Amex/Best Buy $30 off $300 possibly targeted?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I got an email this morning from Amex for a one-time statement credit at best buy when you spend $300 total in one or more transactions by 12/31. The email was explicitly for my blue card; however, I was also able to register my biz plat for the same offer through the website.  I was unsuccessful with my SPG personal, and got an error message about this promo being invitation only. 

Of note: this promo does not appear in the offers for you tab on the Amex site before or after registering a card, but I did get confirmation emails for the 2 cards I successfully registered.  Also seems to be independent of the previous $25 off 250 offer from best buy, as I had already registered and redeemed that one a few weeks ago. 

conclusion: targeted offer, may work on more than the explicitly mentioned card, but not all. 

Link below, please post success/failure and type of card.

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/BestBuyHoliday2013/

Member Summary

best buy (21.50kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Absolutely targeted. I attempted it, and got this message at confirmation:
Sorry
Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only.

Costco AmEx in my case.

BTW, per FW's terms, targeted deals are NOT Hot Deals. They should be posted in Deal Discussion. There seems to be an increasing frequency of these lately.

tried my amex costco & amex simply cash business cards and was unsuccessful.

Fail!

Thanks for sharing the possible opportunity OP

Tried Amex Platinum and SPG - No go

Sorry
Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only.

No go for me either. But I do wonder how AmEx sends out these offers... Clearly they are targeted, but it's even beyond that. OP received the email on Dec 11th, for an offer that was valid 11/19/13 to 12/31/13. I wonder if AmEx sends out an initial batch of invites, and then depending on rate of registrations/redemptions they may add subsequent waves of additional invites? This could indicate that perhaps they have a targeted amount of $ they've allocated to each offer and are willing to keep inviting members until the funds run out...

I know this is not very helpful - just thinking out loud. The only benefit of this is that for those of us who haven't received this or other similar offers, perhaps there's hope to be invited later if above logic is true.

all 4 of my AMEX cards got the offer (Blue, Costco, Plat, SPG). Interesting...

You've successfully registered your Card ending in XXXXX. 

Now, use the same Card that you registered to make purchases totaling $300 or more in one or more transactions at Best Buy by12/31/13.

To view the full offer details and terms and conditions, visit 
https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/BestBuyHoliday2013

To unlock more exclusive offers, securely sync your eligible American Express Card with your
participating social media accounts. Just visit http://sync.americanexpress.com to sync your Card
and immediately find savings on dining, shopping, entertainment, and much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your email address will only be used in connection with this offer.
Unless you opt-in, it will not be retained for on-going marketing use.

View Our Privacy Statement: http://www.amexnetwork.com/privacy.html
The American Express Network website is a place for consumers to find
out more about special programs available for Cardmembers holding any
American Express®-branded Cards. The website is a resource for
Cardmembers to find out about unique experiences, special insights,
and Cardmember promotions and benefits.

This e-mail was sent to:xxxxx
We are unable to respond to account inquiries sent in reply to this
e-mail. 

American Express Customer Service Department
P.O. Box 297817 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329-7817

Copyright 2013 American Express Company. All rights reserved.  

♕ Success! As the OP noted, the $25 and $30 are separate & different offers 

Since these are separate offers, are you seeing $25 and $30 statement credits for a total of $55?

no go on HHonors

Thank you AmEx for the $55 statement credits ($25 + $30)... woohoo

BrianGa said:   no go on HHonors
  Same here.  Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only.

No go on my SPG Amex

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014