• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Johnston Murphy Melton Black Brushed Veal - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
Disclaimer
This may seem like a silly question to anyone that uses Amazon quite often, especially since I have bought a ton of stuff from there. 

I have never returned anything to Amazon though. 

I have to buy my shoes online as I wear a 13 wide, which is hard to find in local stores and impossible to find if you want dress shoes. 

The pair I want usually cost me around $175.00. I was looking for a different J&M shoe, Googled it and found it on Amazon.The other shoe was not available in my size, but I decided to check on the shoe I normally get from Zappos and they have it for $125.

I want to save the $50, but before I buy it, has anyone bought name brand shoes from Amazon?  Are they the real brand and not a knock off or have something wrong with them?

I highly doubt Amazon would sell fakes or defects (unless specified), but you never know. 

These are the ones I get. I like the way they fit and they look great. Most other wide shoes will not fit my foot, so I do not have much of a choice. One of the shoes has a hole in the sole, so I need to replace them soon. 

I will try to find them on sale at Macys or onlineshoes.com, but do not always get lucky. 

http://www.zappos.com/johnston-murphy-melton-black-brushed-veal?zfcTest=fcl%3A0  

Sorry for such a silly question, but before I spend the money at Amazon, I wanted to make sure I was getting the real deal. 

These are the shoes at Amazon. Some sizes are on sale for $166, but these are $125:
http://www.amazon.com/Johnston-Murphy-Melton-Oxford-Black/dp/B000UUIM1Y/  

Thanks

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

chocula said:    Are they the real brand and not a knock off or have something wrong with them?

Common sense should tell you a multi-billion dollar company wouldn't stay a multi-billion dollar company for long...openly selling fakes.  168+ reviews on these shoes (for you to read) in addition, should confirm that. 

That was my line of thinking, but never bought shoes there before and knew some people here have bought shoes there before

Unless it is a third-party seller, you should get the real deal.

If it is a third-party selling via Amazon and you get fakes, you can complain and get your money back. So you should be OK either way.

>> I have never returned anything to Amazon though.

Amazon makes it really, really painless. However, if there's nothing wrong with the product (changed my mind), you'll have to pay for the return shipping. If there's a flaw in the item, they pay for the shipping.

Thanks. I am going to buy them.

Amazon has free return shipping on most shoes if they "don't fit."

they are probably a less common size, and they have dropped the price to sell them

Wads

Firstly, it's worth mentioning that Amazon and Zappos are the same company. Second, I've bought many shoes from them, and they're always genuine.

If you buy directly from Amazon (not another vendor), you will be able to return for free, very painless process. After you select color and size, make sure that it says "ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and "Free Returns" where the price is listed.

BTW, some other vendors who sell on Amazon also have free shipping and free returns when you buy on their own websites, and often you can also get a better deal by using FatCash and a discount coupon. For example, last week I found shoes on Amazon that were sold in my size by Shoebuy.com. I went directly to Shoebuy.com (through Fatwallet, of course), and was able to get FatCash + a 15% discount they offered at that time, and also got free shipping and free returns.

ETA: The shoes you linked are showing up now in 13E, in black, for $114.40, so if you've been waiting, you lucked out.

did you read the detail section?
"contains 2 left..."

Amazon owns Zappos. I have bought name brand shoes and they have never been fakes. You can return them free.

or try 6pm

Link to their sale shoes.

May not have your size, but always worth watching...

sharl said:   If you buy directly from Amazon (not another vendor), you will be able to return for free, very painless process. After you select color and size, make sure that it says "ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and "Free Returns" where the price is listed.

BTW, some other vendors who sell on Amazon also have free shipping and free returns when you buy on their own websites, and often you can also get a better deal by using FatCash and a discount coupon. For example, last week I found shoes on Amazon that were sold in my size by Shoebuy.com. I went directly to Shoebuy.com (through Fatwallet, of course), and was able to get FatCash + a 15% discount they offered at that time, and also got free shipping and free returns.

ETA: The shoes you linked are showing up now in 13E, in black, for $114.40, so if you've been waiting, you lucked out.

I had a long response, but lost it due to the new set up here. These new changes can be a pain in the rear, especially if it wipes out everything you typed in there.

Those are my size and I did wait to get them. Nice to save a couple of additional dollars as well.

After looking around, I started searching for Allen Edmonds
shoes and i have to say that I do think I would really like a pair of those. I need a nice brown pair of shoes and they would be perfect. I have never spent $350 on shoes, and it is definitely out of my price range.

I wonder though if the more expensive shoes would help my foot comfort and last longer/

The Allen Edmonds
are comfortable wearable all day and will last for many years with soles and heels replaced when worn.

Amazon also owns 6pm.com that was acquired by zappos.
On 6pm there are some $300+ MSRP shoes going for the $200s and under. 

Sample: $201  MSRP $345
http://www.6pm.com/allen-edmonds-sanford-black-custom-calf

What's the point in faking crap?

NewToFatWalletUser said:   What's the point in faking crap?
  While I agree that it is dumb, it makes people millions and millions each year. Instead of a pair of shoes costing $50 to make, you can make an imitation for $10. Since it looks and is marked as teh real thing you can sell it for $100 or so and make all that profit.

Imagine this happening with jeans, shirts, sunglasses, and just about everything else you can name.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014