• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Last year at this time Staples ran a special on making copies of your income tax returns. I have not seen Staples advertize this special this tax season. I did find a couple of 20% off coupons at OfficeDepot and OfficeMax at their print & copy center good thru 03/30. Anything else out there??

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Repeating in bold...doesn't change the third-person perspective. Given some of the recent good sales on cheapie all-in-o... (more)

respdoc (Mar. 31, 2013 @ 11:01p) |

Thanks for the advise on cheepie AIO printer, but since its a tax return, I wanted to make sure it was copied right (2-s... (more)

busnut (Mar. 31, 2013 @ 11:11p) |

Even the cheapest AIO can do double sided, you just have to flip the paper.

But, a real thrifty fatwalleter will just fi... (more)

blueiedgod (Apr. 02, 2013 @ 7:36a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

busnut said:    Anything else out there??

Your own printer.

Done in 1.

Just when you thought you've seen it all with ridiculous threads on this place.

This one takes the cake...

i copy them at work

Buy a cheapo scanner and scan them into .pdf format. You can print them any time later. Just make the file name easy to recognize. 2012 last, first.pdf Something like that. Save paper, save the planet. Burn multiple copies on CD/DVD/USB for back up in another location in case there is a fire.

Seriously email to me and I will copy them for you and send them to you just make me an offer.

In for 1

no hdmi...err picture of your girlfriend?...err..whats this thread about again?

Drive off $4+ of gasoline and use 1/2 hour of your time to save $0.07 x 10 pages or so. Yeah, right.

respdoc said:   busnut said:    Anything else out there??

Your own printer.

Obvious answer but it's theoretically possible the OP has a paper return and doesn't have a scanner.

JamesTKirk said:   respdoc said:   busnut said:    Anything else out there??

Your own printer.

Obvious answer but it's theoretically possible the OP has a paper return and doesn't have a scanner.

Library. Couple bucks for copies.

Your own printer.

Take a photo? Develop film. Use dark room to re-print.

Yup, the glorious 1950's!

What is this thingamagig that I am typing this nonsense on?

jigsaw1975 said:   no hdmi...err picture of your girlfriend?...err..whats this thread about again?

...shipping and tax kills this....

Whats the best place out there for me to have a shower? :/

Op, if you don't have a scanner one might be available in a local library somewhere. Some olleges with superior equipment allow public access to their libraries.

StartByServingOthers said:    Some olleges with superior equipment allow public access to their libraries.

Hopefully some still contain old fashioned dictionaries for spelling.

saladdin said:   JamesTKirk said:   respdoc said:   busnut said:    Anything else out there??

Your own printer.

Library. Couple bucks for copies.

My local library gives each user account $30 per year free for prints and copies on a special debit card. Otherwise, b/w pages are 10 each and color are 50. I think. It's been a while since I've used the card. I don't abuse the service; I think I'm still on my original $30 from five or six years ago.

Look for the free Staples deal to continue this year as possibly they have been running it for years but shortening the duration.

last year Staples was giving Free Tax return copies during the week+couple days leading to 4/17/12

Staples Makes Season Less Taxing With Free Copies Of Tax Returns
By Business Wire 03/27/12 - 07:54 AM EDT

Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) is making it easy for customers during tax season by offering free copies of tax returns and one-stop shopping on essentials such as tax-filing software and organizational products. Starting April 8, 2012 and continuing through tax-filing day on April 17,2012, Staples Copy & Print Centers (with full service at all Staples locations) will provide savings to its customers by offering 30 pages of free tax return copies (15 double-sided sheets).

------------------------
more free weeks back in 2010

For the sixth consecutive year, to make tax-time even less taxing, the company is providing free copies of tax returns. This spring, Staples is passing on even more savings to its customers by providing 30 pages of free tax return copies (15 double-sided sheets). In addition, Staples Copy & Print Centers (with full service at all Staples locations) will provide these free copies of tax returns one week earlier, starting on March 27, 2010, and continuing through tax-filing day on April 15, 2010.

The best deal is to not file taxes.

There is a free app for that

Indeed, OP filing paper return for multiple states, federal (would not even mention # of schedules), + couple of local muni's. All done on paper (TurboTax in brain). Hence the reason OP asked for help locating photocopying deal.

Thanks for replies - ended going to Staples & using a 30% off competitor print center Q-pon from OfficeDepot.

busnut said:   Indeed, OP filing paper return for multiple states, federal (would not even mention # of schedules), + couple of local muni's. All done on paper (TurboTax in brain). Hence the reason OP asked for help locating photocopying deal.

Why are you talking in third-person ?

Your own printer.

Indeed, OP filing paper return for multiple states, federal (would not even mention # of schedules), + couple of local muni's. All done on paper (TurboTax in brain). Hence the reason OP asked for help locating photocopying deal.

Thanks for replies - ended going to Staples & using a 30% off competitor print center Q-pon from OfficeDepot.

busnut said:   

Repeating in bold...doesn't change the third-person perspective. Given some of the recent good sales on cheapie all-in-ones...you would probably be pretty close to breaking even in total cost (time, gas, etc). Not to mention you would have a printer for next tax season.

Also by "you" I mean OP (original poster)..aka.."busnut". Just in case you're still confused.

respdoc said:   busnut said:   

Repeating in bold...doesn't change the third-person perspective. Given some of the recent good sales on cheapie all-in-ones...you'd probably be pretty close to breaking even in total cost (time, gas, etc).

Also by "you" I mean OP (original poster)..aka.."busnut". Just in case you're still confused.

Thanks for the advise on cheepie AIO printer, but since its a tax return, I wanted to make sure it was copied right (2-sided). When I typed OP & bold & repeated, I was tired. Very glad tax season is over. Thanks for the FWS suggestions.

busnut said:   respdoc said:   busnut said:   

Repeating in bold...doesn't change the third-person perspective. Given some of the recent good sales on cheapie all-in-ones...you'd probably be pretty close to breaking even in total cost (time, gas, etc).

Thanks for the advise on cheepie AIO printer, but since its a tax return, I wanted to make sure it was copied right (2-sided). When I typed OP & bold & repeated, I was tired. Very glad tax season is over. Thanks for the FWS suggestions.

Even the cheapest AIO can do double sided, you just have to flip the paper.

But, a real thrifty fatwalleter will just fill out 2 identical sets of forms. Set one to the IRS and keep one on file.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014