Best Vendor for Moissonite loose stones?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello all,

My GF has decided that moissonite is a good choice compared to diamonds for an engagement ring. I've seen some moissonite vendors on fleabay selling the kind of stone I want (1.5-2 carat, near-colorless, cushion cut), but they don't have a picture of the particular stone, and I don't know whether there is a certification process for moissonite.

Also, I would want an ideal cut if possible, but to be honest I am not sure if that even is a thing with moissonite, or how I'd tell if any given stone from a vendor was ideal cut.

Anyway share your advice and wisdom, please! I'll try to keep this updated with any helpful information for people in the same situation.

Member Summary

JTausTX said:    I don't know whether there is a certification process for moissonite.

Also, I would want an ideal cut if possible, but to be honest I am not sure if that even is a thing with moissonite, or how I'd tell if any given stone from a vendor was ideal cut.

Looks like you have plenty you need to research before shopping for prices.

I recommend MoissaniteCo.com. You should buy a stone loose from them to check it out before you have it set, so that you can return it if you don't like it. Moissanites tend to show some yellowish or even greenish tint, particularly in non-rounds. The color is very hard to photograph accurately, so you really should see it in person and examine it in a variety of lighting conditions.

MoissaniteCo does sell color-enhanced moissanite under the Forever Brilliant line, and they also deal in Amora Moissanite produced by BetterThanDiamond.com. They are sold out of the Amora Moissanite currently, but you could get on the wait list at BTD.

Whatever you do, buy a loose stone first to make sure you like it. If you like it, you can send it back to the company to have it set in a ring, or you can take it to your own jeweler for setting.

Congrats on finding a FW GF really worth making a wife!

Great info about Moissanites can be found on Jewelry Secrets

Moissanite Diamonds

About 10 years ago we bought a Moissanite stone for a wedding ring. No one has ever figured out that it is not a real diamond, including jewelers. We have been very happy with the purchase. I just wish we could have had access to the information in this discussion forum at the time of our purchase.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014