• 1 2345423
  • Page
  • Text Only
rated:
NO PROFIT , eBay , I AM GETTING THIS ### AMOUNT AT LAUNCH TALKS, ETC = NOT HERE start a new thread
about that. THIS TREAD IS ONLY ABOUT PREORDERING SYSTEMS AND GAMES FOR THE SONY PLAYSTATION 3 SYSTEM.

11-17-06 = 12:01am = WalMart / 24 hour (B&M) - start to sell single systems = expect lines= TICKETS MAYBE????
11-17-06 = 12:01am = BESTBUY(B&M) - start to sell single systems = expect lines = TICKETS MAYBE????No PS3 Replacement Plan, No Employee Discount
11-17-06 = 12:01am = TARGET / 24 hour (B&M) - start to sell single systems = expect lines
11-17-06 = 12:01am = KMART / 24 hour (B&M) - start to sell single systems = expect lines
11-17-06 = 12:01am = GameStop / eb (B&M) - people who preorder at 10-10-06 - should be able to pick up systems at certain stores
11-17-06 = 7am = sams club (B&M)- Business Members buys sells that early thanks "vegastaco" informs me that also normal member also showed up at that time.
11-17-06 = ???Am = Costco (B&M)- selling systems that early
11-17-06 = ???am = BJs (B&M)- selling systems that early
11-17-06 = 8am = WalMart normal - starting selling single systems
11-17-06 = 8am = target (B&M)- starting selling single systems
11-17-06 = 8am holiday hours = toysRus (B&M) - starting selling single systems
11-17-06 = 8am = FRYS (B&M)- starting selling single systems plus bundles thanks "UTMBstudent"
11-17-06 = 9am = kmart (B&M)- starting selling single systems
11-17-06 = 9am = Sears (B&M) - starting selling single systems
11-17-06 = 9am = CompUSA (B&M)- starting selling single systems
11-17-06 = 10am = GameStop / eb (B&M)- should be able to pick up the rest of the preorders at this time if you didnt go at midnight
11-17-06 = 10am = bestbuy (B&M) - starting selling single systems - if they didnt open at a new time
11-17-06 = 8am or 10am YMMV = Circuit City (B&M) - starting selling single systems - might be able to buy online and handing out tickets.thanks "UTMBstudent"
11-17-06 = 10am = Blockbuster (B&M) - starting selling single systems
11-17-06 = 10am = KBToys (B&M) - starting selling single systems - maybe not because i dont see them selling systems anymore.

FOR MORE INFO
http://www.ps3preorder.net/us/

November 7, 2006 Call of Duty 3 Activision Shooter
November 7, 2006 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Activision Action RPG
November 7, 2006 Tony Hawk's Project 8 Activision Sports
November 7, 2006 Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom Sony Online Entertainment Action RPG
November 14, 2006 Madden NFL 07 Electronic Arts Sports
November 14, 2006 NBA 2K7 2K Sports Sports
November 14, 2006 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 Electronic Arts Sports
November 14, 2006 Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft Flight
November 14, 2006 Full Auto 2: Battlelines SEGA Racing Action
November 14, 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog SEGA Platformer
November 14, 2006 NHL 2K7 2K Sports Sports
November 17, 2006 Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire Bandai Action
November 17, 2006 NBA '07 Sony Computer Entertainment Sports
November 17, 2006 flOw Sony Computer Entertainment Action
November 17, 2006 Blast Factor Sony Computer Entertainment Shooter
November 17, 2006 Ridge Racer 7 NAMCO BANDAI Group Racing
November 17, 2006 Genji: Days of the Blade Sony Computer Entertainment Action
November 17, 2006 Resistance: Fall of Man Sony Computer Entertainment Shooter

Edit by Moderator - this thread is under moderation to limit arguments and squabbles.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
cool thread. Even though I like the 360 better.

freebiefinderguy (Jul. 19, 2007 @ 10:07a) |

Bump. Sony must be crazy.
When the item is in demand to the point of short inventory, lower the price more???
That's just ... (more)

scrock (Aug. 05, 2007 @ 12:30p) |

Hold on a second. Demand? "Short inventory"? Buahahahahaa

goog40 (Aug. 05, 2007 @ 12:52p) |

Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

WebMon
--WebMon is a freeware web page update monitoring program. With the proper configuration file list it can be used to monitor sites like Amazon, Wal-Mart.com, EBgames, ect. for in-stock or pre-order availability of the PS3. All information concerning WebMon should be directed to the following thread as it will be considered off topic in this thread.

Updated WebMon Lists for PS3

All Systems Will Contain
--1-- Blu-Ray Drive
--2-- Full High Definition including 1080p output.
--3-- Cell Processor Technology
--4-- Bluetooth Dual Shock 3 Controller with "Six Degrees Of Freedom" Axis Sensors.
--5-- HDMI Output (See Official Website or Wikipedia for more on HDMI)

$499 Version
--1-- 20GB Hard Drive*

$599 Version
--1-- 60GB Hard Drive*
--2-- Memory Card Slot (For Compact Flash, Secure Digital, and Memory Stick)
--3-- Additional Wireless Capability (802.11b/g)
--4-- Silver-colored logo and trim

*Hard drives upgradeable

Launch Information - Updated 11/15/2006
---- Launches Nov 11 in Japan; Launches Nov 17 (Friday) In United States; UK Launch DELAYED until March 2007
---- Initial Quantity Available at Launch Slashed From 2,000,000 Units To Only 480,000 Units (400,000 in U.S. And 80,000 For Japan)
---- A total WORLDWIDE quantity of 2 Million Units during the Holiday Shopping Season (Slashed from 4 Million Units) [1 to 1.2 million units available by December 31 in North America]
---- A total WORLDWIDE quantity of 6 Million Units to be shipped prior to March 31, 2007 (Unchanged from previous announcements)
---- Reported that Sony cut the shipments from 400,000 to 170,000-200,000. This is the worst console launch to date.

*Japanese launch totals slashed another %20 due to manufactering problems.

U.S. Store Links And Availability

Stores With No Presale - First Come First Serve On Launch Day
Best Buy: Store managers indicating there will be no presale. First come, first served on launch day.
Target:
KMart:
WalMart: Minimum 10 units per store (thanks for the link sas26!)

Other Stores
Amazon
EBgames/GameStop:
Kohls:
Circuity City 6 stores getting 100 units (no details on the rest yet)
Sam's:
Costco:
Toys R Us:
Sears:
JC Penney:

More Helpful Links
PS3Grabber.com
PS3Preorders.com
Maxconsole.net

From kotaku.com -
Here are the places that you can go for a Best Buy midnight release.
* Park Lane, TX
* West LA, CA
* Chesterfield, MO
* El Cajon
* Superstition Springs, AZ
* Chapel Hill, OH
* Richfield, MN
* Galleria, TX
* Downers Grove, IL
* Wester Hollywood, CA
* Ann Arbor, MI
* Gwinnet, GA
* Hialeah, FL
* South Tampa, FL
* Mt Laurel, NJ
* Manhattan NoHo, NY
* Landmark, MA
* Manhattan Midtown, NY

There have been many requests in the thread for eBay rules and information regarding PS3s. Although this doesn't have to do with presales, it is much easier to refer someone to the Online Auction forum so that the thread continues to stay somewhat on topic. Thanks for your help!

UPC
PS3 20GB
PS3 60GB
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm back and wanted to say hi to everyone!!

Agreed, you cant preorder yet.

lol... ok we're prepared

found another comfirmed date that states released in 2006 - sweet

At the recent CEATEC event in Japan Sony Corporations Chairman and CEO, Sir Howard Stringer talked about Sony’s role in the Consumer Electronics world, and how PSP, PS3 and the CELL will bring us the next generation of digital entertainment.

"The PS3, due out in Spring, promises to be our biggest breakthrough yet. Words do not adequately convey the visual and emotional impact of the PS3. It plays in high definition and high drama. And it plays Blu-ray, the high-definition disc that will become the standard of excellence for new generation of recording media."

"The Cell microprocessor which Sony developed with IBM and Toshiba clearly sets the PS3 apart. It is 35 times faster than the processor in the PS2. 10 times the power of a standard PC and twice the processing power of Microsoft's new Xbox360. This technology allows for super computer like performance, moving quality images and the degree of realism that is simply amazing in a home gaming device. It's been said in the press that no other chip in the world can touch it. We are confident that this is true."

PS3Portal has put together a summary of some of the main points of Sir Howard Stringer's keynote speech. So make sure read the full story at their site.

Not to burst the bubble, but there had been talk that Sony might delay the PS3 until Fall 2006 or even 2007, depending on how well the X360 does and if sales of the PS2 stay strong.

http://news.com.com/Analyst+Sony+could+delay+PS3/2100-1043_3-5820868.html

A note buried deep in an analyst's eight-page memo about Electronic Arts has gotten video game console gadflies buzzing about the possibility that Sony might delay the launch of its much-awaited PlayStation 3.

Release dates are among the most closely watched elements of the forthcoming wave of next-generation game consoles, particularly Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PS3.

With that in mind, Microsoft had appeared to be in the fast lane when it announced earlier this year that the Xbox 360 will be available this holiday season. Sony expects the PS3 to hit the streets early next year, giving the Xbox a lead of several months in garnering attention and sales.

But Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter thinks that chronology may prove inaccurate. He believes Microsoft, which reportedly has plans for only 10 to 12 games to be available for the Xbox 360's launch, will fall far short of dominating the market. Pachter also wrote that he expects Sony to try to undercut the Xbox 360 launch by lowering the price of its still-popular PlayStation 2 to $99.

All together, Pachter told CNET News.com, he thinks that the Xbox 360 launch will not go as well as Microsoft hopes and that, "What I'm trying to highlight here is that Sony has options."

And those options, he wrote in his memo--which focused on his outlook for Electronic Arts, but also touched on the upcoming market for console games--include "the possibility that the PS3 launch will slip early into 2007."

But Pachter is clear that he would view such a delay as something Sony would do only if it feels it doesn't need to keep up with any potential market lead Microsoft would get from releasing the Xbox 360 first. Rather, his opinion was that Sony could take such a step from a position of strength, not from any problems with getting the PS3 to market.

Microsoft said it doesn't comment on speculation. Sony didn't return requests for comment.

Not everyone agrees with Pachter's reasoning.

Richard Doherty, president of the analyst firm Envisioneering, said briefings he's gotten from Sony lead him to believe the company is sticking to its original plan.

"Every division of Sony is committed to the PS3 for the spring of next year, which we believe will be at (the game industry's trade show) E3," Doherty said. "They are committed to the second quarter of 2006."

I'll just wait for the 2nd shipment to see what some of the problems might be.

Would be hot if launched before x-mas

troop said: Would be hot if launched before x-mas

yes it would but is this a deal to discuss, now?

Why would we buy a PS3...xbox360=superior

Let the flames begin.

man i hope the ps3 launch isnt like the 360 launch. i know alot more people want ps3 than 360. its going to be crazy

godsped2001 said: man i hope the ps3 launch isnt like the 360 launch. i know alot more people want ps3 than 360. its going to be crazy

I am giving you a bump buddy!!

i don't care one way or the other
my ps2 has dre with the one game i bought it to play
the new ps2 power adapters are melting and being recalled -- the bb here had a sign in the ps2 section even
and 75% of the ps3s that got shipped to game developers also melted?

eb and GameStop the same company incidentally

budsuncle said: i don't care one way or the other
my ps2 has dre with the one game i bought it to play
the new ps2 power adapters are melting and being recalled -- the bb here had a sign in the ps2 section even
and 75% of the ps3s that got shipped to game developers also melted?

eb and GameStop the same company incidentally

where did you hear/see this:

75% of the ps3s that got shipped to game developers also melted?

Please post a link, I & many others I'm sure would be very very interested, thanks!

will post three
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/46079.html
http://www.clubskill.com/Game_News/2058/PlayStation_3_-_Over_a_Year_Delay_Possible
while i'm at it
http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000420067137/

godsped2001 said: man i hope the ps3 launch isnt like the 360 launch. i know alot more people want ps3 than 360. its going to be crazy

me 2....blu-ray baby........screw m$..though I'll probably buy their xbox 1 1/2 then sell it when the ps3 come out.

i've already double-checked my accounts on EBgames and GameStop to make sure they have all my info so when pre-orders for the ps3 are ready im just going to BUY!

hopefully this will get pushed back for the holiday rush next year

hearing reports that fye is taking preorders of ps3.
dont run - Fly - to find out this is true???

just called 2 fye stores closest to me and a no go. YET

if GameStop offers a preorder soon.
are you going to put the full amount down to insure first shippment?
i think i will and also differnet stores. i will probably pick up 2 of them if they are $400 each.

my local EB GAMES store is taking unofficial pre-orders. just taking names down, then when they get a sku they will call you and you can put money down.

dont bother preordering. if you guys learned anything from the xbox preorder even if you put ur name down u arent guaranteed one at launch. And besides i doubt there will be a shortage when its released in the summer, its like 5 or 6 months away form the holidays as opposed to the 360

CHAOSMAN said: dont bother preordering. if you guys learned anything from the xbox preorder even if you put ur name down u arent guaranteed one at launch. And besides i doubt there will be a shortage when its released in the summer, its like 5 or 6 months away form the holidays as opposed to the 360

having it be released in the summer is not really a valid arguement. there will be more kids available to stand in lines with nothing better to do (kids in high school, college kids, etc). also they will probably have summer jobs which will give them extra money which makes it even more likely that they will be buying one. holiday does not really play that much of a factor when it comes to a new console launch, it is the heightened excitement which comes from years of hype and event footage.

i do agree that putting your name down at a local retailer is a waste of time.

there is a small discussion here talking about pre-order tactics and i've commented on past ps2 launch versus xbox360. i also suspect the ps3 launch will have enough units avilable. especially after their recent DRM rootkit scandal, they will most likely want to satisfy customers.

It seemed with the Xbox360 launch that if you went to EBgames, etc. and put down more than just the deposit and you were one of the early people on the list, you got a console. As long as you keep up with the Playstation 3 forums and go in the moment they become available for presale, you should be able to get a PS3, right?

Also, I stopped in at a GameStop in Houston last week and asked when pre-orders would start up. He said check back next May after E3 for the official date...that seems like an eternity from now. Hopefully, he's very, very wrong.

Next May, he is crazy, try next March.

juice22 said: godsped2001 said: man i hope the ps3 launch isnt like the 360 launch. i know alot more people want ps3 than 360. its going to be crazy

me 2....blu-ray baby........screw m$..though I'll probably buy their xbox 1 1/2 then sell it when the ps3 come out.

screw m$ and you gonna buy an XBOX until ps3 comes out lol! who's side are you on?

I wonder if we can use our Sony certificates from AMEX wishlist to preorder a PS3?

I just made a PS3 preorder. I preordered 2 of them. It was hard to find a place that took official preorders but I do have a receipt. The only catch is they will make me buy 3 games, a controller, and a memory card =(.

Where did you preordre from?

i am so ready for the ps3!!!

usadaytrader
we would like to know where you preordered your ps3. so we can beat the rush and ces when all the other stores start to preorder.
also was this a unoffical preorder that some are posting?
(example - wish or waiting list)

godsped2001 said: usadaytrader
we would like to know where you preordered your ps3. so we can beat the rush and ces when all the other stores start to preorder.

Sorry guys, I was away. I preordered from Saturday Matinee in Temecula, CA. They are a Fye's company. Its official, because it scans out, and I got a receipt, which she told me is gold, and don;t ever lose it or leave it in my wallet.

HOPE THIS HELPS

usadaytrader said: godsped2001 said: usadaytrader

Sorry guys, I was away. I preordered from Saturday Matinee in Temecula, CA. They are a Fye's company. Its official, because it scans out, and I got a receipt, which she told me is gold, and don;t ever lose it or leave it in my wallet.

just keep your fingers crossed that company can stay in business long enough to see the PS3 launch. ;P

diecastbeatdown said: usadaytrader said: godsped2001 said: usadaytrader

just keep your fingers crossed that company can stay in business long enough to see the PS3 launch. ;P

They were there before the PS2 came out. They filled all their preorders for xboxes and PS2's, and 360's when they came out

usadaytrader said: diecastbeatdown said: usadaytrader said: godsped2001 said: usadaytrader

They were there before the PS2 came out. They filled all their preorders for xboxes and PS2's, and 360's when they came out

i was only joking, hence the wink - hard to tell on the net i know. but good to know they have been around, we just don't have them out here in Florida - at least I have not seen one in Central Florida (trying to locate via google now). I'll look into FYE though, maybe they are taking Ps3 pre-orders.

diecastbeatdown said: usadaytrader said: diecastbeatdown said: usadaytrader said: godsped2001 said: usadaytrader

i was only joking, hence the wink - hard to tell on the net i know. but good to know they have been around, we just don't have them out here in Florida - at least I have not seen one in Central Florida (trying to locate via google now). I'll look into FYE though, maybe they are taking Ps3 pre-orders.

Gotcha. Theres probabaly no need to preorder, I didn't want to take any chances. People think Sony will have enough for everyone.

FYE supposedly has pre-orders at their B&M locations. I think it is $50 deposit to get one.

Skipping 16846 Messages...
scrock said: Bump. Sony must be crazy.
When the item is in demand to the point of short inventory, lower the price more???
That's just crazy.

Hold on a second. Demand? "Short inventory"? Buahahahahaa

• Archived From: ForumsDeal Discussion

• 1 2345423
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014