BestBuy Return Policy 30 days to 15 days

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Best Buy has reduced it's return policy from 30 days to 15 days. Be aware reward zone points take twice as long to post (30 days).

Best Buy will also be dropping its post-purchase price-matching policy on March 3

Return Policy

link

I for one am Disappointed and will have to find alternate retailer.

discuss;

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Umm ... buy Amazon Kindle GCs with your BB GC.

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 2:41p) |

Some people even return things for spite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0MXJAQhmo

FinancialAnalyst (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 3:26p) |

Most Best Buy stores are also swiping your ID for all returns(receipts, credit cards etc) and tracking your personal ret... (more)

Kastigador (Mar. 28, 2013 @ 3:52p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't have too much of a problem with it. I'm more concerned with pricematching when I buy over after I buy, and at least for me, AMEX provides great warranty coverage and also will accept returns up to 90 days if the retailer does not.

outtawhack said:    AMEX provides great warranty coverage and also will accept returns up to 90 days if the retailer does not.
True but only on items up to $300.

This is the real policy:

"Best Buy reserves the right to deny any return or exchange."

Sucks for them. Guess I will continue to use Amazon more. Sorry Best Buy but you are loosing me as a customer.

So... 22 days ago their policy changed?

Best Buy used to be my goto place and was my first stop when I was looking for a new LCD TV. Circuit City (brick and mortar store.. yes, it was that long ago) had the TV on sale and it was in stock, but I was a RewardZone member with Best Buy and wanted the RewardZone points. They refused to price match the TV (even though it was their policy), so I left the store, drove 10 minutes to Circuit City, and bought the TV. Since then I've shifted my spending towards Amazon and I haven't looked back.

Best Buy is dying and will need a miracle to survive.

Another nail in the BestBuy coffin, keep it up BestBuy corporate. These brilliant ideas will keep your customers swarming to your stores.

DaGimp said:   Another nail in the BestBuy coffin, keep it up BestBuy corporate. These brilliant ideas will keep your customers swarming to your stores.

No kidding eh? They were already losing money because their prices were higher than other retailers. Now they are removing any incentive for anyone to shop there. Oh well, they can go the way of Circuit City.

Give it a few months and they will be selling everything "as is" with no return and no warranty.

Not cool. Even more reason to have customers buy from Fry's, Amazon, Microcenter. Good going Bestbuy

great, now I may not get those 500 bonus points from last week if I have to return my item soon...

I actually started to shop at BB more in the last 3-4 months because I realized they had a decent policy in regards to 30 days and no restocking fee on any items even opened. At 15 days, that will change my thinking alot.

Mhotep said:   Sucks for them. Guess I will continue to use Amazon more. Sorry Best Buy but you are loosing me as a customer.

This is like your girlfriend Sally breaking up with you so you say, "I'm sorry Sally, but this is going to force me to break up with you. Goodbye."

Here's what you don't get: Best Buy is breaking up with YOU.

People who buy stuff and return it 16+ days later are a royal pain to deal with.

MilleniumBuc said:   This is the real policy:

Huh? That really makes me nervous.
Do other stores have a similar policy in their return policies? Or did BB just slip that in...

MGR said:   MilleniumBuc said:   This is the real policy:

Huh? That really makes me nervous.
Do other stores have a similar policy in their return policies? Or did BB just slip that in...

Many stores have this in their return policy. It's just that BB is one that is likely to use it at management's whim.

FinancialAnalyst said:   Mhotep said:   Sucks for them. Guess I will continue to use Amazon more. Sorry Best Buy but you are loosing me as a customer.

This is like your girlfriend Sally breaking up with you so you say, "I'm sorry Sally, but this is going to force me to break up with you. Goodbye."

People who buy stuff and return it 16+ days later are a royal pain to deal with.

Then maybe they shouldn't sell crap they can't stand behind. 30 days to use and test an item is not long at all. Two weeks is not long enough to tell if a product is defective, 30 days is pushing it too. I for one still believe in getting something non-defective and that extends beyond just turning it on for the first time. Policies like theirs promotes manufacturers skimping even more on build quality.

If there are few return rights, there would be less incentive for manufacturers to build something that lasts as long and as durable than your competition.

Mhotep said:   Sucks for them. Guess I will continue to use Amazon more. Sorry Best Buy but you are loosing me as a customer.

They lost me as a customer a few years ago. Although BEST BUY is the best showroom for Amazon stuff.

It's my way of sticking it to the man.

Worst buy is still around?

Amazon must be toying with them.

WorseBuy is still around - that's where I go do window shopping, or cash in BB gift cards (in the form of kindle GC).

Now they are PMing Amazon. A month ago, I was looking at a waterproof digital camera - Amazon had it and BB PM it on the spot by me just showing the price from my phone. Tax was still an issue, however for me, in a few months, it won't be...

But 15 days return policy? Nope - I'll still window shop...

FinancialAnalyst said:   Mhotep said:   Sucks for them. Guess I will continue to use Amazon more. Sorry Best Buy but you are loosing me as a customer.

I gave up football and cigars for her, and now she just lays on the couch in her stinky, XXL sweatpants. Here's the best part. She wants to breakup, so she can chase Justin Bieber around the country. Technically BBY broke up with me, but I think I got the better deal.

The offer produced here is very interesting and worthy. The return policy is very interesting and as you have stated in the post, I would like to have a glance on them but unable to open the link here. Thanks for sharing.

Death throes are so unseemly....

FrugalFreak said:   FinancialAnalyst said:   Mhotep said:   Sucks for them. Guess I will continue to use Amazon more. Sorry Best Buy but you are loosing me as a customer.

Then maybe they shouldn't sell crap they can't stand behind. 30 days to use and test an item is not long at all. Two weeks is not long enough to tell if a product is defective, 30 days is pushing it too. I for one still believe in getting something non-defective and that extends beyond just turning it on for the first time. Policies like theirs promotes manufacturers skimping even more on build quality.

If there are few return rights, there would be less incentive for manufacturers to build something that lasts as long and as durable than your competition.

30 days is not for defective. It's for restocking. I can't imagine any situation where 15 days is not sufficient to give and return a gift except Christmas and they make exceptions for that. I'm not a Best Buy customer, but I can't help but notice that the last ten televisions I bought came from there. Maybe I am a customer...

Also don't forget that bestbuy participates in TRE(true retail equation). If you return 4 or more items(no matter what purchase price) in a year, they tag you as a bad customer and put a 90day circuit breaker on your future returns.

sarulsenthil said:   Also don't forget that bestbuy participates in TRE(true retail equation). If you return 4 or more items(no matter what purchase price) in a year, they tag you as a bad customer and put a 90day circuit breaker on your future returns.

Good..and not sure why so many (legitimate) shoppers seem to whine about it. All it does in the "big picture" is cost more for us normal shoppers when people abuse the return game.

respdoc said:   sarulsenthil said:   Also don't forget that bestbuy participates in TRE(true retail equation). If you return 4 or more items(no matter what purchase price) in a year, they tag you as a bad customer and put a 90day circuit breaker on your future returns.Good..and not sure why so many (legitimate) shoppers seem to whine about it. All it does in the "big picture" is cost more for us normal shoppers when people abuse the return game.The problem is that BB requires a return / rebuy for post-purchase price adjustments. I bought a TV that decreased in price, at BB, multiple times during the original return period so I had to "return" the TV each time I got a price adjustment.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   The problem is that BB requires a return / rebuy for post-purchase price adjustments. I bought a TV that decreased in price, at BB, multiple times during the original return period so I had to "return" the TV each time I got a price adjustment.

Well..per OP's first post...it said that adjustment was nixed on March 3rd...so that shouldn't be an issue.

MilleniumBuc said:   This is the real policy:

Don't forget, here in SoCal, they are also aligned with Pacific Sales, which has the same policy.

"We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase." (Best Buy Low Price Guarantee)

They will adjust their own price within 15 days. They will not however pricematch another store after the purchase. I'd guess that means a return & rebuy within 15 days if BB lowers the price. The caveat is "The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest" so don't count on getting the low price on more than one identical item if it goes on sale.

I have never had a problem with bestbuy .. but will be more cautious for sure

I remember with their old Price Match Policy (a while back) they had a 110% guarantee if you found the price cheaper at a competitor within x days of purchase.

On multiple occasions, I'd price match at the time of sale and they would not give me the extra 10%.

Asked at Customer Service about it and was told you had to price match AFTER the purchase to get the 10% extra. If you did it at the time of sale, they wouldn't provide the difference.

Ahh, the years of sucky service continue.

I have BB gift card for 2yrs now, don't know what to buy as I get all the items from Amazon. Now each STATE is becoming greedy and want to put tax on Amazon and other online retailers.
Best Buy is sure to die. Amazon might follow soon if they are not flexible on their prices and shipping plus tax.

cs2010 said:   I have BB gift card for 2yrs now, don't know what to buy as I get all the items from Amazon. Umm ... buy Amazon Kindle GCs with your BB GC.

Some people even return things for spite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0MXJAQhmo

Most Best Buy stores are also swiping your ID for all returns(receipts, credit cards etc) and tracking your personal return history so you can easily be black listed for returning or price matching(which conveniently counts as a return) a handful of items in a year, especially if they are similar to one another. That was my last straw with them and I haven't spent a penny since even though it was just a "warning" that would expire from their system in 90 days. Best Buy's problem is they signed big leases for all their big box stores and are now in a world where small boutique stores and etailers are killing them. In the meantime they can't break their store leases which cause huge expensive overhead. In other words, they're screwed and they're just passing the buck along to their customers. It's a downward spiral and this policy change is just another circle for them around the drain.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014