Best Buy announces Black Friday store hours

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Link

6PM Thanksgiving

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think the term "Black Friday" will have to be changed since (I think) beginning last year sales basically start on Thanksgiving evening now. Wal-Mart last year had mostly 10pm sales I believe, as did several other places.

Oh great!  Let's recall all the FW t-shirts that were just shipped out and get them reprinted.  At least they have a "concept" of a turkey on them.  Maybe we just need to overprint the words in parenthesis "{Black Friday 2013} at the bottom - you know, the theme of the contest/t-shirt...

Come to think of it, with the rest of the shirt talking about stuffing your FatWallet instead of a fat turkey, how is this even a Black Friday t-shirt?  If you took away the "{Black Friday 2013}" at the bottom, it's actually a Thanksgiving DAY t-shirt...

megachacker said:   I think the term "Black Friday" will have to be changed since (I think) beginning last year sales basically start on Thanksgiving evening now. Wal-Mart last year had mostly 10pm sales I believe, as did several other places.
  I propose "Brown Thursday", for how crappy this is.

misch said:     I propose "Brown Thursday", for how crappy this is.

I'd buy that shirt.

Why not open ALL DAY LONG on Thanksgiving? Even better, why not open all stores from ALL chains on Thanksgiving and get rid of this holiday for good? That way all stores could make their respective sales numbers 1 day earlier!

- End of Sarcasm -

Sad...  just sad.

That's because black friday is not around anymore, you can get better deals all year round. Retailers are trying to squeeze as much as possible from Friday, but that's not enough.

unnamedny said:   That's because black friday is not around anymore, you can get better deals all year round. Retailers are trying to squeeze as much as possible from Friday, but that's not enough.
  Agreed, sales are so Meh......

I remember the good ole days, about 15 years ago when you could show up 3-4 hours before the store opening and still be one of the top 10-20 in line. They would open at 5 a.m. and everyone was happy. Now people are so rude and the store opens so early I always just stay home & stalk fatwallet & sd and still get my good deals with none of the b.s. I use to really enjoy shopping on bf but now you have to be crazy to endure that kind of torture!

maddawg313 said:   
unnamedny said:   That's because black friday is not around anymore, you can get better deals all year round. Retailers are trying to squeeze as much as possible from Friday, but that's not enough.
  Agreed, sales are so Meh......

That statement is not fair to the word "meh" if it can even be considered an actual word. The "sales" downright suck! Let us all mourn the loss of a friend. RIP Black Friday. You were fun while you lasted.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014