• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Im here to save money but i dont follow FW to a tee. Yes i actually do have nice sheets on my bed and they cost some bucks too .. of course they are now quite old so i do have some FW in my dna.
Now that thats outta the way ....

2013 Dodge Dart sxt ... new ... sticker is $21190. I have options for :
Dodges PP plan (like ford x-plan) $19164
buy @ $359 72 monthly payments thru dodge fiance. payments total $25848 unknown interest rate ... said 4.9% but the total paid back seems high for that rate.
Lease @ 15k miles a year for 2 years ... $316 down and $299 a month. 7192 paid over 2 years. Residual buy back or whatever you call it at end of lease $13985
Since i drive about 3 miles or less a week back n fourth to work id have no issues staying under the mileage ... i think. My car insurance goes up 450 a year to remove almost dead minivan with 200k miles no A/C and only one window working.
I like the lease idea as its a turn in at the end and be done with it kinda thing but if the numbers make sense another way ... but i will listen to just about all avenues of ideas or strategies.
Is the lease a decent deal ?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You really need to dig deeper into the numbers to find out how they are determining the monthly payment. Ask for their worksheet on both offers and post them if you want an accurate answer.

Why would you buy a brand new car to drive 3 miles or less a week?

Walk, buy a used bicycle, used scooter, or a used Crown Vic.

This car has to have incentives to dealer that maybe unknown to you, lets go with 1k
Purchased well it is 17k car
Add some interest expense 1K
Some tax? 1.5k
19.5/k
keep it for 6 ...8 years sell it
what do you get ?
run the numbers on some other brand that will not depreciate as rapdily

Drive to work = W2 yes = no lease

added info. yes the payments do include sales tax @ 7%.
new car because ive driven this old one into the ground and want relaiable transportation a/c and to have all the windows go up and down. i have kids and want reliable transportation for me n them.
pondered used car but do have concerns about buying used and then needing a major repair which i couldnt afford. with the 3/36 bumper to bumper that concern goes out the window. plus general concencuous (sp??) here is used cars arent the deals they use to be.
ill have to get the numbers and post them up here tomorrow. slow the process down to get the best deal :0)

and no im not looking to get validation here ... im looking more to get the best deal as im prolly doing new(er) eventually.

owenscott said:   Im here to save money but i dont follow FW to a tee. Yes i actually do have nice sheets on my bed and they cost some bucks too .. of course they are now quite old so i do have some FW in my dna.

buy @ $359 72 monthly payments thru dodge fiance. payments total $25848 unknown interest rate ... said 4.9% but the total paid back seems high for that rate.
Lease @ 15k miles a year for 2 years ... $316 down and $299 a month. 7192 paid over 2 years. Residual buy back or whatever you call it at end of lease $13985
Since i drive about 3 miles or less a week back n fourth to work id have no issues staying under the mileage ... i think. My car insurance goes up 450 a year to remove almost dead minivan with 200k miles no A/C and only one window working.
I like the lease idea as its a turn in at the end and be done with it kinda thing but if the numbers make sense another way ... but i will listen to just about all avenues of ideas or strategies.

At $20505 (19164 cost plus 7% tax) the monthly pay should be $329 at 4.9 interest. You would have to get to 8% for the $359 quote.

On the lease MSRP 21190, cap cost 19164, and residual of 66%; the money factor should be around 0.002 (approx 4.8% interest) and you
get a month depreciation of $215, monthly interest charge of $65 and monthly tax of $19 to get the $299 month payment.

The residual value and money factor seem OK for this lease.

llepky said:   owenscott said:   Im here to save money but i dont follow FW to a tee. Yes i actually do have nice sheets on my bed and they cost some bucks too .. of course they are now quite old so i do have some FW in my dna.

At $20505 (19164 cost plus 7% tax) the monthly pay should be $329 at 4.9 interest. You would have to get to 8% for the $359 quote.

On the lease MSRP 21190, cap cost 19164, and residual of 66%; the money factor should be around 0.002 (approx 4.8% interest) and you
get a month depreciation of $215, monthly interest charge of $65 and monthly tax of $19 to get the $299 month payment.

The residual value and money factor seem OK for this lease.

im getting another offer on the same kind of car from dealer few miles away. if they want to dance with me ... im going to hard to get. will update with those numbers when i get them.

havent met with orignal deLer to get all the nunbers but when i do i will post them.

owenscott said:    if they want to dance with me ... im going to hard to get.

Car shopping...Borat style.

1. don't lease, especially a POS Chrysler product

2. don't cry about it if you do

3. post by numbers

Ended up with a honda accord. 3 yr lease 12,000 miles per year ...
both the dart and accord have three year warranties ... but with the honda i dont expect to use it.
$285 a month with $500 down sales tax rolled into the lease.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014