• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I got an email this morning from Amazon with a promo code for $10 to use thru 8/31 when you pay for an order using your Discovercard CashBack bonus:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Did you know that you can Pay with CashBack Bonus at Amazon.com?To help you get started, here's a promotion code good for up to $10 when you use CashBack Bonus to pay for at least a portion of your eligible order: 
XXXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXXX
 The code is good through August 31, 2014, 11:59 P.M. PT, and must be entered at checkout with CashBack Bonus applied as part of the payment preferences.See full Terms & Conditions for details and restrictions.

It's a targeted offer, so be on the lookout for it in your e-mail (got mine at 3:27 AM EST) -

Sender: Amazon.com 
Subject: $10 to Use at Amazon.com When You Pay with CashBack Bonus

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can I ask why people always post targeted offers? I mean, if it was targeted to me wouldn't I have already seen the email thus making this post pointless?

Myers215 said:   Can I ask why people always post targeted offers? I mean, if it was targeted to me wouldn't I have already seen the email thus making this post pointless?

Because some people might just delete it without reading it, especially if they're not looking to buy anything at the moment.  The head's up posts here have helped me a few times.  (Thanks canavja)

wish i get that... I just placed an order two days ago.

Thanks OP for the heads up. I got one too.

did you have a Discover card linked to your Amazon account before getting the email?   Otherwise how would they know you even have a Discover?   I have one but never use it at Amazon.

Myers215 said:   Can I ask why people always post targeted offers? I mean, if it was targeted to me wouldn't I have already seen the email thus making this post pointless?
  Here's a trick to getting this offer:
I didn't get this last time it was posted because my discover Cash Back card was already linked to Amazon. So I unlinked my card about three weeks ago and I got this offer recently too. 
Why would discover reward one to link and use their card if it's already linked? It's the same principle behind the recent AMEX Costco offer, AMEX cellphone auto pay...

How do you unlink the Discover Card?
Is it as simple as logging-in to Amazon.com and deleting the Discover Card or do I unlink it somewhere on the Discover Card website? I can't find anything pertaining to an Amazon.com and DC link on the DC website.
Thanks mikejensen!

alanmax said:   How do you unlink the Discover Card?
Is it as simple as logging-in to Amazon.com and deleting the Discover Card

Yes.  

How do I unlink AMEX to Costco. I usually use AMEX in costco.
Thanks.

i got this promo email good til 8/31, but when applying the code at check out it says code can not be used. i was trying to buy a $20 Amazon gift card btw. anyone have the same problem?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014