Walmart return

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi,

I got some problem on my Wal-Mart purchase. I bought one Toshiba laptop at Wal-Mart.com. Since my friend found a better deal at Amazon for me, I brought it to a local store for a refund within 14 days. Unfortunately, they are just able to give me a store credit instead of a credit card refund due to the new policy. However, I was told by the manager that I still can send the item back to their warehouse via mail for a full refund but I need to pay the shipping and the cost is $15.68. Has anyone had the same problem before?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Oh - now playing the race card... yeah...

rsuaver (May. 06, 2013 @ 9:37a) |

rsuaver (May. 06, 2013 @ 9:38a) |

Could not have said it better.

respdoc (May. 06, 2013 @ 9:50a) |

You seem to have quite the issues with WalMart "returns":

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1245848/

respdoc said:   You seem to have quite the issues with WalMart "returns":

In fact, just two only and that one was a gift I received from a friend.

if that's the rule then take your pick and move on...

respdoc said:   You seem to have quite the issues with WalMart "returns":

Also seems like she/he buy and returns a lot of electronics.

Jessicalim said:   Hi,

I got some problem on my Wal-Mart purchase. I bought one Toshiba laptop at Wal-Mart.com. Since my friend found a better deal at Amazon for me, I brought it to a local store for a refund within 14 days. Unfortunately, they are just able to give me a store credit instead of a credit card refund due to the new policy. However, I was told by the manager that I still can send the item back to their warehouse via mail for a full refund but I need to pay the shipping and the cost is $15.68. Has anyone had the same problem before?

What new policy? According to web site, you can return computers to a store within 15 days with a receipt.

"ELECTRONICS - 90 days unless listed below

The following electronics items must be returned within 15 days of receipt:

Computers
Computer hardware
Camcorders
Digital cameras
GPS units
Digital music players
Tablets
E-Readers
Portable video players

Computer software must be returned unopened. Televisions can be returned within 90 days."

Did you have a receipt for the purchase?

Not that I have an affinity for Wal-Mart, in fact I have a problem with them right now (the only problem I have had with them), but you're returning it because you changed your mind because you found it cheaper elsewhere. If there was a problem with it, that would be different, but this is purely your choice.

How many items she buys and returns, or why, is not the issue here.

If it is under 15 days, ask to speak to a manager. The clerk may just be confused.

Good Luck!
SteveG

sgogo said:   How many items she buys and returns, or why, is not the issue here.

If it is under 15 days, ask to speak to a manager.

Actually..yes, it would. If you read the first post...the person said they talked with the manager.

Also seems like both times the receipt mysteriously can not be found or even duplicated via an online WalMart account.

cows123 said:   Not that I have an affinity for Wal-Mart, in fact I have a problem with them right now (the only problem I have had with them), but you're returning it because you changed your mind because you found it cheaper elsewhere. If there was a problem with it, that would be different, but this is purely your choice.

What difference would that make? If you have 15 days to return an item then you have 15 days to return it. No store in their right mind would ever add a "but only if something is wrong with it" clause, people would be breaking things just so they could return them.

It doesn't matter why you are returning, as long as you are returning it within the allowed window. Login to your WalMart.com account and print off your receipt. I think the problem here is that brick-and-mortar WalMart and WalMart.com are two different entities. Finding the receipt is Crucial to getting your money back. Check your email, text messages, anything that might have the order number on it.

no receipt should be a no-no on return, but if they let her return and she receives store credit, then that is by the goodness of their silly hearts.

Don't really know if there is an issue due to purchase was made on their website instead of a B&M store, or why that would even matter. Why not try a different WalMart? That can make a difference. If you are female, be sure to smile big, bat your eyes, show cleavage...this really does help, unless the store manager is also female, but if she's one of those Melissa Etheridge types........

No that there's anything wrong with that!

Edit: You didn't say in your OP if you have your receipt or not. On electronics they usually have you go directly to the electronics department to make the return, at least in my experience. They check through the box to make sure you have included all items like the power charger, manuals, and what condition the computer is in. I returned one a couple years back and went through this procedure. It was pretty clear they didn't want to do the return but they never refused me in actual words and ended up giving me a refund. Like others said, print off your receipt. Should be an easy matter for you to do.

Edit2: Gotta love the coward that gives red with no followup post or reason! You go, JumboRedGrunt! Keep everyone guessing!

Jessicalim said:   Hi,

If you bought it online, you must have a purchase order number in an email. If you delete all of your emails, then you have 3 choices:

1) Keep it
2) Sell it
3) Pay to return it.

well why not just take the store credit, it wont expire and I bet you will spend a couple hundred of dollars at WalMart in your lifetime.

Companies can send you a copy of your invoice if you request one since they usually have them on file if you purchase online, or can reprint a receipt with a credit card at B&M.

respdoc said:   sgogo said:   How many items she buys and returns, or why, is not the issue here.

If it is under 15 days, ask to speak to a manager.

Actually..yes, it would. If you read the first post...the person said they talked with the manager.

Also seems like both times the receipt mysteriously can not be found or even duplicated via an online WalMart account.

It seemed to me she was talking about the customer service manager... but maybe I was wrong.

Updated-

The laptop was returned to Wal-Mart. I told the thing to my friend yesterday. Today, she helped me to return it to the same store and had no problem at all. Actually, she did the same thing just I did. The only difference is she is an American.

Jessicalim said:   Updated-

The laptop was returned to Wal-Mart. I told the thing to my friend yesterday. Today, she helped me to return it to the same store and had no problem at all. Actually, she did the same thing just I did. The only difference is she is an American.

I bought and returned a laptop on day 14 to a WalMart no problem returned to my CC. And I am an American (of Mexican descent).

When you imply you are not American, you should explain what you mean? An you an illegal immigrant/ permanent resident where-as your friend is a citizen of the USA? Maybe next time contact your embassy here and tell them that an American company is refusing to hold up to their own policies.

My bad. I should not bring the racial problems here. Please ignore my previous post. Sorry about that.

MisterBeefhead said:   cows123 said:   Not that I have an affinity for Wal-Mart, in fact I have a problem with them right now (the only problem I have had with them), but you're returning it because you changed your mind because you found it cheaper elsewhere. If there was a problem with it, that would be different, but this is purely your choice.

What difference would that make? If you have 15 days to return an item then you have 15 days to return it. No store in their right mind would ever add a "but only if something is wrong with it" clause, people would be breaking things just so they could return them.

It makes a big difference to me whether an item is being returned as defective for a replacement or for not being as described, and if an item is being returned for another reason. I feel that they should cover return postage if an item is either defective or not as described. If you otherwise choose to return an item, I don't believe they have a requirement to pay for postage. If they choose to do so, I feel it should be limited per customer to not raise prices for everyone. In this case, I don't see anywhere that Wal-Mart states that the item can either be returned to the store or that they will cover return postage. I do see that the manager clearly stated that the item can be returned, postage paid (by the customer), to the warehouse for a full refund. I also feel that people like you who apparently either break or condone breaking multi-hundred dollar items to save return postage (or otherwise render items unsaleable then return them to the store) when returning items they already purchased drive up the cost of everything for everyone else.

The laptop I ordered from WalMart was $710.66($649+tax). However, the same model in Amazon is just $509.99 and no tax. Since WalMart does not provide the pricing match to my order, in this case, returning the computer to store is the best choice for me.

Jessicalim said:   The laptop I ordered from WalMart was $710.66($649+tax). However, the same model in Amazon is just $509.99 and no tax. Since WalMart does not provide the pricing match to my order, in this case, returning the computer to store is the best choice for me.

I guess mailing it back if it cost less than $16, if the store wouldn't take it back, would have made it a bad choice.

Jessicalim said:   Updated-

Oh - now playing the race card... yeah...

Jessicalim said:   The laptop I ordered from WalMart was $710.66($649+tax). However, the same model in Amazon is just $509.99 and no tax. Since WalMart does not provide the pricing match to my order, in this case, returning the computer to store is the best choice for me.

Next time, do your homework and avoid the trouble....

Online Prices:
If the price of an item on WalMart.com changes within 7 days from the date you placed your order, we will provide a price adjustment at your request.

link

rsuaver said:   

Next time, do your homework and avoid the trouble....

Could not have said it better.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014