• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Anyone else have this problem? I'm looking at some things on their website and underneath the price it says "additional offers" and on the item page it says "easy rebate" but when I try click to see what the rebate is, I can't. It doesn't appear "clickable". I'm looking at an Asus 16gb tablet, so I guess I will head to the store to see if there is a rebate.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I had problems last night. I was submitting rebates. I've been submitting rebates on the site for years and last night my email/user name/etc. didn't exist. I was able to submit by just typing in the info but my guess is that they're "improving" something.

Thanks for the link. Not something I'm interested in. Bummer.

my4mainecoons said:   I had problems last night. I was submitting rebates. I've been submitting rebates on the site for years and last night my email/user name/etc. didn't exist. I was able to submit by just typing in the info but my guess is that they're "improving" something.

Similar problem: username not recognized so I entered my contact info. Clicking NEXT returned the session to the start page -- the page where we select "store purchase" -- without presenting the payment options.

My4: Did your session reach the payment step?

Stolat said:   my4mainecoons said:   I had problems last night. I was submitting rebates. I've been submitting rebates on the site for years and last night my email/user name/etc. didn't exist. I was able to submit by just typing in the info but my guess is that they're "improving" something.

Similar problem: username not recognized so I entered my contact info. Clicking NEXT returned the session to the start page -- the page where we select "store purchase" -- without presenting the payment options.

I was able to submit my rebate and received confirmation emails. I gave up trying to use my stored information and just entered it "fresh". Most of it was in cache (is that what you call it?) so it was just a matter of clicking on the field.

my4mainecoons said:   Stolat said:   my4mainecoons said:   I had problems last night. I was submitting rebates. I've been submitting rebates on the site for years and last night my email/user name/etc. didn't exist. I was able to submit by just typing in the info but my guess is that they're "improving" something.

I was able to submit my rebate and received confirmation emails. I gave up trying to use my stored information and just entered it "fresh". Most of it was in cache (is that what you call it?) so it was just a matter of clicking on the field.
Autofill

Mine went pretty easy for the Toshiba Laptop for the one I picked up yesterday....

the people who might've encountered what I think you're mentioning have tried the following:

try to submit your rebate using regular method...if you encounter the issue @ "retrieve" then say you "forgot" your password. (in another tab)

you will receiv email to put in "new" password...just reenter old password...and then it should work...

at least that what others have said and i tried it too...

Hi,

Can some give me a quick answer. I purchased a calci long back with rewards number #2 on address #2. I want to know if I can submit the rebate to address #1 now which already has a rewards number #1. This is mail in rebate only, but address on the form is still Says "Staples".

It bold it reads, 'Limits per address/customer: No limits'. Hence I am thinking of submitting to address#1, but don't want to screw up the 2 reward accts.

Thanks

MysteriousGirl said:   Hi,

Can some give me a quick answer. I purchased a calci long back with rewards number #2 on address #2. I want to know if I can submit the rebate to address #1 now which already has a rewards number #1. This is mail in rebate only, but address on the form is still Says "Staples".

It bold it reads, 'Limits per address/customer: No limits'. Hence I am thinking of submitting to address#1, but don't want to screw up the 2 reward accts.

Thanks
1) What the heck is a "calci"?
2) "Long back" is how long? Have you missed the "must be postmarked by date" for the rebate? If so, your question doesn't matter.
3) Is this some type of fraud you are trying to get away with? You bought with one rewards account and submitted the rebate and now want to submit a rebate for the same purchase using another address?
4)What does being a mail in rebate have to do with anything?
5)If the city/state is still El Paso, TX then this rebate is going to Parago for processing in spite of the "Staples".

mathfaster said:   
5)If the city/state is still El Paso, TX then this rebate is going to Parago for processing in spite of the "Staples".

This.

If this is one of those Canon calculator rebates that goes to Tennessee, you can submit it without worry.

If it's going to El Paso, up to you if you want to take the risk.

mathfaster said:   MysteriousGirl said:   Hi,

Thanks
1) What the heck is a "calci"?
2) "Long back" is how long? Have you missed the "must be postmarked by date" for the rebate? If so, your question doesn't matter.
3) Is this some type of fraud you are trying to get away with? You bought with one rewards account and submitted the rebate and now want to submit a rebate for the same purchase using another address?
4)What does being a mail in rebate have to do with anything?

OH no, Sorry for the confusion. Calci is calculator, that had $10 rebate. I purchased 2 on 2 difft rewards acct. I had to sent the UPC too along with the rebate form, so I am trying to any type of fraud.

I purchased in Jan 2013 and the last date was May 6th. I submitted one rebate long back and received rebate too (address #1). But for 2nd acct, I kept posponing and saw yesterday that it was late by 2 days. Still I wanted to post and see what the rebate center has to say. My 2nd rewards acct is on friends address with his phone number. While he will be gone on business trip for 2 months, I don't want to miss any "resubmit request or any other letter" if happen to receive from rebate center. so I want to keep track by calling if needed. Knowing that my friend won't be there to inform me of any letter/phone, I wanted to submit the rebate to address #1 again, as there is no limit.

But the question I was asking was - since the receipt clearly shows the rewards acct #2, would it be a problem that they might merge the 2 accts.
Since I was already late by 2 days and didn't happen to get a quick response and wanted to post before the mail man picks up the mail. I went ahead and submitted the rebate with my friends address #2 , but my phone number (address #1 phone). Not sure if this would also cause any merge though.

And this is in Memphis and Canon is the manufacturer.
So like I said, I had 2 UPC's, 2 receipts, 2 rebate forms - So please I never did anything like fraud till date.

HTH

MysteriousGirl said:   ...OH no, Sorry for the confusion. Calci is calculator, that had $10 rebate. I purchased 2 on 2 difft rewards acct. I had to sent the UPC too along with the rebate form, so I am trying to any type of fraud.

I purchased in Jan 2013 and the last date was May 6th. I submitted one rebate long back and received rebate too (address #1). But for 2nd acct, I kept posponing and saw yesterday that it was late by 2 days. Still I wanted to post and see what the rebate center has to say. My 2nd rewards acct is on friends address with his phone number. While he will be gone on business trip for 2 months, I don't want to miss any "resubmit request or any other letter" if happen to receive from rebate center. so I want to keep track by calling if needed. Knowing that my friend won't be there to inform me of any letter/phone, I wanted to submit the rebate to address #1 again, as there is no limit.

But the question I was asking was - since the receipt clearly shows the rewards acct #2, would it be a problem that they might merge the 2 accts.
Since I was already late by 2 days and didn't happen to get a quick response and wanted to post before the mail man picks up the mail. I went ahead and submitted the rebate with my friends address #2 , but my phone number (address #1 phone). Not sure if this would also cause any merge though.

And this is in Memphis and Canon is the manufacturer.
So like I said, I had 2 UPC's, 2 receipts, 2 rebate forms - So please I never did anything like fraud till date.

HTH
There is currently NO, repeat NO, linkage between the Rewards system and the Rebate system except for transaction ID, sku, amount, and quantity. No personal data is shared amongst the 2 systems at the current time. There could be a linkage but there is not. One can always pay cash for a purchase and never give a rewards number and still submit a rebate. Thus no personal data on the purchase side and thus no linkage. The Purchase system is the Purchase system and the Rebate system is the Rebate system except for those 4 data elements in common between the 2 systems in order to process the rebate(s).

VivYip said:   the people who might've encountered what I think you're mentioning have tried the following:

try to submit your rebate using regular method...if you encounter the issue @ "retrieve" then say you "forgot" your password. (in another tab)

you will receiv email to put in "new" password...just reenter old password...and then it should work...

at least that what others have said and i tried it too...

Thanks for the advice. Completed the SER a few days ago with your help.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014