• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
There is currently a $10,000 Nissan dealer incentive (through the end of September, 2014).  Dealers are also discounting them since the 2015s are now out.

What you are giving up compared to the 2015 models is 15 HP, different headlights, and a modification to the sound system that dampens cabin noise.  You can get 5 or 6 K off of the MSRP of 2015s at many dealers, but IMO it is not worth the extra money.

All versions of the 2014 GT-R are reduced. 

If you want one, I expect they will go fast (as it were...).  Current stock can be found at NissanUSA.com, although dealers sometimes do not update their information very quickly.

Surprisingly, insurance is not bad either.  Mine was just over 1,000/yr including a teenage driver.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I checked and nissanusa.com says no 2014s within 250 miles of me. How accurate is this?

JoshiMajeer (Oct. 28, 2014 @ 7:48p) |

Sadly, it is probably true.  Due to the incentives on the 2014s, they sold at a record pace.

You can still get a 5K incen... (more)

hfzeus (Oct. 30, 2014 @ 10:03a) |

Nissan is now offering the 10K dealer incentive on 2015 GT-Rs.

This is a great deal in case you missed out on the 2014 mo... (more)

hfzeus (Dec. 03, 2014 @ 1:14p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
hfzeus said:   There is currently a $10,000 Nissan dealer incentive (through the end of September, 2014).  Dealers are also discounting them since the 2015s are now out.


 

  Not a "hot deal" and incorrect information as you stated the dealer incentive was only $10k.  

  Any other discounts through haggling (could be higher or lower than that additional $10k) would be YMMV.  

Also nothing is noted in regards to this offer on the Nissan website under GT-R offers.....so good luck in trying to get them to that low of a number without some prolonged haggling. 

rated:
You let your teenager drive a 90,000 dollar sports car?

rated:
jd2010 said:   You let your teenager drive a 90,000 dollar sports car?
 Only $89,999 

rated:
 
jd2010 said: You let your teenager drive a 90,000 dollar sports car?
 


What is cheaper? A funeral and a $90k car? Or college?

rated:
respdoc said:   
hfzeus said:   There is currently a $10,000 Nissan dealer incentive (through the end of September, 2014).  Dealers are also discounting them since the 2015s are now out.


 

  Not a "hot deal" and incorrect information as you stated the dealer incentive was only $10k.  

  Any other discounts through haggling (could be higher or lower than that additional $10k) would be YMMV.  

Also nothing is noted in regards to this offer on the Nissan website under GT-R offers.....so good luck in trying to get them to that low of a number without some prolonged haggling. 

Nonsense.  I had multiple offers for 18 to 21K off MSRP.  I decided to find one and took delivery two days later.  I would not call that prolonged.

And used ones are listed for more than I paid new.

Any car deal is YMMV, unless you are buying a Tesla.

rated:
Should've bought one when it was like 70k when it first came out.  Can't believe they raise the price so much on this car.

rated:
"Only $89,999"

Yeah, don't exaggerate.

I will not let him take it to high school.  But the GT-R keeps track of accelerator positions and how many G's have been pulled.  If I did not trust him, I can easily look at the readouts.

rated:
b534202 said:   Should've bought one when it was like 70k when it first came out.  Can't believe they raise the price so much on this car.
  While it was certainly a bargain then, now you can get the 2014 for about 11K more.  And there are many improvements since 2009 including being able to launch without transmission damage.

rated:
hfzeus said:    I had multiple offers for 18 to 21K off MSRP.  
  Sorry but I don't buy it.  Per Nissan, the GT-R isn't (and was never meant) to be a volume seller.  If anything, the car helps dealerships bring in "lookers" that they can then steer towards more practical models.  Also we are not talking about a radical model change from '14 vs '15.  

While I love a great car deal "story" as much as the next person...most of the time you'll find large gaps in the true equation (i.e. buyer got slaughtered for their previous trade-in, financing, etc). 

rated:
respdoc said:   
hfzeus said:    I had multiple offers for 18 to 21K off MSRP.  
  Sorry but I don't buy it.  Per Nissan, the GT-R isn't (and was never meant) to be a volume seller.  If anything, the car helps dealerships bring in "lookers" they can then steer for more practical models.  Also we are not talking about a radical model change from '14 vs '15.  

While I love a great car story deal as much as the next person...most of the time you'll find large gaps in the true equation (i.e. buyer got slaughtered for their previous trade-in, financing, etc). 

For someone with that picture in their profile, you should be more informed.
I paid no extra fees, had no trade-in, and did not need financing.
If you really are interested in the car, contact some dealers and see what they tell you.
By the way, that is the exact color I got.

rated:
hfzeus said:   For someone with that picture in their profile, you should be more informed.

 

  This is true...as one of us actually has the car..and the other hopes to find a mythical deal on one. 

rated:
$1000/yr insurance for a $90k car? How is that possible? Minimum coverage? I am paying almost $1000/yr for a Prius C...

rated:
respdoc said:   
hfzeus said:   For someone with that picture in their profile, you should be more informed.

 

  This is true...as one of us actually has the car..and the other hopes to find a magical deal on one. 

  
LOL.  Only one of us got ripped off.

Now I see why you post such nonsense.

rated:
TheDealMaker said:   $1000/yr insurance for a $90k car? How is that possible? Minimum coverage? I am paying almost $1000/yr for a Prius C...
  
I was shocked.  I have high coverage too.

rated:
When Nissan had 10k off thier suvs and mini vans in the 25-30k price range back in 08 we had a deal. This is just closeout on a sportcar and depreciation is 3-4x vs a normal 25k ride today so the price seems proper but you are getting it new. GTR is an awesome car but has no place in FW really. Give me a bubble king crown vick with 200k for 2k...

rated:
full coverage or just liability insurance?

$1000 a year for full coverage seems like a quote from the insurance land of make-believe... unless maybe you've had 10+ policies with the same insurance group for 20+ years and have like 8 cars so the GTR is not driven much

rated:
robstahl21 said:   full coverage or just liability insurance?

$1000 a year for full coverage seems like a quote from the insurance land of make-believe... unless maybe you've had 10+ policies with the same insurance group for 20+ years and have like 8 cars so the GTR is not driven much

  
Full coverage.  I also have an umbrella policy, so have to have high coverage on the car policies.

My insurer also does not give discounts for low mileage.  I have 3 cars with them and a house on the same policy, so do get a discount as a result.

If you want to check them out, it is Hanover Insurance.  I had never heard of them before getting coverage with them, but I think they are the oldest insurance company in the US.

rated:
Sweet! Just bought 5! Now I am rich...

rated:
hfzeus said:   ... etc etc ... I will not let him take it to high school.  But the GT-R keeps track of accelerator positions and how many G's have been pulled.  If I did not trust him, I can easily look at the readouts.
 

"... I will not let him take it to high school." ... no comment ...

"... I can easily look at the readouts."  ... before - or after - the tree ???

rated:
I think I killed the deal. I just called the dealership.

rated:
Now I know why the Nissan dealership cold called me today.

rated:
At this price, a Tesla Model S would be a much better value.

rated:
I hope you didn't bother signing the check... I might be worth another $3500 off.. Ymmv...

rated:
What a deal! Mid-life crisis here I come!

rated:
BizE said:   At this price, a Tesla Model S would be a much better value.
  No comparison to the GT-R, really. 

rated:
dual clutch yet?

rated:
pietromoon said:   dual clutch yet?
  The first printing of the owners manual for the '09 model - in the maintenance section there is a page for the dealership to record the date and mileage of the transmission replacement.

There are seven slots for recording such information.

To view the service info online for the GTR only - you must use IE6.  Really.

rated:
hfzeus said:   
respdoc said:   
hfzeus said:   For someone with that picture in their profile, you should be more informed.

 

  This is true...as one of us actually has the car..and the other hopes to find a magical deal on one. 

  
LOL.  Only one of us got ripped off.

Now I see why you post such nonsense.

  Im gonna need both of you to post a picture with one shoe on and one shoe in your left hand in front of said cars. Problem solved.

rated:
qube said:   
jd2010 said: You let your teenager drive a 90,000 dollar sports car?

What is cheaper? A funeral and a $90k car? Or college?

 C) Driving lessons & a few basic courses on physics 

rated:
hfzeus said:   "Only $89,999"

Yeah, don't exaggerate.

I will not let him take it to high school.  But the GT-R keeps track of accelerator positions and how many G's have been pulled.  If I did not trust him, I can easily look at the readouts.

 Does it have that auto-braking feature to prevent a collision like the Hyundai Genesis?

Great car. Although I'm a Nissan fan, I'm attracted to a 911w/ manual.

rated:
hfzeus said:   
TheDealMaker said:   $1000/yr insurance for a $90k car? How is that possible? Minimum coverage? I am paying almost $1000/yr for a Prius C...
  
I was shocked.  I have high coverage too.

  
You better double check with the agent.  I think the agent misquoted you.  Better know now than be surprised when you get your first bill.

rated:
tante said:   I think I killed the deal. I just called the dealership.
  
Consider it killed in the South East.  I called and asked them the price.  I also mentioned I had to have the specific color and features of the car they have in stock.

rated:
Buy used, a few years old, will be at least 50% off

rated:
Letting a teenager drive this by themselves is a very bad idea. This is a "tree wrapper".

I'm going to call BS. It is impossible to insure a car like that for $1,000 with a teen driver as primary on it. Most if not all companies put the teen on the riskiest car, so unless you have a riskier one this should be three times that, unless you dropped collision.

Wait until your umbrella policy comes up for renewal, it will go up significantly.

rated:
BizE said:   At this price, a Tesla Model S would be a much better value.
  
I test drove the 85KW performance Tesla too.  It is an excellent car and being able to use supercharger stations for free is pretty cool.  Not to mention an 8 year unlimited mileage warranty.

But it really does not come close to the GT-R's performance.

rated:
EradicateSpam said:   Letting a teenager drive this by themselves is a very bad idea. This is a "tree wrapper".

I'm going to call BS. It is impossible to insure a car like that for $1,000 with a teen driver as primary on it. Most if not all companies put the teen on the riskiest car, so unless you have a riskier one this should be three times that, unless you dropped collision.

Wait until your umbrella policy comes up for renewal, it will go up significantly.

  
My kid is not the primary driver. But he has to be on the policy since he has a license and lives in my house.
 

rated:

GT-R (1.18MB)
Disclaimer
nacdaddy said:   
hfzeus said:   
respdoc said:   
hfzeus said:   For someone with that picture in their profile, you should be more informed.

 

  This is true...as one of us actually has the car..and the other hopes to find a magical deal on one. 

  
LOL.  Only one of us got ripped off.

Now I see why you post such nonsense.

  Im gonna need both of you to post a picture with one shoe on and one shoe in your left hand in front of said cars. Problem solved.

 
How is this?


 

rated:
hfzeus said:   How is this?
It's supposed to be a picture of you, not your son.
  

Skipping 14 Messages...
rated:
Nissan is now offering the 10K dealer incentive on 2015 GT-Rs.

This is a great deal in case you missed out on the 2014 model.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014