• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Now that Moto G will be on sale at BestBuy imminently, what is the best way to get it on PPC? Sure it's off contract, but VZW requires 6 months on THEIR prepaid. I want one to put on PPC ASAP!
http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/01/moto-g-for-verizon-now-on-sale-at-best-buy/ 

Ads by Google
Member Summary

Moto G (32.18kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer

rated:
Yea I am waiting to see if the MotoG can be used on PP. Would pick one up now at $100.

The moto X is $99.99 at BB with a 2 year contract. I am thinking a BB employee got the G and X mixed up maybe?

EDIT
Verizon Moto G will go on sale on January 9th.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12/30/verizon-moto-g-spotted-in-best-buy-retail-packaging-for-99-99-off-contract/ 

Yep $99.99. But it is pre-paid phone. I am sure some will try and if they can get it to work it will be the most popular PP phone fast.

rated:
Marlin1975 said:   

Yep $99.99. But it is pre-paid phone. I am sure some will try and if they can get it to work it will be the most popular PP phone fast.

Has there been any recent success getting veri-zone prepay phones to work with pageplus?

rated:
dazviking said:   Marlin1975 said:   

Has there been any recent success getting veri-zone prepay phones to work with pageplus?

I'm no expert on this, but I assume you can do your time on VZW of 6 months as a VZW prepaid customer and then unlock. Problem is that with smartphone plan, that's $60/no.

rated:
dazviking said:   
Marlin1975 said:   

Not sure. Don't think many tried as there were not a lot of great phones before. But I can see many trying now.

rated:
Is that six month rule official? I see conflicting answers in my searches. It was my understanding that no phone sold as a Verizon prepaid could EVER be used on Page Plus. If you could I'd jump on this as my current PP handset is rather old in the tooth.

rated:
WalterGuy said:   Is that six month rule official? I see conflicting answers in my searches. It was my understanding that no phone sold as a Verizon prepaid could EVER be used on Page Plus. If you could I'd jump on this as my current PP handset is rather old in the tooth.

I think the 6month rule is for version PP to version contract, not PP.

But either way I would wait and see if others can get it to use on PP first.

rated:
from what I see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2599592 it's not promising.... =(

rated:
Ok, been on P+ for a few years, and like it for my uses. I don't use my phone alot anymore, so I just put an old Droid on it, and use their 12plan ($12.00 a month). 250mins/250texts/10mgs data-to let the Droid work. It's 3g, so no whoopee.

Head over to a place named howardforums, for alot more info. on P+. You can't use any VZW prrepaid phones on it, only contract/used contract phones.

Read up over there, you'll like it.

rated:
You can put a Boost Mobile Moto G on Page Plus (it needs to be flashed). Also $99 at B.B.

rated:
micallen said:   You can put a Boost Mobile Moto G on Page Plus (it needs to be flashed). Also $99 at B.B.
  You have more on this?

Found it. Someone, Viper?, is charging $35 to flash the Boost Mobile MotoG to PP.
So roughly $135 + tax. not bad.

rated:
Permanent flash of Moto G to Page Plus or Selectel... details here: Moto G 4 Page Plus

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014