• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I got a $19.98 check in the mail from Staples this week for a rebate, which I found odd since I would always send those to Paypal, when available (and this was under $10, so it was). When I checked online it said check, but it showed up much later than purchase date as compared to another rebate check I got the same day (both dated 6/3 but the other rebate was from early May), leading me to believe that they had another rebate malfunction and paid it via check instead of Paypal. Anyone else with this problem? Here are the offer details:

$9.99 Rebate on a Staples 4 x 6 Photo Plus Gloss Paper (SKU 648177) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Offer: 13-55665
Valid purchase dates: 04/07/13 through 04/13/13

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You probably purchased more than one photo paper for that offer on the same receipt. The Staples SER does not validate PayPal eligibility as a rebate payment option past the value of the rebate offer value for a single item. IOW, it will allow you to select PayPal s a payment option when the rebate amount is $10 or less for each item. If the SER allows multiple items like this photo paper usually does then you can initially select PayPal as the payment option even if the total amount you are owed is greater than $10. However once the rebate goes to the fulfillment stage the SER center will cut a check vs using PayPal if the TOTAL paid amount for an offer exceeds $10.

cnIsfg said:   However once the rebate goes to the fulfillment stage the SER center will cut a check vs using PayPal if the TOTAL paid amount for an offer exceeds $10.
If this is true, it is a new policy, and I strongly doubt that you are correct, since I received a payment via Paypal on 5/3 for the colored paper purchased the same day: "Staples just sent you $23.96 USD with PayPal."

Rebate Offer: 13-55664
$5.99 Rebate on all Staples 8.5 x 11 Pastels Colored Paper (SKUs 490935, 490936, 490944, 490947, 490948, 490950, 678824, 678826, 678829, 678831, 679481) at Staples Stores ONLY

Rebate Check has cleared. PayPal for $23.96

Not to mention that I got "The check is in the mail! (Really.)" e-mails for both rebates on 5/4 and the check is dated 6/3. Bottom line, I'm pretty sure there was a hiccup with 13-55665.

billrubin said:   cnIsfg said:   However once the rebate goes to the fulfillment stage the SER center will cut a check vs using PayPal if the TOTAL paid amount for an offer exceeds $10.
If this is true, it is a new policy, and I strongly doubt that you are correct, since I received a payment via Paypal on 5/3 for the colored paper purchased the same day: "Staples just sent you $23.96 USD with PayPal."

Rebate Offer: 13-55664
$5.99 Rebate on all Staples 8.5 x 11 Pastels Colored Paper (SKUs 490935, 490936, 490944, 490947, 490948, 490950, 678824, 678826, 678829, 678831, 679481) at Staples Stores ONLY

Rebate Check has cleared. PayPal for $23.96

Not to mention that I got "The check is in the mail! (Really.)" e-mails for both rebates on 5/4 and the check is dated 6/3. Bottom line, I'm pretty sure there was a hiccup with 13-55665.

There is no general hiccup and you are mistaken again. With the exception I already explained PayPal as a rebate method have ALWAYS been limited to $10 or less. As far as your supposed "error" it is EASY to verify. just look at your rebate checks as they have the rebate offer printed on the bottom.. Surely you keep up with what you submit vs what you receive? The only other reason Staples SER will cut a check if PayPal is selected as a payment method is if your PayPal account rejects the payment or more often your PayPal account is not setup to automatically accept incoming payments and you forgot to claim your payment in your PayPal account. Staples SER will automatically reverse unclaimed payments after 30 days and issue a check . ALL of this is CLEALRY explained in the FAQs on the SER site:

[b]1. How do I receive the rebate reward in my PayPal account?
If the rebate offer allows you to select PayPal as a rebate reward type, you simply need to provide the email address associated with your PayPal account when you submit your rebate. PayPal will notify you via email when monies have been deposited into your PayPal account. At that time, you can transfer the funds to your bank account or shop online with PayPalís third party merchants.
If funds are not claimed for 30 days, the PayPal deposit will be cancelled and a check will be mailed to you.

cnIsfg said:   You probably purchased more than one photo paper for that offer on the same receipt. The Staples SER does not validate PayPal eligibility as a rebate payment option past the value of the rebate offer value for a single item. IOW, it will allow you to select PayPal s a payment option when the rebate amount is $10 or less for each item. If the SER allows multiple items like this photo paper usually does then you can initially select PayPal as the payment option even if the total amount you are owed is greater than $10. However once the rebate goes to the fulfillment stage the SER center will cut a check vs using PayPal if the TOTAL paid amount for an offer exceeds $10.

Probably untrue. From my records, Ive received several rebates via Paypal for amounts ranging from $13.98 to $19.98 until April 15th this year. Maybe a change in policy ? I doubt it.

There have seen similar reports of folks receiving checks instead of paypal on SD. Pretty random from what i have read.

cnIsfg said:   There is no general hiccup and you are mistaken again. With the exception I already explained PayPal as a rebate method have ALWAYS been limited to $10 or less.

The only other reason Staples SER will cut a check if PayPal is selected as a payment method is if your PayPal account rejects the payment or more often your PayPal account is not setup to automatically accept incoming payments and you forgot to claim your payment in your PayPal account. Staples SER will automatically reverse unclaimed payments after 30 days and issue a check . ALL of this is CLEALRY explained in the FAQs on the SER site:
It's always been $10 PER ITEM, not per rebate total. Here's another one: "Staples just sent you $11.98 USD with PayPal."

And how do you explain 2 SER supposedly paid via Paypal on the same day and one shows up and the other does not? Is there some new Paypal feature which requires me to accept payments over $10, also?

You're making a fool of yourself with your continued claims that it's per payment.

cnIsfg, I cannot believe you're posting all the false information. I just received one for $13.98 a couple of days ago, and I've had multiple payments of >$35 each.

cnIsfg said:   However once the rebate goes to the fulfillment stage the SER center will cut a check vs using PayPal if the TOTAL paid amount for an offer exceeds $10.Hmm ...

Staples just sent you $3.99 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $6.99 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $9.99 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $13.98 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $15.96 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $17.98 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $19.98 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $23.96 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $35.96 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $62.93 USD with PayPal.
Staples just sent you $125.86 USD with PayPal.

Etc, etc, etc.

billrubin said:   I got a $19.98 check in the mail from Staples this week for a rebate, which I found odd since I would always send those to Paypal, when available (and this was under $10, so it was). When I checked online it said check, but it showed up much later than purchase date as compared to another rebate check I got the same day (both dated 6/3 but the other rebate was from early May), leading me to believe that they had another rebate malfunction and paid it via check instead of Paypal. Anyone else with this problem? Here are the offer details:

$9.99 Rebate on a Staples 4 x 6 Photo Plus Gloss Paper (SKU 648177) at Staples Stores ONLY

If you think $19.98 is less than $10, you need another math lesson...

emmd2001 said:   If you think $19.98 is less than $10, you need another math lesson...

Yet another person who is posting but has absolutely no idea how Staples Easy Rebate works.

emmd2001 said:   billrubin said:   $9.99 Rebate on a Staples 4 x 6 Photo Plus Gloss Paper (SKU 648177) at Staples Stores ONLY

If you think $19.98 is less than $10, you need another math lesson...
And you have a reading comprehension problem if you miss the fact that $19.98 = 2 x $9.99 and the Paypal availability is based on the rebate amount for the single item, not the total amount.

emmd2001 said:   If you think $19.98 is less than $10, you need another math lesson...Nope, $19.98 is < $10 just like my $125.86 SER paid by PayPal (posted before your post) was < $10 [per item].

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014