***Official 700m Owners Thread***

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • 1 234553
  • Page
  • Text Only
rated:
I managed to nab one from the 19th!

Man...this laptop is everything i expected-- AND THEN SOME.

Question to all, what are you accessorizing yours with? I recently came up on a v500 logitech. This thing complements the 700m so well, both in looks and size. I highly recommend one!

The only thing i need is a decent case/sleeve. Any recommendations? If anyone has an extra gap bag they'd like to sell me, i'd gladly kick over a few extra dollars for the trouble

Fellow 700m owners, how do you like yours so far?

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE ENJOYING IT AS MUCH AS I AM! :-D

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Ask Dell.

mav14 (Oct. 31, 2007 @ 8:19p) |

kids pulled wire from pwr supply and pulled it off motherboard. Anyone that need parts I will part out or sell all 150... (more)

shaker58 (Oct. 31, 2007 @ 9:11p) |

With or without the kids?

c3 (Oct. 31, 2007 @ 9:19p) |

I'm still waiting for mine , though it did ship today

So far I only bought a gap sleeve/bag.

don't really need anything else; already have the microsoft notebook mouse....

haha..congrats, man. You should be getting it soon then!

Question, which wifi did you get? the Dell or the intel?

I hear mixed reviews....i ended up getting the Dell 1350 myself.

Anyone with a review between the two?

Please share your experiences.

I'd share your enthusiasm, if only they would deliver the darn thing

that v500 is sweet tho. im debating between that or the Benq m310 from Amazon. how's the wireless connection with the usb ports on the left and mouse on the right side?

and does your hdd have the infamous clicking noise as well?

there was a FW thread about some shock-absorbing sleeve that fits well with the 700m (from japan?). might wanna look into, alto i recall a somewhat hefty price..

no clicking noise that i've detected (yet)

although, i'm knockin on wood...haha

Yeah, the v500 is very well worth the purchase. It has an iPod like interface (touch senstive scroll) that some may find gimmicky, while others may find genius. Another great point is the 7* liftable chassis that adds more girth to it's body. ]

By the way, the RF performance of this thing is awesome. No stutter or lag, very responsive and crisp.

I checked out the benq 310...that seems like a very solid mouse, not bad for it's price!

Oh, and thanks for lookin out with that Gap bag! That shinza seems like a really good sleeve, but i don't know. For $40? That was almost the price of the v500 :-/

I am satisfied with my 700m so far. I've complained about the small font and the small . keystroke in another thread. Well, after you get used to it, it is fine.

I've got a sleeve from Shinza.com, as suggested by another thread. I found it fit my 700M with 8-cell batery perfectly.

another problem bothers me a little bit is that the "remove device" icon always shows in the system tray after I reinstalled the whole system with xp pro. It is no big deal, but I will appreciate anyone who can give me some advice to get rid of it.

I've read reviews for the mouse and they sound good but $50+ for a mouse is too pricey for my $600 lappy. How much did u get yours for?

dongg said: another problem bothers me a little bit is that the "remove device" icon always shows in the system tray after I reinstalled the whole system with xp pro. It is no big deal, but I will appreciate anyone who can give me some advice to get rid of it.

what remove device? i can help

Where did you buy the GAP bag/sleeve from? B&M or online?

i will post once i get mine - im on with india now - its in boxing stage - guy down the hall from me ordered EXACTLY my specs 35 mins AFTER mine and his already shipped this morning.

hey guys, i bought the kensington mouse, the one where the usb is L shaped directly when i ordered the laptop, it sitll hasnt shipped, now i am debating whether to cancel it and ge tthe v500, but the questions is, where is the v500 selling? is it online only? or can i get it ni stores becuz i wasnt able to find it in any retail stores near me.

also, how is the usb shape for the v500?

xmastatazx said: hey guys, i bought the kensington mouse, the one where the usb is L shaped directly when i ordered the laptop, it sitll hasnt shipped, now i am debating whether to cancel it and ge tthe v500, but the questions is, where is the v500 selling? is it online only? or can i get it ni stores becuz i wasnt able to find it in any retail stores near me.

also, how is the usb shape for the v500?

It is $51.99 on Amazon with free shipping and no tax (for most). On eBay it is at about $56.00. I am looking for a mouse for my laptop, but $50 sounds like a lot, I would spend about $20 on one.

i love the laptop but still haven't reinstalled "Dell" windoze install . but it runs pretty fast with the extra 512mb stick i added. i plan on reinstalling windows this weekend, after i sign up for included 6 months of aol. this laptop is great, but my only complain prolly it is with most laptops is that the screen gets dusty real quick, and i really don't want to clean it until i get some cleaning kit for lcd screens. i got the b wireless (now i kinda regret i cuz i could've gotten b/g). otherwise this laptop is great. watched dvd and the screen looks awesome. on a side not my dvd/cdrw make slightly hearable clicking noise, but i guess that's how they work. also the complains about the touchpad buttons are true. they look and feel very cheap and i don't want to use them (i configured the touchpad to replace the buttons). im very happy with the purchase, and this lappy replaces old IBM which im selling (with a little tear in the eye )

o yeah im lookin for a good lappy mouse as well but $50 is way over my budget especially after the laptop purchase. so i hope some good deal on one is gonna come around.

lillazyfats81 said: dongg said: another problem bothers me a little bit is that the "remove device" icon always shows in the system tray after I reinstalled the whole system with xp pro. It is no big deal, but I will appreciate anyone who can give me some advice to get rid of it.

what remove device? i can help

the SONY DVD/CD-RW rom. It was not there in the orginal xp home system. After I formatted harddrive and reinstalled pro, it is there .... forever.

LiVeOrDiE said: and i really don't want to clean it until i get some cleaning kit for lcd screens.

actually there is some cleaning kit in the box. didn't you notice?

dongg said: LiVeOrDiE said: and i really don't want to clean it until i get some cleaning kit for lcd screens.

actually there is some cleaning kit in the box. didn't you notice?

yea i noticed and already used one. they don't look like they can be reused.

you originally had xp hopme, reformatted and re-installed xp prof?

did you re-install it from a non-Dell xp pro?

ive heard that non-Dell xp installs can slow down and cause problems with Dell machies, ive experienced it, i think Dell tweaks thir OS's

xmastatazx said: you originally had xp hopme, reformatted and re-installed xp prof?

did you re-install it from a non-Dell xp pro?

ive heard that non-Dell xp installs can slow down and cause problems with Dell machies, ive experienced it, i think Dell tweaks thir OS's

tewaks the OS, you mean by installing all the memory hungry BS progs. i think doing fresh install and "tweaking" it yourself will definately improve your laptop performance.

I love my Logitech Mouseman Traveler

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=4986

Mac

so has anybody format the hd and reinstalled winxp? if so how stable is it and how much space were you able to open up with the reinstall?

I deleted the hidden partitions and then reinstalled xp, seems fine. Also ordered a Dell leather laptop case designed for D series Inspiron. The quality is surprisingly nice and the 700m fits securely with plenty of pockets for papers, accessories. The only downside is that the Dell logo is literally everywhere (Zipper pulls, front latch, all over the exterior bag.) I used one of my $50 concession coupons and picked it up for $12 earlier in the week when all accessories were 10% off. I was tempted to buy the shinza cases but I need the functionality of an actual bag.

Could someone post a link of the Gap laptop sleeve?

Went to GAP today didn't find the GAP sleeve that was posted on the other thread.

i love this thing so much....light and tight...beautiful ...

quiet as hell...no heat like my hunk of compaq laptop...screen is bright and sharp...HD not clicking as all...been on it since 2:30cst

this is what i bought for the laptop..hoep it fits well

http://www.eBags.com/sumdex/compact_computer_brief/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=42698

ON5LAUGHT said: Could someone post a link of the Gap laptop sleeve?

It's not online, in store only. The sale is over, at least in my area it is, it's back to $19.99 from the previous $11.99.

Semarin said: ON5LAUGHT said: Could someone post a link of the Gap laptop sleeve?

It's not online, in store only. The sale is over, at least in my area it is, it's back to $19.99 from the previous $11.99.

it should scan at 11.99 even if it is not marked so.

mercilesz said: i love this thing so much....light and tight...beautiful ...

quiet as hell...no heat like my hunk of compaq laptop...screen is bright and sharp...HD not clicking as all...been on it since 2:30cst

http://www.eBags.com/sumdex/compact_computer_brief/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=42698

Yep, love my 700m also. Just added another 256 megs of ram to it, runs even smoother than before. That case isn't bad for the money, I might jump on that one since I was looking for a cheap one that fits the 700m halfway decent. Don't forget to do the 6% FatCash through eBags...

mercilesz said: i love this thing so much....light and tight...beautiful ...

will this fit 700m with extra battery?

Does anyone's right mouse button seem kind of lose and cheap?..Mine doesnt even make a click noise when I push on it like the left mouse button does..Do you guys think I should call Dell and ask for a replacement?

jersiboy said: mercilesz said: i love this thing so much....light and tight...beautiful ...

will this fit 700m with extra battery?

i will let you know when i get it next week

PHARMD10 said: Does anyone's right mouse button seem kind of lose and cheap?..Mine doesnt even make a click noise when I push on it like the left mouse button does..Do you guys think I should call Dell and ask for a replacement?

now that u mentioned it...it sank fron the middle a bit...but i still get the click noise

mercilesz said: PHARMD10 said: Does anyone's right mouse button seem kind of lose and cheap?..Mine doesnt even make a click noise when I push on it like the left mouse button does..Do you guys think I should call Dell and ask for a replacement?

now that u mentioned it...it sank fron the middle a bit...but i still get the click noise

Yeah mine clicks once in a while but not all the time..Mine was made in china and not malaysia I wonder if that could be a factor in the cheap mouse button

All of you owners of the 700m, do NOT ... I repeat do NOT try to update your BIOS to A01 (newest one) it will kill your computer.

I just received mine today, did the update ... and now I have a brick, I went to the Dell forums for help, and it seems that this is happening a lot.

I just hope is not too late for you.

My Dell 700m computer is dead because of the new bios

Dell was nice enough to throw in the 300m slip cover carrying case for my 700m ($44.10 value). I was curious whether it will fit my 700m. They had no clue, and I didn't want to go for the D400/X300 slip carrying case ($89.10) that WILL fit the 700m but I'd rather have a smaller carrying case.

Here's the 300m slip cover:
300m Leather Case

Here's the D400/X300 slip cover:
D400/X300 Leather Case

Anyone have any clue? The 300m is 0.9 inches smaller in width than the 700m. Will the leather case have that much leeway or even stretch? Or should I forget it and tell them to switch to the bigger D400 case?

diacritic said: Semarin said: ON5LAUGHT said: Could someone post a link of the Gap laptop sleeve?

it should scan at 11.99 even if it is not marked so.

dropped by a gap close to home...didn't see any of the laptop bag...

I got my 700m on mon and then the monitor was blacke dout since then. I have asked Dell have it exchanged

Skipping 2058 Messages...
shaker58 said: kids pulled wire from pwr supply and pulled it off motherboard. Anyone that need parts I will part out or sell all 150.00 broken

With or without the kids?

• Archived From: ForumsDeal Discussion

• 1 234553
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014