• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Member Summary

cheaper than pageplus?

hoping for cheap data... no freedom pop in AZ

vickh said:   hoping for cheap data... no freedom pop in AZ
FreedomPop should now be available, at 3G speeds, whereever Sprint 3G service is available. The current Overdrive Pro modem works with both 4G and 3G networks.

Can't wait to see the plans. I am with PagePlus and I love my $29.95 bill!

jhburgess said:   vickh said:   hoping for cheap data... no freedom pop in AZ
FreedomPop should now be available, at 3G speeds, whereever Sprint 3G service is available. The current Overdrive Pro modem works with both 4G and 3G networks.

nope http://www.freedompop.com/coverage

put in 85001

vickh said:   jhburgess said:   vickh said:   hoping for cheap data... no freedom pop in AZ

nope http://www.freedompop.com/coverage

put in 85001

If you gave a valid email address when you were checking coverage, you will probably receive an email from FreedomPop announcing that service is now available in Phoenix with an offer to buy a refurbished Overdrive Pro 3G/4G modem for $39.99, plus 2 GB of 3G and/or 4G data free for the first month. That's what happened when I checked availability for Gainesville, FL. The only locations in FL that appear to have 4G are Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando and Tampa (and some of those are questionable). There's also rumors that FreedomPop will be switching from Clearwire 4G to Sprint 4G/4G LTE sometime in the future. If you sign up, the plan will automatically renew at 2 GB per month for $19.99, unless you change. The 500 MB level is free for 4G service only - with 3G/4G it's $3.99 per month.

thx! I'll just be happy with ltd. free 3G.

Do u know if netzero is also switching switching from Clearwire (doesn't work here now either)

so no way to get free 500MB in Phx right now? also can u set it up to block @ 500mb or do u have to monitor overages?

https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm

I'll believe ItsOn will run on Verizon when I see it. The chatter on Howard Forums is this is a company in which Verizon owns a stake, but the network will be Sprint's.

If it is Verizon, I'm sure it will be 3G only, and that on the day ItsOn starts selling service, Verizon's own pre-paid plan will announce a LTE pre-paid data heavy plan which works on all Verizon postpaid LTE devices.

Zact uses Sprint AND Verizon roaming on 3G without roaming charges. It uses 4G LTE 25 which means it is limited to a small subset of Sprint coverage for 4G LTE Coverage. Unclear what the future 4G LTE strategy will be if any but the 4G LTE does not offer much with this service and newer devices will be needed for full coverage in markets depending if they go with Sprint 4G LTE or Verizon 4G LTE or whatnot in the future.

Sprint towers are chosen first but it will roam on Verizon. You usually CAN Force phones on Verizon or Sprint using special codes and the phones do indeed work for both networks for the 3G frequencies. Verizon 3G will work at a faster speed however so it would be nicer if Verizon was indeed the primary coverage on these phones. As being partly financed by Verizon, it seems odd that Sprint gets priority here.

Zact prices look ok considering the 3G with no roaming charges and full Sprint network with roaming.

MVNO vs buying direct from Verizon or Sprint depends what your budget is and what you are looking for.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014