• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Admins: if this does not belong in hot deals, please move to the relevant thread, thanks!

Just had one of my TigerDirect rebate submissions denied because of an apparently missing UPC.
I blanked out my personal info on the following rebates in black, but you can BLATANTLY see that they just either whited out the rebate or digitally removed the UPC.
The form I sent in and the form they "claimed" they got are here:
http://imgur.com/D23BS2W,DAxudyw#0
(to switch, click image one and image two)

WATCH OUT FOR THESE CROOKS. Any advice as to what I should do or what action to take? To whom should I report this?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The culprit here seems to be Intel who owns McAfee trying to hold down rebate redemptions.   I had similar problems on In... (more)

nsdp (Dec. 08, 2014 @ 11:15a) |

That's it.

bb182 (Dec. 08, 2014 @ 6:12p) |

Great, thanks! I was sure it was harder a year ago, but maybe I just didn't look in the right place (this thread makes i... (more)

ottawa (Dec. 08, 2014 @ 6:18p) |

As of Jan 2014 these rebates seem to be processing quickly, assuming you follow all the directions. Scan everything and you should have no worries, at least with TigerDirect. If you do more than 3 or 4 of these to the same name/address they may flag you as a reseller; you can probably use their rebate assurance process to get it approved anyways
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Tiger Direct has been known to be very hard to deal with - I've never shopped with them just based on that reputation.

rated:
customerservice@help.4myrebate.com

When I had a "missing item" from my rebate, I had 30 days from the review date to send it in for review. In this case, I suppose you can't send in the UPC again but your original submission picture along with some stern words would probably suffice. There's a customer support phone number too somewhere (I think off the rebate tracking site)

rated:
The second picture still shows part of the UPC. What did they say when you told them this?

rated:
No need for extreme dramatics at this point. Call them and politely tell them they mistakenly denied your rebate, and refer them to the documentation you sent. Offer to send them a copy of the submitted materials that clearly shows you included the UPC as required. Should get solved pretty easily. If not, contact the BBB and/or your state Attorney General office. But call them first. Rebate houses are notoriously flaky, but mistakes do happen. Give them a chance to fix it.

rated:
TigerDirect has a "rebate assurance policy". Take a look and see if you qualify. They have been good about making good on rebates.

rated:
link does not work ^^ EDIT: the HERE part does not work

rated:
well one of my tiger direct rebates was denied because of UPC issues, apparently due to it being a refurb, there was another upc sticker on top of the original. All I did was call them, and CSR pulled up my rebate form and herself said that its because of the sticker on top, and she approved my rebate. I didnt even have to say anything. Try calling them, if they don't fix, then you have a point.

rated:
OP: Why are there two UPC labels on your submission? All you needed was the TDI UPC -- what's the extra one above that?

rated:
Yep, just call them and everything will be fine.

Mine rebate was denied because of No Activation something (you know, you need to activate TD) plus, they did not send me a notice about that denied. I found it out during regular rebate check-up about 60 days after that. First rep told we can't do anything as it's been more then 30 days. I send email about that to customer support and they approved it without any other question (of course I sent them copy of activation email).

rated:
Numerous TigerDirect rebates and never had a problem. I always make a copy of EVERY rebate before mailing - just in case.

rated:
tiger sucks, always has

rated:
My rebate had been submitted and rejected even though all requirements had been met. I had to contact TigerDirect to get the rebate processed. 4myrebates did not respond prior to contacting TigerDirect. Also, the required proofs had been clearly shown on the 4myrebates website, then the required proofs mysteriously disappeared. I had to resubmit a scan of the required proofs.

I do not trust 4myrebates after this experience.

rated:
TigerDirect is not the bad guy in this case. Total Defense and 4MyRebate are the evil. Here is my case (purchased from Newegg)

http://imgur.com/ViMR50m

I don't believe this is an individual case. Time for class action?

rated:
I actually think 4MyRebate is owned by Tiger Direct. I am also convinced this is not isolated. Perhaps we could start a class action.
I called them, and they made up some BS about how the barcode on top was the wrong one (it was for the mouse in the bundle), and how there was no UPC for the total defense, and how I am a scam artist and I am unbelievable, and to fax my copy to them and I will get a response in 48 hours. The fax, for those wondering, is 1-954-573-6751 and the phone is 1-800-286-9146.
The top UPC is for the mouse in the bundle, the bottom for the total defense.

rated:
I did the rebates on a combo of the Antivirus and a tablet. By the numbers and checked off each step. Antivirus required activation. Got both rebates, $70 and $20 with no problem. I keep copies of my submissions and seldom have a problem. When I have I contact them (whoever) and have always worked it oout.

rated:
same here i've gotten all the rebates off TigerDirect very easily and had no problems with them at all.

if you call them they should be able to handle it, i've herad the same things echo'd as well.

rated:
Difference between newbies and seasoned shoppers. If money is important to you pay attention to details!

xpaphil said:   I did the rebates on a combo of the Antivirus and a tablet. By the numbers and checked off each step. Antivirus required activation. Got both rebates, $70 and $20 with no problem. I keep copies of my submissions and seldom have a problem. When I have I contact them (whoever) and have always worked it oout.

rated:
andrewrp said:   I actually think 4MyRebate is owned by Tiger Direct. I am also convinced this is not isolated. Perhaps we could start a class action.
I called them, and they made up some BS about how the barcode on top was the wrong one (it was for the mouse in the bundle), and how there was no UPC for the total defense, and how I am a scam artist and I am unbelievable, and to fax my copy to them and I will get a response in 48 hours. The fax, for those wondering, is 1-954-573-6751 and the phone is 1-800-286-9146.
The top UPC is for the mouse in the bundle, the bottom for the total defense.
Well, you didn't help matters. The barcode on top was the wrong one. Nowhere did the rebate ask for the UPC for the mouse, so there was no reason to include it. You just muddied up the waters by doing that. That said, they should have been able to figure it out.

I did three of them in a row -- $70, $60, $60 -- have received payment on all. Waiting for the next great combo deal.

ETA: It does ask for POP of bundle package. I just submitted the invoice for that. For my submissions I had 3 separate pages:
- Rebate form with TDI UPC
- Copy of the activation code from the software manual
- Copy of invoice from TD

That's it and no problems for me.

A call to 4myrebate.com or a submission with TD's rebate assurance should solve the problem. Do enough rebates and you will have problems with all of the processing houses. I remember having to follow up with many, like TCARebates, ONRebate, myrebates411, the glory days of Dell rebates, various incarnations of Parego, and more I am sure. Follow instructions, keep copies of everything, follow up when needed, and you will be paid.

rated:
slappycakes said:   Tiger Direct has been known to be very hard to deal with - I've never shopped with them just based on that reputation.

I stopped shopping at TD (toal dick)about 4 years ago after mistreatment by TD. TD has some great sales and some FW folks certainly will have excuses for this cyber retailer no matter what the circumstances are. But I'm sadden TD will continue the unprofessional practices as long as it's profitable.

rated:
QUESTION ABOUT VALIDATING TD REBATE REWARDS AND REBATE SUBMISSIONS

GOT A FEW TD REBATES FROM 4MYREBATES.COM BUT CAN'T MATCH SIMILIAR REBATE AMOUNTS WITH SIMILIAR REBATE SUBMISSIONS. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MATCH THE TWO?

SORRY TO YELL CAP LOCK STUCK ON

rated:
This happens with MANY rebate companies! You have proof and copies of everything, ask them if you can resubmit.

rated:
I am also having the same problem with them. I sent them all the required documents and I checked twice before mailing them still they denied my rebate due to UPC code missing.

I called them and the told me that can't do anything since I am out of 30 days resubmission window. I do have all photo copies for the docs that I sent them.

I did talk to their customer support manager and she is rude at me. she told me straight away that she can't do anything.

I never ever buy any products from TIGER DIRECT.

rated:
As mentioned earlier, use TD's Rebate Assurance Policy. The one time I needed that it worked out fine.

rated:
Well, so against my better judgement I submitted another total defense rebate. This time it was for an obihai. Same thing again, a digitally altered page with the UPC photoshopped out.
How does one go about starting a class action?

rated:
andrewrp said:   Well, so against my better judgement I submitted another total defense rebate. This time it was for an obihai. Same thing again, a digitally altered page with the UPC photoshopped out.

If you believe they deliberately altered your submission, you should consider filing a complaint with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service: Web Page.

rated:
andrewrp said:   Well, so against my better judgement I submitted another total defense rebate. This time it was for an obihai. Same thing again, a digitally altered page with the UPC photoshopped out.

Same thing again?  Did you submit 2 UPC codes again?

rated:
Nope. Only one. See http://imgur.com/a/yCAOu .
The first is my original.
The second is the one that was claimed received and denied.

rated:
Nope, you included 2. The UPC and another barcode just below it. It looks like their system detects multiple barcodes and automatically blocks out one before it goes through verification. You need to learn to follow the directions more carefully if you want to have a better success rate with these rebates.

KuoH

andrewrp said:   Nope. Only one.

rated:
It is one barcode, one label. This is the UPC code.

rated:
Nope, it's two barcodes, one label.  They ask for the UPC -- that's all you need, not an entire label with another barcode.  Again you had two barcodes and they blocked out one. Why they keep blocking out the right one, who knows. They ought to be able to figure it out, unless it's like Kuoh says and it's automatic.

So a phone call would be in order. What was the result of your first denial when you called them about it?

rated:
It may not be an automated system, I was just guessing, but the issue is the same. The person or system making the decision of which extra barcode to discard is likely processing hundreds of different rebate promotions and thousands of submissions, and probably doesn't know what the correct barcode should be at this stage. Whether they use top, bottom, coin flip or eeny meeny miny mo to decide, we don't know. I suspect with the accuracy of today's OCR and high speed data processing systems, many rebates are processed by automated systems with little to no human intervention. The point as you and others have tried to make, is to follow the directions "exactly", so there's less chance of these ambugities causing a problem during the validation stage.

KuoH

comprx said:   Again you had two barcodes and they blocked out one. Why they keep blocking out the right one, who knows. They ought to be able to figure it out, unless it's like Kuoh says and it's automatic.

rated:
It might be some automated system.
My guess is that, apart from that, since these rebates are offered with high value items and make them insanely low prices (eg. $20 android tablet, just today), they might be doing this to cut down on their losses.
As for my previous rebate, I did resubmit and they approved it. Have yet to get the card, though.

rated:
I did Total Defense & Win 8 Pro combo rebate earlier this month.  The requirements state include proof of purchase at the back of the user guide of the combo product.  There is no such thing that I have been able to find for Windows 8 Pro.  Anyone has any idea what they mean?  TIA

rated:
Same thing happened to me -- the UPC code was digitally photoshopped out of the received form!!

I use the thick 2" wide clear shipping tape to affix the UPC on the form, there's no way it fell off -- and besides, underneath where the UPC goes, there's a "sample UPC" that's also been digitally removed.  How blatant can they get?

rated:
taser1: Can you post a pic/pdf of the rebate form and maybe we can help.

bigworld: Can you post a pic of what they show in their system for you? Would be good to see as many of these as we can.

rated:
I've been having good experience with Total Defense rebates up until now. I mailed out the submission on Sep 9 (promo date 08/01 - 08/31, postmark within 30 days of purchase) and I kept checking for status. Every time I checked, it only showed "Claim Completed, Awaiting Receipt of Documentation." So I patiently waited for 6 weeks, knowing that they probably have a lot of rebates to enter into the system. Finally, when I checked this week, I found out they declined my $60 rebate on Oct 18. I called in and they told me it was never received. 30 days after the promo end date (08/30), for Total Defense rebates, there's only a 14 day grace period for resubmission but that has passed now. I asked her how was I supposed to know and where that rule is written? She said that rule is not written anywhere and that I can resubmit to the same address but it's not guaranteed.

rated:
Resubmit to the same address with a note. I had a set of three rebates (not TDI, but same processor) mailed at about the same time that did not show up. They told me to resubmit. I did and now documentation is showing up for all of them as status is showing as in process.

rated:
I had this happen with 3 of my rebates as well.  I mailed 4 of them on September 17th.  Magically only one of them was received.  So they asked me to resubmit the other 3.  This time all 3 were received within a week and they approved the 10$ and 14.99$ rebates, but declined the 60$ rebate saying that it wasn't postmarked within the 30 day mailing period.

Skipping 128 Messages...
rated:
Great, thanks! I was sure it was harder a year ago, but maybe I just didn't look in the right place (this thread makes it seem like they were playing games with it).

That said, at least two other services (Netflix and TiVo) made it easier at some point in the last couple of years to get out without losing money.

Thanks again! I'm even happier with my $25 Roku now.

=aw

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014