• Go to page :
  • 123 4 5
  • Text Only
RDMustang1 .... Um, we are in Hillsboro Oregon, not Hillsboro Texas, so we are a little farther away from the other store in Ohio. Also, I'm not sure which method of shipping priced you out at $9.00 - possibly UPS Ground? I beleive USPS would be there in 2-3 Days, and may only cost about half that for shipping. I'm not sure what the order contained. Also, in Oregon, we are one of the two states that don't have a Sales Tax - not that it would affect out of state purchases anyway...

Just didn't want you to drive down 60 miles south and not find me, though the drive may me nice....<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif"border=0>

Delldeallover... Do you mean was the PCH Cables site done in Front Page ? Nah... it's a Yahoo Store template. If I designed it, it would've been done in Dreamweaver, where I could read read what was coded. Frontpage is nice if you are designing your first web page and don't care too much about coding, or going back to see what the code means. The Yahoo template was pretty easy to use. If you are commenting because of the buttons...then yeah, I will probably change those later. It's my first trial on some new software, and I have not yet had a chance to pick the style/colors yet. Had some positive and some negative feedback on them already, but they are better than the TEXT buttons they give you with the template (I think they are... )

Hi pcheiden, nice to have your response in the forum. I just got a SONY Digital 8 camcorder. But it seems like I can't plugin the firewire cable coming with PCI firewire card into the camcorder. Isn't iLink connection compatible with firewire? If not, do you carry any ilink cable? Thanks.

Hi. I called on Sunday to confirm an order about the shipping prices. My order # is 2783 and it appears that I WAS indeed charged the FULL $9.03 cents for shipping. I'm aware that we discussed this matter and shipping from Oregon to CA via USPS Priority Mail is NOT $9.03. I thought it was suppose to be adjusted like you said? What's the deal? My order didn't even weigh much. It only consists of:

3 Foot USB 2.0 Type A

3 Foot PS/2 Male - Female Cable

Plastic Drive Mounting x 2
Kit

UTP Cable Stripper
Networking Tool

This shouldn't even weigh more that 1.5 lbs....or even a lb for that matter.

Zclyh3.... your credit WAS indeed issued yesterday when the order shipped out. I don't remember if I hand corrected the invoice or not, but we credited $4.00 back on the Visa card. The weight was over 1 pound, so it shipped out at the 2 pound rate. The total shipping charge was $5.05 which includes our $0.50 handling fee. You will see both the weight and the actual USPS Charge ($4.55) on the USPS Label. Let me know when you get it if the invoice was hand corrected or not, and if you would like me to mail you a Printed Credit Memo Receipt as well.

ShiningStar... there is a 4 Pin and a 6 Pin Firewire Connection - you may need a 4 pin to 6 pin cable, or an adapter. I would check the web (or my site) for pictures that may help you figure out which one you need. And, iLink and Firewire are pretty much one in the same.

pcheiden said:

<< Zclyh3.... your credit WAS indeed issued yesterday when the order shipped out. I don't remember if I hand corrected the invoice or not, but we credited $4.00 back on the Visa card. The weight was over 1 pound, so it shipped out at the 2 pound rate. The total shipping charge was $5.05 which includes our $0.50 handling fee. You will see both the weight and the actual USPS Charge ($4.55) on the USPS Label. Let me know when you get it if the invoice was hand corrected or not, and if you would like me to mail you a Printed Credit Memo Receipt as well. >>



Thanks for the fast reply. I'll be checking my bank statement and awaiting my package! I'll be returning for more stuff.

iLink and Firewire: same protocol, different sized plugs. Chances are your PCI card is Firewire (6 pin, large), and your camcorder is iLink (4 pin, small). I'm kinda surprised your PCI firewire card didn't have the 6 to 4 pin firewire cable.



pcheiden said:

<< ShiningStar... there is a 4 Pin and a 6 Pin Firewire Connection - you may need a 4 pin to 6 pin cable, or an adapter. I would check the web (or my site) for pictures that may help you figure out which one you need. And, iLink and Firewire are pretty much one in the same. >>


The official protocol is IEEE 1394. iLink is Sony's trademark and FireWire is Apple's. I believe Apple came up with the original idea. I'm sure there is a site that explains all that.

VaporGuy said:

<< iLink and Firewire: same protocol, different sized plugs. Chances are your PCI card is Firewire (6 pin, large), and your camcorder is iLink (4 pin, small). I'm kinda surprised your PCI firewire card didn't have the 6 to 4 pin firewire cable.



pcheiden said:

<< ShiningStar... there is a 4 Pin and a 6 Pin Firewire Connection - you may need a 4 pin to 6 pin cable, or an adapter. I would check the web (or my site) for pictures that may help you figure out which one you need. And, iLink and Firewire are pretty much one in the same. >>

>>


So I noticed under "Tools, Fans and Accessories" there aren't any fans. Maybe they're hidden somewhere else? <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif"border=0>

kagejishin said:

<< So I noticed under "Tools, Fans and Accessories" there aren't any fans. Maybe they're hidden somewhere else? <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif"border=0> >>



They are under "case mods" but the prices are nothing special.

pcheiden said:

<< ShiningStar... there is a 4 Pin and a 6 Pin Firewire Connection - you may need a 4 pin to 6 pin cable, or an adapter. I would check the web (or my site) for pictures that may help you figure out which one you need. And, iLink and Firewire are pretty much one in the same. >>



Didn't notice that. I am digging arround as well, thanks a lot.

pcheiden said:

<< Delldeallover... Do you mean was the PCH Cables site done in Front Page ? Nah... it's a Yahoo Store template. If I designed it, it would've been done in Dreamweaver, where I could read read what was coded. Frontpage is nice if you are designing your first web page and don't care too much about coding, or going back to see what the code means... >>



FrontPage is every bit as powerful as DreamWeaver, and considerably easier to use. Most (if not all) of the DreamWeaver users are much like *nix people, who go on and on about "...how much more powerful their product is..." but don't understand that both of them do exactly the same thing. Same goes for Jasc Paint Shop Pro vs. Adobe PhotoShop - PSP is far easier and reads all the PhotoShop files natively.

I do all my work in FrontPage, mostly in the HTML code view, only occassionally dropping into the WYSIWYG interface to quickly create a table, cel arrangement, etc. I also have DreamWeaver, and I personally don't like it because of how complicated it makes things. But it annoys me to no end when people talk about how "great" DreamWeaver is and how "bad" FrontPage is.

For a decent comparison, you can see THIS review of both products head-to-head; however, it's not correct since FrontPage CAN and does work with layers. As you can see, point for point, the two products are virtually the same. It's a Ford/Chevy thing, and either is fine - but bashing either simply shows ignorance.

You probably need the 4-pin at the camcorder end and 6-pin at the PC end.

Here is an example from a quick Google search: FireWire cables

ShiningStar said:

<< pcheiden said:

<< ShiningStar... there is a 4 Pin and a 6 Pin Firewire Connection - you may need a 4 pin to 6 pin cable, or an adapter. I would check the web (or my site) for pictures that may help you figure out which one you need. And, iLink and Firewire are pretty much one in the same. >>



Didn't notice that. I am digging arround as well, thanks a lot.
>>


pcheiden said:

<< RDMustang1 .... Um, we are in Hillsboro Oregon, not Hillsboro Texas, so we are a little farther away from the other store in Ohio. Also, I'm not sure which method of shipping priced you out at $9.00 - possibly UPS Ground? I beleive USPS would be there in 2-3 Days, and may only cost about half that for shipping. I'm not sure what the order contained. Also, in Oregon, we are one of the two states that don't have a Sales Tax - not that it would affect out of state purchases anyway...

Just didn't want you to drive down 60 miles south and not find me, though the drive may me nice....<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif"border=0>
>>



Heh.. I wasn't really paying attention when looking into your location.

As far as shipping.. US Priority was $9.05 and UPS Ground was $8.45. I liked your website better and definitely your prices but in the end (after shipping) your price was 37.5% more so I went with the other company.

RDMustang1 said:

<< pcheiden said:

<< RDMustang1 .... Um, we are in Hillsboro Oregon, not Hillsboro Texas, so we are a little farther away from the other store in Ohio. Also, I'm not sure which method of shipping priced you out at $9.00 - possibly UPS Ground? I beleive USPS would be there in 2-3 Days, and may only cost about half that for shipping. I'm not sure what the order contained. Also, in Oregon, we are one of the two states that don't have a Sales Tax - not that it would affect out of state purchases anyway...

Just didn't want you to drive down 60 miles south and not find me, though the drive may me nice....<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif"border=0>
>>



Heh.. I wasn't really paying attention when looking into your location.

As far as shipping.. US Priority was $9.05 and UPS Ground was $8.45. I liked your website better and definitely your prices but in the end (after shipping) your price was 37.5% more so I went with the other company.
>>



Dude, he adjusts the shipping for you after he ships it. Since he doesn't have time to weigh every single freakin' item, he just just estimating. Once he gets the final amount for shipping, he charges that same amount to your card. He will credit the difference.

All I was trying to say was that Frontpage puts way to much "stuff" in the HTML coding which makes it more difficult to re-read. It is definitly the easier one to use, and it is what I designed my first few pages with. I just took a basic Dreamweaver class, and bought the educational version, and although it's very difficult to learn at first, they have some very nice "tools" that make some things really easy (if not for the much larger learning curve). The HTML coding on Dreamweaver is much easier on the eyes, and it doesn't add a lot of extra stuff that I don't need. I'm by no means an experience web designer. I was just originally commenting on the post about the "HA HA HA was the page designed in frontpage" and how if I had designed the page, I would use Dreamweaver over Frontpage. I wasn't trying to sound so negative about front page, but hey, I'm sorry if I upset you. It wasn't my intention.

Needum audio cable splitter. For 2 pc to connect to my 5.1 speakers. How.

Edit: Still no one answers my question. I think I am going to be sad.<img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif"border=0>

got my 15 ft. svga cable, in just a couple of days through USPS - I was wrong on my comment about UPS being cheaper, went back and looked. Shot him an email and he changed it on the way out and I saved myself another 3 bucks. Great service, great deal! Thanks again OP!!

best service ever!!

I am looking for S-Video and Component Video cables for DVd to TV... which ones should I get ??

k000 said:

<< I am looking for S-Video and Component Video cables for DVd to TV... which ones should I get ?? >>



??

Get component.

I got my order yesterday. Everything seems fine. He even called me about substituting an oos item. Great service IMHO.

Will you try finding the Terminator Dongle at whole Sale price? This one is for unlocking/upgrading the Sony Ericson T610 Cell Phone that many of us FW bought recently.
Thanks,

hey pch, i tried to email you but haven't gotten a reply yet. i was wondering in your network cables section, what the difference between the two groups:

"Cat5e Molded Boots 350mhz Network Cable - Assorted Colors"
and
"Cat5e Molded Crossover 350Mhz Network Patch Cables with Boots"


-k

pcheiden,
I'm going to buy a few stuff from your site. I'm trying to find a midi cable to connect my Casio music keyboard to my PC. Do you know if you have this? I'm looking on eBay and it could be this thing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3707680493&category=3278

Kairi - if you sent me the email as XeNoGeArZ ... [mailto:bouncer_fx@hotmail.com] I replied. Here is the information again.


One is a crossover cable, and one is a straight through cable.

Standard networks where PC's are hooked up to a wall, and to hubs and routers and racks, those mostly use the standard straight through cable.

A crossover cable is used to network two computers without using a hub. Crossover cables may also be required for connecting a cable or DSL modem to a wireless Gateway or Access Point. Instead of traversing the cable in parallel paths between the plugs, the signals "crossover."

I want you to understand that its not ALWAYS required, and only a manual could tell you for sure (or someone else who knows your brand) whether or not you will need a crossover cable.



Does this help ?

Sp1ral - I believe this is what you are looking for. It's listed under Miscellaneous Cables on my site...

http://store.pchcables.com/6fomicaset.html

Also, when you are on our site, you can use the search button to look for anything. Typing in MIDI for example, will even pull up the DB15 Gender Changers that would fit onto Midi Plugs !! It even searches the text inside each page, not just the headings.

Spotrun.... was this Erickson phone dongle question for me? If so, I can't get them. I'd like to find a cell phone parts distributor, but I don't even know where to begin on that one yet.... sorry

very nice prices. i placed an order a couple days ago and was wondering if we get a shipping confirmation?

You are supposed to, but in all honesty, right now, we are a bit behind on all the updates. We are a small shop, and were not honestly expecting that something as simple as someone posting about us here would more than double our daily online orders. We ran out of some cables that we normally never run out of, and as some people have noticed with the time stamps on my emails to them, I have been working much longer later hours. If you contact me directly through email sales@pchcables.com then I can directly answer your order status question.

If it was USPS Priority Mail - I can tell you that the post office is really really happy with my two trips a day to drop off 20-30 Priority Mail packages to them ( lol )

Thread has now been moved from "Hot Deals" to "Deal Discussion", since it seems to have turned into "help" and "customer service" type comments.

I hope the rest of the folks can find it. There's a lot of good info in here.

KP4SYS said:

<< Thread has now been moved from "Hot Deals" to "Deal Discussion", since it seems to have turned into "help" and "customer service" type comments.

I hope the rest of the folks can find it. There's a lot of good info in here.
>>

Uh...of course if you are reading this message then you have already found it. Please disregard.

Umm...interesting decision to move this to deal discussion considering the deals are still valid.

As someone else posted, most of the discussion is questions for the store owner. There are no specific hot deals, just good prices on cables & very responsive customer service.

Personally, I think it borders on advertisement. But better here than nowhere else.

Sorry. I will stop answering questions or posting here. Didn't mean to do any advertising.

Bye All.

RightHere said:

<< KP4SYS said:

<< Thread has now been moved from "Hot Deals" to "Deal Discussion", since it seems to have turned into "help" and "customer service" type comments.

I hope the rest of the folks can find it. There's a lot of good info in here.
>>

Uh...of course if you are reading this message then you have already found it. Please disregard.
>>

[sarcasm] No, I actually think you got here 'cause you read my mind [/sarcasm] I would normally disregard your comment... but sometimes I can't resist (unfortunately, maybe I'm too much like you).

Anyway, it was supposed to be a "soft bump". I hate bumps, but it seems that this was as useless as one of them. My intent was so that newbies and others (who are too lazy to do a search - for something other than PCH) could find it at the top of the pile, but it still got burried.

By the way, I agree with you in that the thread basically contains good prices on cables and very responsive customer service from pcheiden. I hate to see him stop posting, but I think the mods would eventually put a lock on the thread if they perceive it as advertising.

I hope pcheiden reconsiders his decision to quit posting. Maybe we should just PM him with some of the inventory questions, which border on advertising. He's already been discovered by our members, so it won't take much for us to scan his web page and find the new bargains. Once we see something we like, we can post it to this thread discussion or as a separate Hot Deal.

Sounds like a plan. Should i post the 15 cent Midi cables?

Sorry



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014