SERO-P Canceled Due to Roaming Data > 3G Data

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
All,

So, I wanted to start the conversation with this info: I'm a user that uses about 500,000kb a month of Data on SERO-P. Sprint HTC Arrive 3g Windows 7 Phone so that I only had to pay the $40 a month. (+fees and taxes)

Sprint Terminated my service....

Why? They gave me two reasons:
1) Because for 2 times in a 12 month period my roaming data was over 300,000kb (one time by 7,000) and the other by a hundred. According to the "new" Terms and Conditions the Unlimited Plan is only 300,000kb on Roaming (and my work happens to be in roaming area even though they "say" they have coverage, they do not.).
2) And this was the bigger issue... that my Roaming Data, for the last 6 months was larger than my "on network data". At about 150,000kb a month.

Just wanted to let other people know so that they did not, without warning, get a termination notice like I did. Apparently they called a year ago to discuss that I was using over my allotted data on roaming, which I explained the situation, the lady was passive and told me that they were capping the data at 300k a month, and *try* not to exceed that more than a few times a year and I should be fine. I didn't know, nor was it discussed about the > issue.

I appealed this to Sprint's Employee Accounts phone #, and they said since the account has been "set" for termination there's nothing they can do at this point.

Sprint is trying to clear out the SERO-P plans. Spent 4 hours on the phone and after much hemming and hawing, the rep finally told me what the 2 probable issues were and the only solution would to be to setup a brand "new" account with a employee referral on a different plan - not an option.

Has anyone else encountered this nastyness? I trendedusing 106,000kb of Roaming data over the last 12 months and about 250,000kb of non-roaming data (I had one large month that spiked it up high). over the last 6 months I used it more at work.

I was told that "too bad, you seem like a customer we'd want to have, but corporate terminated it, there's nothing we can do at this point."

To Sprint's credit, they're letting me keep my nearly 2 year phone, no ETF, and they're waiving the last month's payment of 45 bucks... but still doesn't seem "right" to me. But I guess I'll be a cell phone free agent in July.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Get a Virgin Mobile or Straight Talk plan and move on....

opps

thinking about t-mo as it's good in my area and it's about the same price. Will have to buy a phone however but Sprint and Verizon are 25 more a month and I don't like st. And Virgin Mobile is Sprint. And I'm done with giving them any of my money.

It sucks, because I'm having the same problem, and it must be some apps that are causing it because I don't watch video or listen to audio when roaming.

If Sprint's terms really are sh*t, then I'm going to have to install some ad blockers, meaning Sprint will be punishing honest websites in order save themselves money. I'd be happy to look at the ads, but now Sprint is forcing my hand.

I had a similar problem long ago and moved to T-Mobile's value plans and never looked back. I can change my phones anytime *I* want to and I also have some of the fasted 4G I have ever used. I used to be stuck with an HTC Touch Pro 2 and Sprint wouldn't allow me to activate anything else unless it was through the insurance plan. When I finally had the opportunity to switch, they then changed the rules on me and forced me to go back to the touch pro2 or a "dumb" phone.

Bye Bye Sprint!

Update: Bought a slighly used iPhone 4 from a friend and activating on T-Mobile on July 1st. It's the best deal since I use around 500MB of data, and like to text message. An individual plan with the other carriers is too expensive.

looks like a good way out! i can use this as I have original SERO w/old phone
1. convert to SERO-P w/Galaxy 4 + 2 yr cntract
2. try to exceed data limits, get terminated
3. have good phone and be a free agent to go w/prepaid = profit !
anyone see any holes in this plan?

invisible said:   anyone see any holes in this plan?

1. they might try to charge you an early termination fee
2. they might block your ESN so you cannot activate with anyone else

which prepaid were you thinking about going with?

wfay said:   
invisible said:   anyone see any holes in this plan?

1. they might try to charge you an early termination fee
2. they might block your ESN so you cannot activate with anyone else

which prepaid were you thinking about going with?

Any, such as Tmobile or StraightTalk, but being Sprint phone this is CDMA, so SOL?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014