• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
What used to be a Call Only thing,

If you have any Cash Balance on a Virgin Mobile phone (Like I had for over 5 years of a little used number)
You can now pay for any phone on their website with that cash balance.

Just go to VirginMobileUSA.com log into your account, then go to Shop -> Phones , pick a phone, and when you see payment click the list and pick Cash Balance.

That's about it.
You cannot split payment the phone though, you gotta have enough in your balance to pay for it.
That's  about it!

I don't know if this is a 'hot deal' so I put it in Deal Discussion.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wish América Móvil (owners of Tracfone) would take the cue from Sprint (owners of the US license to VMo) and allow me to buy a phone with my units accumulation (could replace my Nokia 1100 (GSM) ya' know...).

I did this last year! So what is new???? 

yeeea... they have been allowing you to purchase phones using your balance for quite some time now. The issue had always been the $400 (I think that was it) limit on the account, this prevented people from getting the "then new" S3 and iphone 4s because as you said, you can't pay part of the phone with the balance. 

i don't know how this company stays in business, i had them once and service was awful

jagg2914 said:   i don't know how this company stays in business, i had them once and service was awful
  Location location location

DovleK said:   I did this last year! So what is new???? 
  Online or over the phone?  
As of August it was over the phone only.

I think I called in Around Sept as well.

"I don't know how this company stays in business, i had them once and service was awful."

As an MVNO, VMo doesn't have to pay for the infrastructure (just the license fees to Mr. Branson & Co. over there in UK), but what is now their maiden company, Sprint does...

also no tax when pay with balance at least for me. $45 Cash Back + 10% off Target virgin cards every now and then + no tax = huge savings

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014