• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I was just about to use my new cc account coupon to order a SodaStream machine on WalMart.com, and I see that most (though admittedly not all) of the syrups and accessories (like extra bottles) are on clearance. (They are also sold out, which is why I'm posting this in discussion, rather than Hot Deals.) Does anyone know anything about this? Is SodaStream going under or is Wal-Mart just phasing out their stuff? Has anyone seen these clearance prices reflected inside the B&M stores?

Member Summary

sodastream (12.79kB)
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I'm by no means an expert, but I've heard rumblings on the Finance forum that SodaStream wasn't doing well as far as stocks go. But then again, it could be a completely non-stock reason, like they are just getting rid of their summer stock.

rated:

rated:
I got one a year ago for ~$50, did the upgrade to the 32oz co2, and refill it with dry ice about every 3-4mo for ~$4. (takes about 4-5lbs to get the 2lbs needed to fill it up with evap losses)
I make my own ginger ale syrup from bulk stevia and ginger root boiled in water. ($55/lb but 1tsp = ~1c sugar. It lasts and lasts and lasts)
Great tasting and low cal.
I would say get the unit and maybe an couple of extra 1L bottles if you find them on a really good sale.

I don't think they are going under. They are just not a big seller at $100 for the unit and $30 for a regular refill.
WalMart probably has more profitable items for the same shelf space.

rated:
IIRC, I read somewhere that one of the large beverage companies was looking at acquiring SodaStream.

rated:
Coke and Keurig are teaming up to provide Coke products at home, soooooooo ...... Sodastream has had its run, IMO.

rated:
wizardknight said:   I got one a year ago for ~$50, did the upgrade to the 32oz co2, and refill it with dry ice about every 3-4mo for ~$4. (takes about 4-5lbs to get the 2lbs needed to fill it up with evap losses)
I make my own ginger ale syrup from bulk stevia and ginger root boiled in water. ($55/lb but 1tsp = ~1c sugar. It lasts and lasts and lasts)
I would say get the unit and maybe an couple of extra 1L bottles if you find them on a really good sale.

I don't think they are going under. They are just not a big seller at $100 for the unit and $30 for a regular refill.

My mother loves the SodaStream Naturals ginger ale, but it's getting to be really hard to find.  I'd love to get that recipe if you don't mind.

rated:
Sodastream prospects are not that bright. In the past its price went up on rumours that coke or pepsi might be buying it out.
Now that fizzled died out. It revised its revenue recently for 2014.

rated:
SecondGunman said:   
wizardknight said:   I got one a year ago for ~$50, did the upgrade to the 32oz co2, and refill it with dry ice about every 3-4mo for ~$4. (takes about 4-5lbs to get the 2lbs needed to fill it up with evap losses)

My mother loves the SodaStream Naturals ginger ale, but it's getting to be really hard to find.  I'd love to get that recipe if you don't mind.

Sorry man, I tried to post the info, but the post was blocked because the automated system thought it might be spam. The mods would not let it post because it referred to a blog.... of soda recipes.... an obvious direct competitor to FW...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014