Dunkin Donuts perks: maximizing rewards

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

DD Perks Rewards Program | Dunkin' Donuts
Disclaimer
Dunkin donuts recently launched their new DD perks program, which is basically a points-based loyalty program akin to Starbucks star rewards. 

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/ddperks/per...

Receive a free medium beverage on sign up, birthday, and every 200 points. Each $1 is 5 points, so 1 drink per $40 spent. Points are earned when spending DD card balances, not on load. 
The only restriction seems to be that, in order to earn points, purchases must be made with a DD card, whether plastic or through the mobile app. 

Plink currently offers  points based on spend at DD. Current rates:
25 for $3
50 for $6
200 for $25
500 for $50

The min for dd card purchase for oneself is $10, so to maximize points per purchase It is best to buy in increments of $50. Points can then be used on gift cards from Amazon, iTunes, etc. 

I did did a test purchase of a $6 DD card as a gift to make sure the charge is processed correctly for plink points (i.e. No 3rd party processing company) and got points for my dd card purchase. My current strategy to maximize benefits is to buy a $50 DD card and load it on my mobile app, which generates 505 plink points(500 base +5 check-in on mobile) and a free medium beverage by the time the card is used up. This allows both programs to be combined with efficiency. Combine this with a rewards/Cash Back credit card to triple dip on one purchase. 

I'm unsure if dd card reloads will generate plink points, but will test that in the future. Obviously one drawback is parking your cash with DD for free, but I can go through $50 of coffee in a month pretty easily so that is negligible to me. Possible secondary benefit is to get lots of points for redemption at plink all at once, so you can claim your gift cards now rather than over time and risking them going out of business or devaluing their points.  Any other strategies to maximize points or bonuses with these programs?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pretty good...500 Plink points are generally equal to $5. If you are using your Plink-registered card to purchase the DD card, that "should" count as a purchase and therefore add to the Plink balance. Off the top of my head it looks like ~11%-12% off if you buy in $50 increments and ride the DD card.

Just grab a stack of the DD Perks cards when you visit DD. Every card set up= 2 free medium coffees

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014