• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I had the choice of what device to cast too in youtube app...picked my googletv device (Logitech revue)
, instead of my chromecast device and it Rocks twice as fast as my chromecast device...
what the hell? now I can actually feel better about my revue purchase!!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Have you tried it with anything else (e.g., hulu) to see if that will play on the revue?

Not yet...but youtube is totally automatic on the revue....no setup required.
Install cast on a supported mobile device select googletv device in youtube cast choices then play.
will most likely work on Netflix app in chromecast too....be sure to update the apps in your play store first.

Tried it last night and it worked for me on you tube as well. My only problem is that I have three revues hooked up to different TVs and there is no way to tell which one is which on the chromecast app. Don't see any advantage of using the app instead of the keyboard for the revue for you tube or Netflix, but it would be nice if you could use the app to view some of the tv web sites on the revue.

That's what I did..ran around the house to see what TV it was on . This needs some more time to figure out, Google is not saying much on the forums.
I do like the ability to pick on a touch screen device over the keyboard, and the voice integration (its kinda like the real expensive Logitech remotes for free)..
Wonder if this works with the cheap googletv devices from various vendors popping up @ $30?

so just to be clear the chromecast will work with the Logitech review, even though the update states that you must be on version 4.2.2 on google tv? I didn't think the Logitech revue was able to update to 4.2.2. Mine is still on an old update as far as I remember. How do I update my revue to 4.2.2?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014