Target's Return Policy?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I bought a 15 in LCD TV recently from Target instore and well, I just don'e really like the size...its too small to be used as a conventional television. Its been about a week since I bought it and well whats the return policy on returning the LCD TV? is there a restock fee or something?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Firedude328 said: [Q]I bought a 15 in LCD TV recently from Target instore and well, I just don'e really like the size...its too small to be used as a conventional television. Its been about a week since I bought it and well whats the return policy on returning the LCD TV? is there a restock fee or something?

Call Target and ask them! It is as simple as that...each store has different return policies...every Target is probably different depending on the person you get. Why rely on a stranger in a forum to answer a question...get the correct answer by picking up the phone and calling before you drag the tv back. Do you still have all the original packing?

Target does charge a restocking fee on electronics. I believe it is 15%.

To clarify a couple statements above, Target does not charge a restocking fee on electronic items if they are returned with all the correct components and packaging. Otherwise, it is up to their discretion to charge a fee.

Also, all Target stores have the same return policies. What may differ is the willingness of a manager to bend said policies, so be nice to them!

That said, you should have no problem returning your TV as long as you have your receipt and all the packaging and components.

Like many retailers, Target's Return/Exchange Policy are printed on the reverse side of the register tape.

[Q]All returns and exchanges must be new, unused and contain all original packaging and accessories. Some items cannot be retuned if opened, including music, movies, video games, software and collectibles. Some items are subject to a 15% restocking fee, including camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD and portable electronics. Other restrictions may apply.

A receipt dated within 90 days is required for all returns and exchanges.

no restocking fee.

Target Stores Return Policy

We will issue a full refund for most items returned within 90 days in new condition, with the original receipt or packing slip, packaging and accessories.

Also, please note:

* Music, movies, video games, software and collectibles must be returned unopened.
* Camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players and portable electronics are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
* Holiday and Seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of the return will be refunded at the current clearance price.
* Any purchase made by check may be refunded as a merchandise voucher.
* Refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect value of free gift or discount.
* Other restrictions may apply.

All other returns or exchanges — including those without a receipt — will be offered manufacturers' warranty and repair assistance at 1-800-303-0308.

Don’t have your receipt?
In most instances, Target stores can verify purchases made within the last 90 days on a store account, third-party charge account, check or GiftCard using our unique Receipt Look-up system.

To return an item purchased on Target.com:
You can return most items purchased on Target.com to a Target store. If you choose to return your item to a store, shipping and handling and gift-wrap charges cannot be refunded.

To return a Target.com item to a store, you must have an in-store receipt from our Web site. To print a receipt, visit our Online Returns Center.

The following items cannot be returned to a Target store, and must be returned by mail:

• Items listed as “Web only” on their product description page.
• Items purchased from the Amazon.com store at Target.com.
• Items that have been replaced because they were defective, damaged or incorrect.

To find out if your item can be returned to a Target store, visit our Online Returns Center. The “Method of return” drop-down box will let you know if the item can be returned to a store.

Learn more about the Target.com Return Policy.

Still need help? Contact Us.

Target may have all that written down..but they will look at the box, tv, etc and determine if they are charging a fee. OP should call and ask...or go in and talk to them. Each case is different so no one can say for sure what the store is doing. It seems like they would charge something since it is used merchandise and they can't sell it as new.

That may be the whole point of it in your opinion. Some folks need help finding information sometimes. It is not a bad thing to be helpful in the FW community.

I've returned a wireless security camera that I did not think had good range and an under cabinet LCD TV/Radio player that worked fine but I found and bought a further-reduced price one the next week at Target so returned the $40 more one. In each case, they accepted the returns with no fee or hassles. Credited my charge card account and I provided the receipt and it was within the 90 day limit.

Target is wonderful with returns. If you lost the receipt they can scan your credit card and pull it up that way. I have never had any problems returning electronics, even after having used them. Never been charged a restocking fee either. If the picture is not clear, just tell them that.....

kirbydog said: [Q]Like many retailers, Target's Return/Exchange Policy are printed on the reverse side of the register tape.

[Q]All returns and exchanges must be new, unused and contain all original packaging and accessories. Some items cannot be retuned if opened, including music, movies, video games, software and collectibles. Some items are subject to a 15% restocking fee, including camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD and portable electronics. Other restrictions may apply.

A receipt dated within 90 days is required for all returns and exchanges.

I'm thinking some of the posters here haven't actually tried to return anything to Target lately. The key word here is UNUSED, and many targets are starting to enforce it. OP did use his TV and threfore he is stuck with it. We have recently (~last 4 months) been rejected on 2 different items, both at 2 different Targets each. Both items had been 'used' once but in brand new condition, new box, all contents, etc., just taken out, plugged in, packed up. REJECTED. One item I felt was defective (very loud fan), but they said you just have to return it to the manufacturer. If OP admits he took the TV out and plugged it in, he may have a difficult time returning it. In our case WalMart sold the same items and don't require a receipt, so we just returned them there.

BTW There are other threads on Target's cruddy return policy. Bottom line, once you buy it and open it, it's yours, defective or not.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014