• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Bing --> Swag
Disclaimer
I just saw this offer on my Swag Bucks main page:
"Search Bing. Earn Swag Bucks. You can now exchange Bing Rewards credits for Swag Bucks. You can earn enough for over 500 Swag Bucks monthly. Join [Bing] now for free and earn 25 Swag Bucks."

Since the button says "Discover Offers," I'm thinking it should also be listed somewhere under the Special Offers section if it isn't on your SB home page. Unfortunately, clicking that button only redirects to this Blng link and I haven't been able to find further details or terms yet on either site or via G00gle. I hoping that they will post more details as they roll this new program out.

I decided to post this heads up anyway, because SB has a much much larger selection of gift cards and denominations, and offers a much better exchange rate. Most SB GCs are 1 buck = 1Ę so a $5 GC costs 500 SB. They also let you buy up to five $5 Amaz0n GCs per month for 450 SB and they've had a long running sale where you can get $5 in Dwolla cash for 400 SB.

I don't use Blng and have no plans to, but thought that this info might help those of you who to do get a better exchange rate on your Blng rewards (once the terms of this offer/exchange rate are released).

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
ha, well there's yer problem....it's late....

why not use it? it's easy and a pretty darn good earner for the short time ... (more)

lordoffire (Feb. 01, 2014 @ 1:24a) |

B ing confiscated over 40K points I had in an account on their previous points program (I was saving up for a large rewa... (more)

fivetalents (Feb. 01, 2014 @ 2:12a) |

I don't trust them considering certain account stuff too and I'm rolling them to SB as soon as possible, but I'd rather ... (more)

lordoffire (Feb. 01, 2014 @ 2:19a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I did some looking into it because I use both and found this
http://www.bing.com/rewards/redeem/000100000049

you earn 1 point per every 2 searches (I usually just click the related searches on the right and earn by daily 15 search points)
They also have daily clickable opportunities to earn an extra point here or there.

you redeem 525 Bing points for a 500 swagbucks code. (same point value for a $5 Amazon GC which you receive the same day you redeem your reward)
However once you reach Gold status (takes about a month, no effort just using the site) the redeem cost drops to 475 points

You can then redeem 475 points for an instant Amazon GC at Bing or cash it in for a 500 Swagbucks Code (cash that in for a 450 point Amazon GC and have 50 points left over!)

Ive earned around 20 bucks in Amazon GC on Bing in 6 months. the process to earn points takes around 4 minutes each morning.

nyck1118 said:   I did some looking into it because I use both and found this
http://www.bing.com/rewards/redeem/000100000049

you earn 1 point per every 2 searches (I usually just click the related searches on the right and earn by daily 15 search points)
They also have daily clickable opportunities to earn an extra point here or there.

you redeem 525 Bing points for a 500 swagbucks code. (same point value for a $5 Amazon GC which you receive the same day you redeem your reward)
However once you reach Gold status (takes about a month, no effort just using the site) the redeem cost drops to 475 points

You can then redeem 475 points for an instant Amazon GC at Bing or cash it in for a 500 Swagbucks Code (cash that in for a 450 point Amazon GC and have 50 points left over!)

Ive earned around 20 bucks in Amazon GC on Bing in 6 months. the process to earn points takes around 4 minutes each morning.

††
Great info! Thanks for the detailed explanation. I can earn $25 a month on SB with very little effort. You need to earn an average of 75 bucks per day then cash out for 5 x $5 Amaz0n GCs each month. With a little extra effort to reach the daily goal (usually between 70 to 110 bucks) you can get a monthly bonus of almost 600 SB which you can hold on to for months that you don't have enough points to max out the 5 x $5 Amaz0n cards or just cash out at the 1 SB = $0.01 rate on any other GC. SB also doesn't limit how much you can earn in a day, so I've been using SB while watching TV lately to earn more and cashing out for PayPal credits for my holiday shopping. All that is to say, I never signed up for Blng due to the limited rewards that you can cash out/redeem points for and it taking so long to earn rewards. However, I've seen so many people on FW who use Blng that I knew this thread might help a few folks out. I had such a hard time finding the terms and conditions on either site, so I'm glad that you tracked this info down. If I find a corresponding link on SB I will post it here as well.

Thanks for the reminder I had 1200 points in my bing acct

Didn't know this stuff. If anyone has a primer on this one, would like to take a look.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. nyck1118 and fivetalents. I got the same email from Swagbucks and it confused me--
I was hoping it meant we could get points for both sites at the same time! .

Savyasachi:†
If you google "Swagbucks vs Bing" you should get an idea of how these work. (I use both, but I still prefer Google searches when I want more accurate results)

These are the fist two articles I found that looked brief and decent:
http://www.brighthub.com/internet/google/articles/113734.aspx
http://www.techairlines.com/swagbucks-vs-bing/

cruelas said:   Thanks for the info. nyck1118 and fivetalents. I got the same email from Swagbucks and it confused me--
I was hoping it meant we could get points for both sites at the same time! .

††
I never received an email, just saw the offer on my SB homepage. Can you post the subject, body/message, any links, and fine print in the email they sent you? TIA.

Here's the email I got--it didn't make a lot of sense until I clicked nyck1118's link.
No helpful links in the email--it took me to BING like you said.
The offer is still on my Swagbucks homepage, but I can't find it in the special offers either.

Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:06:57 AM
Subject: 500 Swag Bucks a month

"DAILY INBUCKS" [banner]
"Earn Swag Bucks by searching with Bing. You can earn over 500 Swag Bucks every month through Bing Rewards.
[fine print:]
*******, start earning over 500 Swag Bucks every month by searching with Bing. Join now and earn 25 Swag Bucks. It's free!*
*Must be your first time signing up for Bing Rewards. Limit 1 per member. You must use valid contact information and have a genuine interest in this offer to earn your Swag Bucks. Invalid applications will not earn Swag Bucks. For help, contact Swagbucks Support....Prodege, LLC does not endorse the third-party organization(s) referenced in this message nor does Prodege endorse the views such organization(s) express nor the products/services they offer."

Thanks so much cruelas. Excellent info. I never received any email from SB about this, I even checked my spam folder. I guess SB is treating this like any other 'Special Offer," once you click on their refe ral link everything about the offer is competed through the external partner's site.

so it's BS?

lordoffire said:   so it's BS?
††
Nope. If you don't have a Blng account, you can earn 25 SB for creating one. All current and new Blng users can cash out, through Blng, for SB at better exchange rate if you are a Gold members and/or use the SB to buy a $5 Ama zon GC for 450 SB as explained in nyck1118's post.

fivetalents said:   
lordoffire said:   so it's BS?
††
Nope. If you don't have a Blng account, you can earn 25 SB for creating one. All current and new Blng users can cash out, through Blng, for SB at better exchange rate if you are a Gold members and/or use the SB to buy a $5 Ama zon GC for 450 SB as explained in nyck1118's post.

† just logged in and there's the thingy to redeem for 500SB.....got it now

Pass.

When I order a Amazon GC from Bing, it is sent the next morning. When I order it from SB, I have to wait 7 days.

The convenience is worth the extra pts.

How do I exchange my Bing rewad points into SB's? I can't figure out how to do that yet!!!!

lynngd6 said:   How do I exchange my Bing rewad points into SB's? I can't figure out how to do that yet!!!!

† buy the 500 SB gift card from the redeem page, they email it, you enter the code

fees
Disclaimer
In case you havenít heard, it looks like SB is instituting a tiered membership program their calling the ďAccelerator program.Ē You will now only be able to buy a maximum of 3 $5 Amaz0n GCs for 450 Swagbucks unless a) you pay a $5/month (you get a match of up to 700 bonus SBs and can buy 4 Amaz0n GCs at $5/450 SB) or b) you pay a $10/month (you get a match of up to 1500 bonus SBs and can buy 6 Amaz0n GCs at $5/450 SB). Iím guessing that the $5 Amaz0n GCs will remain 450 SBs, but they may devalue that too. I havenít seen this announcement since the beginning of the month, so Iím hoping they got enough negative feedback that they nixed this idea/program. I doubt this will impact anyone's decision to transfer Blng points to SBs since Blng points can't be earned very quickly, but this is a heads up all the same.

fivetalents said:   In case you havenít heard, it looks like SB is instituting a tiered membership program their calling the ďAccelerator program.Ē You will now only be able to buy a maximum of 3 $5 Amaz0n GCs for 450 Swagbucks unless a) you pay a $5/month (you get a match of up to 700 bonus SBs and can buy 4 Amaz0n GCs at $5/450 SB) or b) you pay a $10/month (you get a match of up to 1500 bonus SBs and can buy 6 Amaz0n GCs at $5/450 SB). Iím guessing that the $5 Amaz0n GCs will remain 450 SBs, but they may devalue that too. I havenít seen this announcement since the beginning of the month, so Iím hoping they got enough negative feedback that they nixed this idea/program. I doubt this will impact anyone's decision to transfer Blng points to SBs since Blng points can't be earned very quickly, but this is a heads up all the same.
† did a mentally challenged person come up with this?

they seriously think people are going to PAY THEM to use the site?

lordoffire said:   
fivetalents said:   In case you havenít heard, it looks like SB is instituting a tiered membership program their calling the ďAccelerator program.Ē You will now only be able to buy a maximum of 3 $5 Amaz0n GCs for 450 Swagbucks unless a) you pay a $5/month (you get a match of up to 700 bonus SBs and can buy 4 Amaz0n GCs at $5/450 SB) or b) you pay a $10/month (you get a match of up to 1500 bonus SBs and can buy 6 Amaz0n GCs at $5/450 SB). Iím guessing that the $5 Amaz0n GCs will remain 450 SBs, but they may devalue that too. I havenít seen this announcement since the beginning of the month, so Iím hoping they got enough negative feedback that they nixed this idea/program. I doubt this will impact anyone's decision to transfer Blng points to SBs since Blng points can't be earned very quickly, but this is a heads up all the same.
† did a mentally challenged person come up with this?

they seriously think people are going to PAY THEM to use the site?

††
Yes, it violates my 1st rule of thumb for a GPT site: never spend your own money/pay for anything (the rare exception being when they offer the best cash† back rates on stuff you are going to buy anyway). Some will pay for this program anyway, arguing that they are earning $2 by investing $5 a month (a 40% return)... or earning $5 by investing $10 (a 50% return). Making an extra $24 to $60 a year does not justify having to pay a membership fee for me, especially should you ever be unable to meet your goals. Now, if there were no caps on how ,uch they matched, I'd reconsider.

Anyway, I searched the blogs and found that this was announced last month in December (I only ever saw one announcement and that was this month/in January): http://blog.swagbucks.com/2013/12/accelerate-to-your-next-gift-c...†Reading the comments, some folks are saying the the 3 $5 Amaz0n GCs for 450 SBs was only an example based on someone earning 1,400 SB in a month without a paid membership. They believe that those who decline to pay/join the accelerator program should still be able to redeem the maximum 5 $5 Amazon GCs for 450 SBs each per usual. That makes sense since I was able to max out the 5 x $5 Amaz0n GCs for 450 this month even though, as I've just learned, the Accelerator program went into effect this month (I thought it was starting next month). ETA: If the redemption counts for the $5 Amaz0n GCs for 450 for each membership level is just an example, then maxing out the $10/month plan will theoretically earn enough to buy 6 Amaz0n GCs at $5/450 SB, but the maximum of 5 GCs/month is still in force for everyone, so you could not literally buy 6 at the reduced rate in one month (a pity, since that would have been a nice perk for having to pay for the SB matching).

SB could have done a better job rolling this out/explaining it. 'I's deja vu all over again.'

I've been maxing out without any issues and I don't plan on keeping points any longer than necessary.

a lot of points for the 1st, and an extra 200 for been referred....suuuuuweeeeet

lordoffire said:   a lot of points for the 1st, and an extra 200 for been referred....suuuuuweeeeet

††
Not sure what your post means.

What were the points awarded on February 1st (today) for and how much? I don't get my bonus points from meeting my daily goals until about the 5th of the month and you said you wren't paying for the accelerator plan. Also, SB is on PST, so it technically won't be the first for almost 2 more hours.

Also, did the 200 extra SBs come from joining Blng (I thought the bonus was only 25 SBs) or joining SB... or did you get other folks to sign up?

Just want to make sure that I'm not missing an opportunity for some more SBs

fivetalents said:   
lordoffire said:   a lot of points for the 1st, and an extra 200 for been referred....suuuuuweeeeet
††
Not sure what your post means.

What were the points awarded on February 1st (today) for and how much? I don't get my bonus points from meeting my daily goals until about the 5th of the month and you said you wren't paying for the accelerator plan. Also, SB is on PST, so it technically won't be the first for almost 2 more hours.

Also, did the 200 extra SBs come from joining Blng (I thought the bonus was only 25 SBs) or joining SB... or did you get other folks to sign up?

Just want to make sure that I'm not missing an opportunity for some more SBs

† the special offer thingies that each give a few points; changes by the day....it always resets for me at midnight (est)

they're having a special promo for february that gives 200 to referrals for signing up; I had signed up through a referral link so I guess it's for existing users too

lordoffire said:   
† the special offer thingies that each give a few points; changes by the day....it always resets for me at midnight (est)

they're having a special promo for february that gives 200 to referrals for signing up; I had signed up through a referral link so I guess it's for existing users too

††
Thanks for the info. I knew that the repeatable "laptop guy" offering the easy 2 bucks shows up on the home page around 11pm EST every night, now I'll also have to check out special offers an hour after that too (which tab do I need to go to under special offers?). FWIW, on the SB app, there tend to be a lot of 1 point videos under Virool and Supersonic Ads throughout the day (the Trail Pay 1 and 2 point videos dried up over the last few weeks), which is a lot better than 3 points for 10 videos on the web based SBTV... so I do both at the same time to be more efficient. Of course, the videos under "activities" that run in frames (don't require a new tab/window for each link) is a quick way to build up points too.

I heard something about Feb referrals but dismissed it... I'll have to look into that more closely, though I'm confused how you get 200 points to your existing account without creating a new account when signing up (again) through a referral link.

fivetalents said:   
lordoffire said:   

††
Thanks for the info. I knew that the repeatable "laptop guy" offering the easy 2 bucks shows up on the home page around 11pm EST every night, now I'll also have to check out special offers an hour after that too (which tab do I need to go to under special offers?). FWIW, on the SB app, there tend to be a lot of 1 point videos under Virool and Supersonic Ads throughout the day (the Trail Pay 1 and 2 point videos dried up over the last few weeks), which is a lot better than 3 points for 10 videos on the web based SBTV... so I do both at the same time to be more efficient. Of course, the videos under "activities" that run in frames (don't require a new tab/window for each link) is a quick way to build up points too.

I heard something about Feb referrals but dismissed it... I'll have to look into that more closely, though I'm confused how you get 200 points to your existing account without creating a new account when signing up (again) through a referral link.

† you usually don't look here?
http://www.bing.com/rewards/dashboard

you just have to click on it and the points show up instantly

lordoffire said:   
† you usually don't look here?
http://www.bing.com/rewards/dashboard

you just have to click on it and the points show up instantly

††
LOL, I'm talking about earning SwabBucks, while you are talking about earning B ing rewards. No wonder I wasn't getting it (I don't use B ing).

Thanks for the clarification, at least I'm not missing out on any easy SBs.

fivetalents said:   LOL, I'm talking about earning SwabBucks, while you are talking about earning B ing rewards. No wonder I wasn't getting it (I don't use B ing).

† ha, well there's yer problem....it's late....

why not use it? it's easy and a pretty darn good earner for the short time I've used it

lordoffire said:   
fivetalents said:   LOL, I'm talking about earning SwabBucks, while you are talking about earning B ing rewards. No wonder I wasn't getting it (I don't use B ing).

why not use it? it's easy and a pretty darn good earner for the short time I've used it

††
B ing confiscated over 40K points I had in an account on their previous points program (I was saving up for a large reward). They had no just reason for doing so (they claimed I hadn't logged in for a long time but I was playing games and earning points on their site almost every day), yet they refused to return my points. I'll never use them/trust them again.

fivetalents said:   
lordoffire said:   

††
B ing confiscated over 40K points I had in an account on their previous points program (I was saving up for a large reward). They had no just reason for doing so (they claimed I hadn't logged in for a long time but I was playing games and earning points on their site almost every day), yet they refused to return my points. I'll never use them/trust them again.

† I don't trust them considering certain account stuff too and I'm rolling them to SB as soon as possible, but I'd rather take the opportunity to stick it to them rather than walk away.

If you can regularly visit different places with an internet connection you could create quite a few accounts....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014