Wrong Item Received

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm new here and generally reluctant to post on discussion boards, so please don't flame me too bad ...
I signed up and decided to post only after reading several related threads and not quite finding my situation.

I'm a long time customer of a very large online specialty retailer -- I've made thousand of dollars worth of purchases from them over the years. I recently purchased a widget from them for about $150 and when it arrived I found a different widget worth twice that. I was really looking forward to my widget and I do tend to see myself as somewhat ethical -- so I called them to inform them of their error. What surprised me though is the company's response -- they are treating this like a standard return due to MY dissatisfaction with the product -- refusing to send my item out until they processed the return (unless I want to pay for my widget again), covering shipping (which they always do) but I have to arrange UPS pickup (at my expense) print the labels etc..

I told them I would get back to them about the return, and they just said "Ok" as though they really didn't care one way or another. I'm not expecting a ticker tape parade in my honor, but I guess I thought I'd hear some sort of appreciation or gesture on their part. I've also read the FTC guidelines regarding unordered merchandise. If they don't seem to care, should I? How much effort do I need to go through to correct their mistake?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ybluepanda said:    I'm not expecting a ticker tape parade in my honor, but I guess I thought I'd hear some sort of appreciation or gesture on their part. I've also read the FTC guidelines regarding unordered merchandise.

Lol..so since they didn't kiss your behind...you, in turn, looked up ways to keep the incorrectly sent item. "Respectfully", enjoy that karma.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014