• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I went to the Enfield, Ct Costco, and couldn't find their Court Classics sneakers. Only Adidas ones. I asked at the supervisor desk, and they show them "deleted" from the inventory.
I know they're not the most stylish, but they are inexpensive, and hold up well.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1100616/ (Old topic thread)

Has anyone heard if they are gone forever, or perhaps being changed?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Deal; future of Court Classic: TBD.

See this for alternative, YMMV B&M;
and now on-line too: Link.

Wow, these Kirkland sneakers were crappy - terrible for your feet. Be thankful if Costco stops selling them forever!!!

They looked like moon sneakers.. so huge..

Wish Costco and other stores would sell some size 14s and 15s. Companies have been selling the same sizes for 50 years. We're getting bigger over time and no one is taking that into account. If you don't believe me try and sit in the seats behind home plate at Fenway Park. They're the original seats from the 1920s. It's elieved the wave started there as people are taller now, there's no leg room for anyone to walk in front of you, causing you to stand to let the other person by. Enough people standing up at same time and you get the wave.

In any event should be 2 pairs of size 14s and 2 pairs of size 15s in the cases. Guarantee they would sell.

They're 14.99 at my Dunwoody,GA store - bought last week. But it had been a few months since they had them - I was looking. John B

Made in China is a feature now (Dickies)?

horizon6 said:   Deal; future of Court Classic: TBD.

See this for alternative, YMMV B&M;
and now on-line too: Link.

Going directly to homeless

Pauldow said:   I went to the Enfield, Ct Costco, and couldn't find their Court Classics sneakers. Only Adidas ones. I asked at the supervisor desk, and they show them "deleted" from the inventory.
I know they're not the most stylish, but they are inexpensive, and hold up well.

I love Costco, But I dislike big time Kirkland Court Classics Sneakers.
I am in a Costco 3 time a week, And I don't see any one buying them.
I hope they don't come back.

Butcherboy said:   Pauldow said:   I went to the Enfield, Ct Costco, and couldn't find their Court Classics sneakers. Only Adidas ones. I asked at the supervisor desk, and they show them "deleted" from the inventory.

I love Costco, But I dislike big time Kirkland Court Classics Sneakers.
I am in a Costco 3 time a week, And I don't see any one buying them.
I hope they don't come back.

I'm with you there, I just wish they would carry some regular white or black Adidas instead of all of the crazy colored ones I normally see.

From my experience... the Court Classics fall apart within weeks. Though, it probably wasn't a good idea on my part to play sports in $15 sneakers lol

The funny thing is Costco has carried them for years, But I never see anyone wearing them any more....

Hmm..I love 'em, and wear them pretty whenever I'm not nee don't need to dress for work. And they last plenty long for me, years usually with heavy wear (tho not heavy sports in them). Will have to check on availability in Seattle.

Well, they appear to have blown out the last pairs at the Seattle and Shorline Costcos. Will have to settle on new casual around-the-house sneakers.

Suggestions on something similarly durable, comfortable and thrifty appreciated.

KS 100032144
Disclaimer

Disclaimer
And the answer will be ... KS 100032144

Kirkland Signature(TM) Men's Athletic Shoes
Item #100032144
$16.99 w/FS
Coming to costco.com by 07/29/13

See images attached

Well it looks like they have dropped them. Like many I have worn them everyday for over 10 years. They hold up very well. The only problem was finding size 12's. So I used to buy them 2 or 3 pairs at a time. I have flat feet and they give very good support for about 4-6 months. Then I just donate them and roll out another pair. Last week I broke out my last new pair and yesterday I was at Costco and could not find any on the floor. So I asked at customer service and they said they are no longer carrying them. I also checked online to no avail. Perhaps this has something to so with Chinas factory abuses. Wish I had seen this coming and I would have bought 10-20 pairs.

garydreyfous said:   Well it looks like they have dropped them. Like many I have worn them everyday for over 10 years. They hold up very well. The only problem was finding size 12's. So I used to buy them 2 or 3 pairs at a time. I have flat feet and they give very good support for about 4-6 months. Then I just donate them and roll out another pair. Last week I broke out my last new pair and yesterday I was at Costco and could not find any on the floor. So I asked at customer service and they said they are no longer carrying them. I also checked online to no avail. Perhaps this has something to so with Chinas factory abuses. Wish I had seen this coming and I would have bought 10-20 pairs.

Despite what may appear, they've been "substituted" not dropped. Costco often refreshes merchandise and that the case with the KS CCs. Probably the vast majority of the "previous version" were made in China, but at times they were sourced from Vietnam. (Check the label under the tongue of any you still have for country of origin information.)

New version available at costco.com - Link- Kirkland Signature™ Men's Athletic Shoe - White/Blue - should make getting your size easier for you and others. NYC area always had plenty of the larger size of the Court Classics but smaller sizes went within day/days of arrival of the cartons in the Warehouse. With the new ones, smaller quanitiities that in the past have been in some Warehouses (same price as now online) in addition to the online availability.

Price for the new "Athletic Shoes" is $16.99 (include FS) vs. $14.99 for Court Classics (clearanced at $9.97 but only large sizes available then in NYC area ). New version is still not "fashionista" but appears to be equivalent quality with improved footbed/insole. Slightly more trim on uppers - synthetic, leather and uppers is textured and may be less "breathing". The outersole appears a more desirable design for many - a multi-purpose athletic shoe design rather than the court outersole used previously. See comparisons at linked site -- overall appears tilted towards KSAS as a favorable replacement but some still prefer the previous CC for various reasonable reasons.

Just breaking out my last pair of CCs, and will need to try to the new shoe. Please add your 2cents here if you try them. Welcome to the FW community.

At my store the supervisor said all inventory of Court Classics has been pulled and they are repackaging the product with new boxes and color scheme.  Supposedly it is not discontinued.  No word on when they will hit the shelves again.

mtmckaig said:   At my store the supervisor said all inventory of Court Classics has been pulled and they are repackaging the product with new boxes and color scheme.  Supposedly it is not discontinued.  No word on when they will hit the shelves again.
  Here and also in the Warehouse

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014