• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
DRAM Class Action Settlement
You qualify for money if you bought DRAM or products containing DRAM (computers, printers, video game consoles or other electronic devices) between 1998 and 2002. No documentation is required to file a claim. The minimum recovery is $10, while larger purchasers could receive a $1,000 or more

https://secureweb2.rustconsulting.com/dramclaims/mainpage/FILEAC...

Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Mar. 6, 2014 @ 9:41am
Ads by Google
Member Summary

rated:

rated:
thanks didn't see it before

rated:
Wow, never knew about this, I bought so much crap during that time, my MP3 player with a HUGE 32MB of storage was one thing, so we shall see what I get back. Thanks OP!!

rated:
Be very careful about entering your personal info on this site -- it doesn't look legitimate.

rated:
No idea what your babbling about katnrica, easily confirmed via any number of articles on google (http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/prnewswire/press_releases/... for example)

rated:
Thanks OP.

rated:
Thanks!

rated:
Scottiedug said:   Wow, never knew about this, I bought so much crap during that time, my MP3 player with a HUGE 32MB of storage was one thing, so we shall see what I get back. Thanks OP!!
  that 32MB must have been non-volatile Flash memory, not DRAM which loses its contents when turned off.

rated:
of course I remember the exact kind and number of products I bought more than 12 years ago....

rated:
lordoffire said:   of course I remember the exact kind and number of products I bought more than 12 years ago....

Oh well, Aren't that we all very organized ? I have all my receipts from G. W. Bush era

*sarcasm mode[ON]

rated:
frugalpete said:   
Scottiedug said:   Wow, never knew about this, I bought so much crap during that time, my MP3 player with a HUGE 32MB of storage was one thing, so we shall see what I get back. Thanks OP!!
  that 32MB must have been non-volatile Flash memory, not DRAM which loses its contents when turned off.

yea  the first thing that came to my mine was the diamond mp3 player, but that was strictly flash based. However I did have the Rio (Sonic in the US) brand as well as one of the original asian cdmp3 players and they did use a dram based cache system (the Rio players would load up about 2.5 songs and then spin the cd down). I laughed at those flash based mp3 players. I put down about 8 things I was sure of, although overnight I had to have thought about 3 more. Still I would be surprised if I saw anything out of this. 

rated:
zafsf said:   
lordoffire said:   of course I remember the exact kind and number of products I bought more than 12 years ago....

Oh well, Aren't that we all very organized ? I have all my receipts from G. W. Bush era

*sarcasm mode[ON]

maybe you forgot to flip the detector switch on

rated:
myhotrs said:   No idea what your babbling about katnrica, easily confirmed via any number of articles on google (http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/prnewswire/press_releases/... for example)

Sure it can be confirmed but this is the site you are suppose to go to is http://dramclaims.com/  not the one originally listed here.  The link you even posted says to go the the link i just posted.  The original link doesnt seem to be linked to the official site in any way. Just a copy of it. So I would be careful about entering my info.

rated:
Holy moly TY OP. I bought so much over priced electronics back then. It'll be interesting to see how long this takes & how much money I receive.

One purchase that sticks in my mind was 2x 512MB DRAM sticks for $170. Was the lowest price for that by $50. WOW. Times have changed.

rated:
Is this settlement different from the earlier one that mentioned only DRAM modules and not devices that use DRAM?  

rated:
thanks Syncmaster23 for the dramclaim site correction...I used that instead (but thanks to OP)

rated:
Read the fine print before you sign up.

1:
"If there are more than five million small claimants, no cash distribution will be made to them. Instead, $40 million will be distributed to non-profit organizations approved by the Court, as described above."

2: "It is possible that money will be distributed to public or non-profit organizations in addition to or instead of Class Members who file small claims"

3: "The Attorneys General and Class Counsel have requested attorneys’ fees, subject to court approval, in the amount of 25% of total Settlement Funds. After deduction of the government entity portion of the Settlements, attorneys’ fees, notice and claims administration costs, and litigation expenses, approximately $200 million is expected to be available for distribution to businesses and individuals."

4: "Benefits will be distributed to Class Members and consumers represented by their state Attorneys General after the Court grants final approval to the Settlements and any appeals are resolved. Appeals can take a long time to resolve."

***5: "The Settlement Funds total approximately $310 million. Approximately 89% (or 8/9ths) is for the benefit of businesses and individuals. The other 11% (or 1/9th) of the Settlement Funds are for the benefit of state and local government entities. The Attorneys General and Class Counsel have requested attorneys’ fees, subject to court approval, in the amount of 25% of total Settlement Funds. After deduction of the government entity portion of the Settlements, attorneys’ fees, notice and claims administration costs, and litigation expenses, approximately $200 million is expected to be available for distribution to businesses and individuals. Defendants have also agreed not to engage in the conduct that is at issue in these lawsuits and will establish (or maintain) programs to educate their employees about complying with the law (see Question 12). More details about the distribution of the Settlement Funds are available ."

Quoted from: http://dramclaims.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/DetailedNotice-... 

rated:
This thing is all over the low-rent TV channel ad scene now, we're not going to get crap out of it.

rated:
So those that were harmed get nothing ....
And the lawyers .....
What are "public orginizations"?

rated:
I am wondering whether the old digital cameras, ie Sony Mavica, used DRAM. How about the GameBoy handheld? What other devices were DRAM, other than those specified?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014