• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Good new for WalMart shoppers!! WalMart started a new program called WalMart Savings Catcher. Now, WalMart will price match by itself and will give you the WalMart eGiftcard for price difference after your purchase. All you need to do is to add your receipt number and date within 7 days of your purchase here, which takes less than a minute. Then, WalMart will check advertised price in other stores in the area for that date and if they find a lower price than what you paid for any particular item, it will give you egiftcard for the difference. Unfortunately, this program is only in few cities currently. Please find detail about this program at https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/#how-it-works

Please check their FAQ for info about product/promotion restriction and participating cities. I tried and it works. Hope this will help you get some money back.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Talk about limited area roll out!

Only metro areas this currently works in is:

Atlanta-GA, Charlotte-NC, Dallas-TX, Huntsville-AL, Lexington-KY and San Diego-CA.

Very interesting. Wish am'zon would roll out a similar program.

Good Move

"Anne Jurchak was part of Wal-Mart's focus group. She said she's been getting back $5 to $7 on her weekly trips to Wal-Mart in which she typically spends $200 to $250."

Pretty neat idea. I like this. And I live in one of the Target cities.

For info: https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/

Wal-Mart and Publix are battling for market share here in the Southeast, each trying to prove to consumers that they have better deals. Wal-Mart pushes their "Everday Low Prices" and price match guarantee while Publix is pushing their BOGOF deals. The Savings Catcher specifically excludes BOGOF deals, though, so it's not all that useful for luring customers from Publix. Still, if you're going to shop at Wal-Mart anyway, there's a chance you may save a few bucks with this program.

So far, I've gotten two egift cards back from this program for just under $5 with no effort on my part.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014