer to process my order)

I've encountered some UK based fraudulent business before, and their banking setup in Panama while claiming to export/ship from multicountries including UK, Hong Kong, etc.? To me, I can believe that they only exist as Paper Company and there is high probability they are scam.

4) Latest reviews I checked using Google search term: "grayrivertech fraud"

Link: http://www.reviewcentre.com/Online-Electronic-Shops/Gray-River-www-grayrivertech-com-reviews_1844953

The two posts had full 5-star reviews as seen below:

“excellent service”
Written on: 21/02/2013 by jason.levitt (1 review written)

I bought a coffee maker a week ago and was just delivered this morning. Wow, fast delivery. i was nervous about buying from a new company but now i will be ordering a laptop for my daughter. You cant beat the prices

“Blackwire Headset Love it!!”
Written on: 31/01/2013 by glenlevitte (0 reviews written)

Just received delivery of my Blackwire headset from Grayrivertech.com... cheap prices, delivery was standard 7 days and best of all, it was not broken when it arrived. I would definitely shop there again, but the only draw back is they do not offer express delivery

Then I noticed.... Reviewers' names are "Jason.Levitt" and "glenlevitte" ?? SCAM!! No turning back for me. Make a wise investment folks!

LOL, straight from maps.google.com
I searched GrayRiverTech.com's listed address and it turned up a list of business registered at this address..

1BodyCare‎
ArtDriver Web Design & SEO‎
British Monomarks Ltd‎
Credit Debt & Legal Ltd‎
DatingLondon101‎
drinksIn.com‎
Fast House Sales London‎
FREE VENUE FINDING AGENCIES SERVICES‎
Insides Interiors Limited‎
Jessup Marketing‎
Kronik Media‎
Pharma Meetings Planners Medical Healthcare Events‎
Primary Networks‎
Print Solutions‎
SEO Experts London‎
SOS Cleaning Services Limited‎
Tarot Helpline‎

and out of all...

"The Advertising Protection Agency‎"

DUH!!! Google's street view confirms it's no place for electronics store or shopping. Map view clearly indicates it's a corner of "Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine".

In my opinion, anyone already scammed should really step up and report this fraudulent business to uproot future activities.

OMG.. check this out, my new discovery..

http://crossmartsavings.com

and

http://grayrivertech.com/

have the SAME web design and layout!! Beware!!

andrenikes said:   OMG.. check this out, my new discovery..

http://crossmartsavings.com

and

http://grayrivertech.com/

have the SAME web design and layout!! Beware!!

We get it, Columbo. Time to move on.

If you pay with a credit card, you can have the card company yank the payment back and refund you if it turns out to be a scam, so the risk is minimal. If you pay by bank transfer, you're hosed.

I got hosed by Grayriver tech. Its obviously a fraud. Luckily, it was a small purchase, but it still bothers to be a sucker. Support was helpful until paid and the product never got shipped. After that no replies to emails or no answer to phonecalls. Laurie jun 4 2013.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014