• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Capital One has recently added a "deals" tab to their website. I've got two cards - one is my main card and gets a lot of use. The other card doesn't get as much use.

The deals aren't too spectacular - but I got one for Rite Aid - a Free Monee (TM) $5 (this deal was only on my main card - the rest of the deals were on both cards). (Free Monee is a program done by certain card issuers that uses marketing data, i.e. what you spend, to match you with offers.) I'll be curious how soon it posts to the card.

So Rite Aid had 2 Old Spice's for $5, I had a $1 P&G coupon, and it included a $1 +Up credit. I threw in some candy to make it up to $5. I should be seeing an 88 cent profit, plus C1 Cash Back, plus Great Bridge.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread isn't to brag about my amazing profit (Though I do love stacking store deals + coupons + credit card deals) but to discuss the Free Monee.

I've never shopped at Rite Aid before, and I suspect that the deal was added to my card because of ice cream buying at CVS. I watched the video on the FreeMonee website - they claim the info they send about your spending is masked. While the privacy enthusiast in me isn't that wild about it - with things like a free $5 and Great Bridge, my desire for free $ trumps my privacy concerns.

Anybody else see certain offers on their various Cap One cards that are related to competitor spending?

Member Summary

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014