• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I decided to buy something "bigger" this past weekend using a chunk of my Staples rewards. I decided on doing an online order for a Keurig Office Pro Premier K155 coffee machine. It arrived today... sort of. The model indicated on the box is a B155. So I'm wondering if I should be returning this machine to Staples and telling them that I want the model I ordered and not a substitute, or whether I should just shrug and say "oh well".

I've been trying to figure out what the difference between these two models are. Staples uses the same SKU for both, which is pretty annoying. I'm having difficulty finding any comparisons of the two models anywhere online. They are not identical. Apparently the footprint of the B155 is slightly smaller than the K155. Also, when looking in Staples B&Ms I noticed that the units carried in-store generally were B155s, had 6 inches of dust on them, and had a sticker that said "packed by {some date in } 2011" So I assume they are an older version of the K155. Does the age matter? Well yes considering there is a coffee sample pack included. It would be kind of nice if a $250 coffee maker came with something slightly fresher than two year old+ stale coffee.

I figure that there must have been a reason they changed the model number. I can't believe the two products are totally identical, or why mess with the model number designation?

Does anybody know what the story is behind the existance of these two seemingly identical models? Is one better than the other? If the K155 is newer, were some of the "kinks" in the B155 model fixed? Is that a reason to favor the K155 over the B155?

Everyone I've talked to at Staples was clueless about there even being 2 models. 

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

gooddealie said:   Does anybody know what the story is behind the existance of these two seemingly identical models? Is one better than the other? If the K155 is newer, were some of the "kinks" in the B155 model fixed? Is that a reason to favor the K155 over the B155?

Everyone I've talked to at Staples was clueless about there even being 2 models. 

Call Keurig.

Call us 7 days a week, 7 a.m. - 12 a.m. EST
Toll-free: 866-901-BREW (866-901-2739)

Well I called. The gentleman said that the two models are identical. They "recently" decided to change all of their model designations so they would all start with "K". But that the specs are the same.

I wonder where the Staples rep I spoke to in-store got his info that the footprint and a few other things differed...? Oh well. I guess I will keep it, then.

Thanks for the phone number and hours for Keurig.

The newer version which is the K155 is NSF certified and therefore has some minor design changes. The functionality is the same, with changes happening more internally to make the brewer NSF certified (i.e. rounding corners to make cleaning easier).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014