Anybody get in on United's $10 fares this week?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
It appears UAL will be honoring their price mistake when they accidentally set select fares to $0 for a few hours on Thursday. Lucky for them!

http://news.msn.com/us/united-airlines-will-honor-accidental-dol...

Member Summary

Hell ya! Why werent we told about this? I had to learn from the dam news. The NEWS! Do you know how long its been since the news has informed me of anything useful? 

/grumble grumble

fw effect would have led to 100s of cancellations.

I read a news article that said a guy in an office on the east coast discovered it and let his entire office know. It was like Christmas. Before being shut down, the office booked hundreds of trips. One person bought 15 trips to Hawaii. Lol. And now they will honor them. Was truly christmas for that office.

wonder if that guy is going to get all those vacation days to go on his 15 trips as they are not transferrable.

While I have no doubt that many got in on this deal, I think the actual number of tickets "given" away is starting to get wildly exaggerated and will grow exponentially like many urban legends.

We didn't hear of this deal. FW not doing it's job?

What I've read from a link on another post is that this EXTREME DEAL was only live for between 15-30 MINUTES before United corrected it.

No chance to reach FW members THAT fast, it would have to been live at least 8-12 HOURS for FW'ers to be alerted in numbers and then United would've cancelled the mistake reservations, as have been the case with most other airlines in similar cases.

So, no, there's no way that FW members wouldn't do their job. Wonder if any Flyer Talk (a specialized travel forum system) would've fast enough to reach at least a few of its' members (would've been worse if it spreaded over there, since they have far more travel-dedicated members than FW would ever have...).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014