• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I am forced to transfer an Rx today since CVS cannot stock a medication that I must take daily - any offers for June available through another chain? I am sad I missed the Walgreen's ending 5/31/13 - any info appreciated as I must fill Rx today!

Member Summary

Prescription Rx Transfer Incentives
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Any active prescription transfer coupons?

We made use of Harris Teeter's Free Groceries for up to $200 value ($20 electro... (more)

IndianInUSA (Oct. 16, 2013 @ 1:44p) |

Just found out that Kmart coupon is valid till Jan 2014 - https://pharmacy.kmart.com/shc/Mygofer/pdf/KMT_1006_GiftCard_R... (more)

IndianInUSA (Oct. 16, 2013 @ 1:49p) |

Nandri, Indian!

MassageByEd (Oct. 17, 2013 @ 1:57p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

pumpkee said:   I am forced to transfer an Rx today since CVS cannot stock a medication that I must take daily - any offers for June available through another chain? I am sad I missed the Walgreen's ending 5/31/13 - any info appreciated as I must fill Rx today!

Rite Aid has a $25 transfer Coupon in their add. The expiration is near though. Also Kroger advertised $25 for transferring (No coupon required) a few weeks ago, You could call and see if they are still offering it.

Kroger says no offer, Rite Aid mean pharmacist said "NO OFFER"....I got the impression I was asking their Pharmacists for their first born with their short angry responses...Ugh...Where is Rite Aid's ad stating they are offering this?

Why can't a pharmacy chain as big as CVS stock any medication, let alone one you are taking regularly?

Be glad you're not in NJ, here it's illegal to offer prescription incentive unless you are 65 or older. Dipshit politicians.

robstrash said:   Be glad you're not in NJ, here it's illegal to offer prescription incentive unless you are 65 or older. Dipshit politicians.

Same here in Arkansas, we can't even get points from Walgreens for refills,

of course somehow for MY protection......

If I may put in my two cents, you'll run into issues with stocking certain medications lately due to manufacturing issues. For example, it is impossible to find generic escitalopram 10 or 20 mg (Brand Name: Lexapro) or Levoxyl (Other names: Synthroid or Levothyroxine) of any strength. This is a problem plaguing most major chains and I'd be extremely surprised if any of them were available elsewhere for a long duration of time.

Additionally, most pharmacists (note: the person behind the counter, not the bigwigs counting the cash) these days will frown upon polypharmacy regardless of not because of losing business but because oftentimes, your medications are tied to a systemwide record that can only be accessed by that one chain/store. If you go somewhere else, they cannot see your other medications which may clash with the one currently being filled and lead to a adverse drug interaction.

NJ law is interesting..... It seems to be opposite usually - you can't use the coupons/offers if you're on Medicare (mostly for 65 y/o or older or disabled...). The places around here (Md) also act like I want their first born when I inquire about using the transfer coupons. They "know" me and I guess they feel I'm "abusing" the offers but I follow all the rules, pay their high prices for the rx (no insurance), etc. I get the drug interaction issues but usually it's rxs we've been on for awhile and we talk to the drs and pharmacists about poss interactions anyway. Here's a hint - some places will take competitor store's transfer coupons too - albeit reluctantly

I don't know if you have a loval Vons or safeway but i saw like a $50 gc or something similar in the JustForU. Try there and good luck.

"$50 off your next grocery purchase of $75 when you transfer a prescription*" when you use the justforu.

pumpkee said:   Kroger says no offer

I clipped a coupon from my Kroger circular this past week for a $25 GC when you transfer. Expires 7/13. Kroger offers/sales tend to be very regional, but you might check online to see if there's one in your circular.

betablocker said:    For example, it is impossible to find generic escitalopram 10 or 20 mg (Brand Name: Lexapro)

Yep, Escitalopram's unavailability has been really stressful .... just adding to my severe depression and generalized anxiety disorder .....

LORENW said:   robstrash said:   Be glad you're not in NJ, here it's illegal to offer prescription incentive unless you are 65 or older. Dipshit politicians.
Same here in Arkansas, we can't even get points from Walgreens for refills,

of course somehow for MY protection......
Same in NY - and it even effects the freebies that CVS offers thru MinuteClinic.

I thought it was to protect the local neighborhood pharmacy from the big bad chains. You see how well that's worked. I really need to find a politician interested in looking into this and doing something about it since clearly it is an antiquated law. I have complained to AARP hoping that I could interest them, since it is costing seniors (and everyone else) money. Never heard back.

Connman said:   Why can't a pharmacy chain as big as CVS stock any medication, let alone one you are taking regularly?

In addition to MFG supply issues, there may be reimbursement issues with a particular drug with your 3rd party insurance copay card. If the pharmacy is "losing" money on a drug and can't get it resolved with the 3rd party administrator then you will be told that they can't get that particular medication. This happens all the time when a sudden huge MFG price increase is not recognized by the 3rd party yet, or will not be recognized due to various factors.

An old standby I use is Weis offers $0.10 off / gallon of gas at Sheetz use to be $1.00 off. If they don't have a station closeby they may give a gift card

any incentives for transfering prescriptions at any pharmacies right now june28 2013.

betablocker said:   If I may put in my two cents, you'll run into issues with stocking certain medications lately due to manufacturing issues. For example, it is impossible to find generic escitalopram 10 or 20 mg (Brand Name: Lexapro) or Levoxyl (Other names: Synthroid or Levothyroxine) of any strength. This is a problem plaguing most major chains and I'd be extremely surprised if any of them were available elsewhere for a long duration of time.

Additionally, most pharmacists (note: the person behind the counter, not the bigwigs counting the cash) these days will frown upon polypharmacy regardless of not because of losing business but because oftentimes, your medications are tied to a systemwide record that can only be accessed by that one chain/store. If you go somewhere else, they cannot see your other medications which may clash with the one currently being filled and lead to a adverse drug interaction.

betablocker said:   If I may put in my two cents, you'll run into issues with stocking certain medications lately due to manufacturing issues. For example, it is impossible to find generic escitalopram 10 or 20 mg (Brand Name: Lexapro) or Levoxyl (Other names: Synthroid or Levothyroxine) of any strength. This is a problem plaguing most major chains and I'd be extremely surprised if any of them were available elsewhere for a long duration of time.

christmasplay said:   any incentives for transfering prescriptions at any pharmacies right now june28 2013.

Rite Aid will have a $25 Up Rewards coupon with RX Transfer in the circular for 6/30.

There exists a website that tracks prescription transfer incentives, but its name can not be mentioned on this website.

Rite aid in lower burrell is my pharmacy and I wouldn't switch for any incentives they always remember my name and ask how I'm doing and are pleasant with me do the rite aid name should not be smeared because of one bad one

crhptic said:   Kmart, valid thru 8/31/13:

https://pharmacy.kmart.com/shc/Mygofer/pdf/KMT_SYWR_GiftCard_FSI_75178.pdf

You're welcome.

New transfer coupons have been added at the same link for $100 total expiring 1/31/14

does any store match the Kmart pharmacy coupon?

Ralph's does.

So Ralph's will give me up to $100 in gift cards for transferring 4 presriptions?

I don't know their limits, but they do have a policy to accept competitor's Rx coupons.

Any active prescription transfer coupons?

We made use of Harris Teeter's Free Groceries for up to $200 value ($20 electronic coupon per punch), which was valid till Oct 8, 2013.

Just found out that Kmart coupon is valid till Jan 2014 - https://pharmacy.kmart.com/shc/Mygofer/pdf/KMT_1006_GiftCard_RX_...

IndianInUSA said:   Just found out that Kmart coupon is valid till Jan 2014 - https://pharmacy.kmart.com/shc/Mygofer/pdf/KMT_1006_GiftCard_RX_FS_6688x9%20125.pdf
  Nandri, Indian!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014