• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Just wanted to remind everyone that the Tax Free Holiday is upon us (August)

Good article with links to each applicable state's Conditions.

16 States That Have Sales Tax Holidays in August

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

There is an article in the globe that MA will have one on the August 10t/11h weekend. story

Oregon has a "sales tax holiday" every weekend.

ahallfatwallett said:   Oregon has a "sales tax holiday" every weekend.

No they don't. They just include it in your county property and state use taxes. OR property and excise taxes are INSUANE! I would rather pay sales tax any day vs the insane tax structure that exists in OR.

But of course not Kansas

So every time I order out of state I should open up a beer? =)

Depends on yours? Your thought.

cnIsfg said:   ahallfatwallett said:   Oregon has a "sales tax holiday" every weekend.

No they don't. They just include it in your county property and state use taxes. OR property and excise taxes are INSUANE! I would rather pay sales tax any day vs the insane tax structure that exists in OR.

It's great for tourists though

DenverDiver said:   cnIsfg said:   ahallfatwallett said:   Oregon has a "sales tax holiday" every weekend.

It's great for tourists though

or people who live in WA

okay. Anyone ever noticed that prices are higher during the tax holiday?
hint: wait until the week after the tax holiday and save more money.

No free tax in CA either. Better to just buy online to save on the tax.

DenverDiver said:   It's great for tourists though

That's the only reason why North Carolina does it. South Carolina started theirs and the local TV news crews showed all the North Carolina license plates lined up in their mall parking lots.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014