STAPLES REWARDS for JULY Now Up!

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:

Member Summary

Staples Rewards
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Does the receipt show you used your rewards card?

yesidonoitall (Jul. 21, 2013 @ 11:37p) |

Same for me. chatted with Staples rewards rep and they will put the reward in my account next 48 hr.

jianqiangfang (Jul. 22, 2013 @ 9:56a) |

Yes it did. I asked on chat a couple weeks ago and they said there was a mistake and they were working on it. I asked la... (more)

matrix5k (Jul. 23, 2013 @ 6:34p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That was quick, thanks op. Usually don't get mine till around the 15th. Had the day off I guess its time to dig through the clearance stuff.

Unless you're sharing, OP...how is this a Hot Deal ?

respdoc said:   Unless you're sharing, OP...how is this a Hot Deal ?

it's not, just a public service announcement!

MISTERCHEAP said:   www.staplesrewards.com
I also saw this yesterday.
The customer representative I talked to a couple of months ago told me that the rewards was supposed to given out 3rd Thursday every month.
Do they do this in response to the new Office Depot rewards program?

haoniukun said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   www.staplesrewards.com
I also saw this yesterday.
The customer representative I talked to a couple of months ago told me that the rewards was supposed to given out 3rd Thursday every month.
Do they do this in response to the new Office Depot rewards program?


no, Staples rewards typically have been live on the site around 10th of the month, but they say the 3rd week to "cover" themselves. The rewards agents read answers off a piece of paper, they really don't know what's going on in the real world sometimes.

I guess it's not for everybody, I still haven't seen mine yet. Maybe they give it to the Plus or Premier accounts first.

MISTERCHEAP said:   haoniukun said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   www.staplesrewards.com
I also saw this yesterday.
The customer representative I talked to a couple of months ago told me that the rewards was supposed to given out 3rd Thursday every month.
Do they do this in response to the new Office Depot rewards program?


no, Staples rewards typically have been live on the site around 10th of the month, but they say the 3rd week to "cover" themselves. The rewards agents read answers off a piece of paper, they really don't know what's going on in the real world sometimes.


I had this discussion with a newbie Staples CSR. He was 100% positive about the rewards date...I was smiling all the time....

ngle202 said:   I guess it's not for everybody, I still haven't seen mine yet. Maybe they give it to the Plus or Premier accounts first.
As of about an hour ago, the site does not show my ink recycling, even when I look at 'purchase history'. Thankfully I have my receipt, with rewards number on it, for me to make a phone call. What is odd is that it says I have recycled 20 in June, but again, no rewards showing for it, and no purchase detail.

The site does show my ~$6 in other rewards.

Edit: Ink was recycled 6/28

I did not get my ink Rewards posted yet. I had purchased ink on 6/22 since my 6 months were up, then recycled on 6/27. Strangely, my recycle transaction did not show up (that was the only thing on it) but their site did show that I recycled 20 cartridges for the month with $0 Reward. My regular Rewards are up, but not ink, so I did a chat with CS. They see the 20 cartridges recycled on 6/27 (which is good) and claim I will receive my Rewards by 7/18. We'll see...

I see that dazviking has the same problem.

I was worried about the purchase date, but I confirmed ~$60 ink was purchased in April.

Staples makes mistakes on rewards do.....


My rewards amount for purchases are, $5.24, 19.00, 17.50, 17.50, 2.95, 9.75 and 26.15 = $98.09
the rewards payment for purchases was $61.75
quite short by what they show on my purchase amounts.
(also a $40 reward for ink)

For live chat I got (a must be blonde) Cindy
Cindy replied with
9:16:25 AM : AgentCindy: You have $101.75 in total Rewards to spend. One for $61.75 and one for $40.00.

She says
9:20:45 AM : AgentCindy: The purchases from 6/30/13 will show on the third Thursday of July
Totally not addressing my issue. I only questioned the PURCHASES rewards.
9:25:51 AM : Customer (ME): I am showing rewards for June purchases to be $98.09 not $61.75

Now she says
9:29:35 AM : AgentCindy: I am sorry! I am still researching your request, do you mind continuing to hold?
(9:38 and I am still waiting)

9:38:20 AM : AgentCindy: Thank you for holding. I appreciate your patience
9:39:01 AM : AgentCindy: My apologies. I sent $37.00 in rewards coupons to your account.


9:39:50 AM : AgentCindy: May I help you with anything else today?

(Not all live chat was posted)

Unbelievable these people.
............................................

MY POINT:
they do make mistakes, check all real close.
Last month they did not send ink rewards, they agreed I did turn in 20 and sent a
COURTESY REWARD for $40.00

ink recycling rewards haven't showed up for me too. I did purchase those on 6/28 and recycled on the same day. Its already over 2 hours past 5PM so will have to chat tomorrow with the CSR about it.

Thanks OP for the post. Would have missed otherwise.

mail2genious said:   ink recycling rewards haven't showed up for me too. I did purchase those on 6/28 and recycled on the same day. Its already over 2 hours past 5PM so will have to chat tomorrow with the CSR about it.

Thanks OP for the post. Would have missed otherwise.



Mine for June were recycled on the 30th.
In 3 days it still showed 0 recycled and 20 eligible, however I showed the $40 in rewards due me and got it today......


In my June
Ink Recycling Summary

It is still showing 0 recycled.
That along with the addition error they had for my purchase reward money and corrected means some weird is going on......

deleted by me

OD put out a video for their rewards program, and unlike Staples still nothing on tech items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxqmlLxGz8&feature=youtu.be&cm_m...

make sure you write down your rewards coupon use in store and go home and use again online.

freshpl said:   make sure you write down your rewards coupon use in store and go home and use again online.

Besides the fact that it will come up used, why would you try and scam a system that is already moderately free money?


In other news, my account didn't get credited for my recycling, which I wasn't surprised, because my purchases were a bit odd. I made a ink purchase and ink recycling transaction, but because I still have the stupid 10% discount, my total was slightly under 30 bucks. So I went back in later in the day and returned one of the carts and bought a slightly more expensive one, for a total of > 30 dollars ink purchase in the day. The guy on the rewards line when I called to ask said it would be ok, but it wasn't. Got a courtesy coupon generated for me though.

My parents account on the other hand, was just a single transaction of buying ~32 bucks of ink, and recycling. It doesn't have a reward coupon right now, nor does it show that it will. In the ink recycling details, it shows that 20 carts were recycled for June, but 0 were rewarded. Guy on the chat just pushes back and says that there are display issues, it shows fine to him, wait till the third Tuesday.

Staples needs to hire someone who can manage a website, jeez.

pthor1231 said:   
My parents account on the other hand, was just a single transaction of buying ~32 bucks of ink, and recycling. It doesn't have a reward coupon right now, nor does it show that it will. In the ink recycling details, it shows that 20 carts were recycled for June, but 0 were rewarded. Guy on the chat just pushes back and says that there are display issues, it shows fine to him, wait till the third Tuesday.
They told me I have to wait until the 18th before they'll do anything. It sucks, because the free 4x6 paper this week is a great way to get rid of most of $40 in Rewards.

freshpl said:   make sure you write down your rewards coupon use in store and go home and use again online.This hasn't worked for a couple of years, at least. And why would you have to write it down when you can cut and paste it directly from their website???

billrubin said:   pthor1231 said:   
My parents account on the other hand, was just a single transaction of buying ~32 bucks of ink, and recycling. It doesn't have a reward coupon right now, nor does it show that it will. In the ink recycling details, it shows that 20 carts were recycled for June, but 0 were rewarded. Guy on the chat just pushes back and says that there are display issues, it shows fine to him, wait till the third Tuesday.
They told me I have to wait until the 18th before they'll do anything. It sucks, because the free 4x6 paper this week is a great way to get rid of most of $40 in Rewards.


Yup, tell me about it.

billrubin said:   pthor1231 said:   
My parents account on the other hand, was just a single transaction of buying ~32 bucks of ink, and recycling. It doesn't have a reward coupon right now, nor does it show that it will. In the ink recycling details, it shows that 20 carts were recycled for June, but 0 were rewarded. Guy on the chat just pushes back and says that there are display issues, it shows fine to him, wait till the third Tuesday.
They told me I have to wait until the 18th before they'll do anything. It sucks, because the free 4x6 paper this week is a great way to get rid of most of $40 in Rewards.
Some reports of some people actually getting a courtesy coupon right away. Supposedly their IT department has been informed of the glitch but they have no clue why it happened. Nothing new there.

So, right on time on the 18th (when they said to wait until), I got email from Staples today titled "An important update about your July rewards statement."

Here's the text:

An important update about your recent rewards. Due to a technical error,
you may not have been issued your full July ink recycling rewards.
We've resolved the issue and any remaining rewards are included
below. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If
you have questions or concerns, please contact us at anytime.


The coupon was in the email. Not thrilled that it's not on the Rewards site for easy tracking, but at least I got it.

billrubin said:   So, right on time on the 18th (when they said to wait until), I got email from Staples today titled "An important update about your July rewards statement."

Here's the text:

An important update about your recent rewards. Due to a technical error,
you may not have been issued your full July ink recycling rewards.
We've resolved the issue and any remaining rewards are included
below. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If
you have questions or concerns, please contact us at anytime.


The coupon was in the email. Not thrilled that it's not on the Rewards site for easy tracking, but at least I got it.


Interesting (and thanks for the update/reminder). I have not received an email, but just checked my account. My ink rewards are showing.

My July rewards for purchases was off by nearly $37.00,
apparently Staples uses an abacus to add all up and made a mistake.
Even the live chat lady was quite dense in understanding the issue.
They quickly gave my a $20 and $17 courtesy reward.

Can we use Staples Rewards to meet the ink requirement? Or do we have to pay for it?

  • "Member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days"

Has to be non-reward money.

pthor1231 said:   Has to be non-reward money.It's not just non-reward money, it's the $30 after any coupons, including Rewards.

dazviking said:   
Interesting (and thanks for the update/reminder). I have not received an email, but just checked my account. My ink rewards are showing.
Yeah, mine were in my account as well.

Still no rewards for me Bought $30+ of HP ink out of pocket 2 months ago.

matrix5k said:   Still no rewards for me Bought $30+ of HP ink out of pocket 2 months ago.



Does the receipt show you used your rewards card?

matrix5k said:   Still no rewards for me Bought $30+ of HP ink out of pocket 2 months ago.

Same for me. chatted with Staples rewards rep and they will put the reward in my account next 48 hr.

Yes it did. I asked on chat a couple weeks ago and they said there was a mistake and they were working on it. I asked last week and they said to wait until the third Thursday. I will ask again tomorrow.

Update 7/24: I called and they said they will send a request to have it issued in 72 hours. BTW it looks like they removed the online chat option, can only call/email now

yesidonoitall said:   matrix5k said:   Still no rewards for me Bought $30+ of HP ink out of pocket 2 months ago.



Does the receipt show you used your rewards card?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014