• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
A while back Amazon featured around 10 free audio books to download as part of the whispersync launch.

They are still free, and more on top of that. I downloaded about 26 free audio books and their kindle versions (i explain in this video: deal details )

There are also some audiobook gems like Ivanhoe that are only a few bucks ($1.99, great listen BTW).

Anyone find any good / cheap downloads on audible, or other free Amazon whispersync audiobooks that I missed?

Share!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You can also just go here: http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/categories/1

rklamato said:   You can also just go here: http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/categories/1

That is good for what it is... but keep in mind what I am talking about are professionally narrated novels... not random people reading books into tape recorders. There is quite a bit of a difference.

Snake Plissken?... I thought you were dead?

Thanks for your you tube video!

SteveG

Some are coming up free and others are $.49-1.99. Odd.

There are multiple recordings of each, so check other to see which one is free. Also possible that they increased the price on some...

sgogo said:   Snake Plissken?... I thought you were dead?

SteveG

why did you think i was dead!?

Plissken said:   sgogo said:   Snake Plissken?... I thought you were dead?

SteveG

why did you think i was dead!?

I really didn't think you were dead.

I don't want to give away any spoilers, but "Snake Plissken" was the main character of "Escape from New York".

It is a very good 1980's film where Kurt Russel is a well known bad guy, who is offered a deal to get out of prison if he goes into NYC to retrieve something. It is the future and NYC is now a very bad place.

All through the movie, everyone he runs into recognizes him and says "Snake Plissken?... I thought you were dead?"... It became a tag line for the movie.

Regards
SteveG

Lol. I got the name from that movie, but I forgot about that line...

Anybody find any more free downloads that I missed?

Today Only 3/17/2013 to get the discounted kindle price... The audiobooks should remain discounted if once you own the kindle.

Hangman's Daughter Kindle $0.99
Hangman's Daughter Audiobook $1.99

The Dark Monk Kindle $0.99
The Dark Monk Audiobook $1.99

The Beggar King Kindle $0.99
The Beggar King Audiobook $1.99

The Poisoned Pilgrim Kindle $0.99 (pre-order)
I am guessing they will offer the audiobook when it comes out for $1.99 if you own the kindle.

Life of PI
Kindle book $4.32
Audiobook $3.95 (discounted with kindle book purchase)
Total $8.27

Steve Jobs
Kindle book $8.49
Audiobook $3.95 (discounted with kindle book purchase)
Total $12.44

Clash Of Kings: A Song of Fire and Ice book 2 (AKA Game of Thrones book 2)
Kindle book $9.99
Audiobook $11.49 (discounted with kindle book purchase)
Total $21.48

If you are NEW to audible (new accounts only), dont miss out on the free $10 audible voucher today only: AmazonLocal voucher

Today only:
The Deal of the Day is for 40 different kindle Mystery Novels... some of them pair with discounted audiobook
Example:
Rules of Crime
Kindle Book $1.99
Audio Book $1.99
Total $3.98

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014