• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
About this time in February the past two years, Costco has put out a discount coupon for their Harmonics laminate floor. I'm hoping that they'll give out coupons this February, too. I just wanted to ask those of you who purchased the Harmonics laminate how you like it? Is it holding up well? How does it hold up to water spills and pet accidents?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
How easy or difficult is this stuff to install? Are they any online easy tutorials? Thanks!

JF7FSU (Jun. 05, 2006 @ 10:50p) |

JF7FSU said: <blockquote><hr>How easy or difficult is this stuff to install? Are they any online easy tutorials? Thanks... (more)

flyiguy (Jun. 05, 2006 @ 11:30p) |

<a target="_new" href="/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&url=http://www.thelaminatestore.com/step.asp">Here are some laminate... (more)

sc0rpio (Jun. 06, 2006 @ 12:13a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Your dream came true as Costco has them w/ $5 off again from Feb 13- Mar 6

do you wax that stuff? When i got the house here, We had folks come in for about a week or two a whole crew of immigrants who would not explain anything other than "Get out the door!!" with these pads and a buffing machine. god knows the floor was slippery must have cost a fortune for the # of hours they were there. (Assuming it was legit pay)

anyways.

In this basement where i keep the computers there is a finished bathroom with that textured-white stuff. I think its plastic-rubbery. I'd like to rip it out and put some cheap wood-looking stuff in without having to do enormous amount of labor. any idea how good that stuff is?

I just use it to drop bombs nobody really uses the sink/shower just curious it would look better.

I installed it in my kitchen and then my living room and dining room. It holds up pretty well. LR/DR is looking great. My old dishwasher overflowed and a decent amount of water spilled on the floor. I cleaned it up immediately and for the most part it was okay. However, in the immediate area right near the dishwasher, there is slight buckling in the floor. You can't really see it unless you are very close to it. All in all, I am pleased with the price/value ratio of the product. You can't expect it to be the best thing on the market, but it is very good for its price point.

I installed this in two bedrooms in my house and it looks pretty good and is holding up well.

more durable than real hardwood. i'm a fan

Love it

rigor said: [Q]I just use it to drop bombs nobody really uses the sink/shower just curious it would look better.TMI!

I love it!

Bought it last year during their $5 coupon sale...Best price around including HD and Lowes...For me, it was cheaper than putting carpet down. No wax needed, just vacuum it and it is clean!!!

I have 2 dogs and there is no scratching to report..

BJ's carries Hampton 10mm laminate floor w/the underlayment already attached to the boards. It's inexpensive at $27 for 21 sq.ft box ($1.28 a sq.foot). It's made by Sequoia and comes in 3 colors: N35, N45, and N52.

KingUltra said: [Q]Your dream came true as Costco has them w/ $5 off again from Feb 13- Mar 6

Will they be available at all costco ? I couldn't find it on costco.com

Thanks,

This review wasn't too favorable about the Costco laminate...

I really like how my Costco laminate came out. I installed it in August, and it looks good as new.

That review you linked isn't really fair or accurate. Costco laminate is a rebranded QuickStep which they give much higher marks. They gave it 2 stars for warranty, when it should be 5 because Costco warrants it practically for life. The pattern looks better than my parent's laminate flooring which was purchased from Lowe's for more. I forgot the brand of theirs.

I put it in our living room and it looks great. It was one of my easiest home improvement projects, much easier to install than tile and also cheaper.

I put in in my kitchen, dining room, and entryway. So far, it's held up very well and I'm quite pleased with it. I also have dogs, no scratches so far. Only thing that I don't like is that it can get quite slippery but I think that's true for all wood laminate.

Be careful with this year's sale. The style of 3 floors have changed. Personally I don't like them and think last year's was better.

All 3 look much cheaper and worse quality than before.

i'm not too crazy about the new design either. the lines on there that look like they were drawn in pencil or something. what's up with that?

I just picked up some nice laminate floorin from Home Depot. Was on special for 98 cents per square foot.

Can anyone tell me whats involved in the install? Is it easy to do? Can you put over an existing floor or should the old floor be removed.

I just went to the local costco to check out the laminate. Someone did a key test on the brazilian cherry laminate and it scratches down to the light colored core fairly easily. The oak and maple did not scratch.

Has anyone noticed an issue with the brazilian cherry in normal use as far as scratching?

Someone tried the key test on some dark cherry colored traffic master (25year warranty version)at HomeDepot and it scratched just as easily, while the lighter oak colored laminate did not scratch.

Is this typical of the darker colored cherry laminate?

ckportland said: [Q]Be careful with this year's sale. The style of 3 floors have changed. Personally I don't like them and think last year's was better.

All 3 look much cheaper and worse quality than before.

I agree. I just went to Costco to check out the new laminates and it seems that there are new colors now. The Costco I went to had a few boxes of some of the old colors, but 99% of the new ones, whose colors my wife and I aren't thrilled about. Has anyone tried Sam's laminates? They seem to be similar to the Costco ones, but have the padding already attached to the bottom and run around $27.18 a box (and of course, no Costco coupon).

How easy or difficult is this stuff to install? Are they any online easy tutorials? Thanks!

JF7FSU said: [Q]How easy or difficult is this stuff to install? Are they any online easy tutorials? Thanks!

I thought it was pretty easy, although time consuming. My layout was a about 500 sq. in a kitchen and hallway including closets. One thing that took me some time was cutting a half inch off the bottem of all the moldings around the doors ( flooring was them slid under ), and yes you could just take off all you moldings or buy new ones, athough the those options are going to either look like crap or cost alot. Anyway, if you care about how it looks you can do a square room in a day no problem, by yourself, with no skill at all. If it is more complicated like mine was I would say you need to know how to use and have or buy a few tools, know how to measure and have the patience to measure every end board, and have as few distractions as possible. Other then that I think its pretty easy, good luck.

FYI - For anyone looking for the quickstep transitions. They don't sell them at Costco, and if you want them to match up perfect in color, you can go to a carpet store. Although it did take about 8 calls to flooring places in Detroit, I found them for sale at the smallest place, kind of mom and pop place. Anyway, when I went to pay for them (about $150), they said I could go pick them up if I wanted. They sent me to a warehouse that sells flooring for contractors, and I said I wish I knew about this place before I paid the other store. The guy would have taken $40 cash no problem, just something to think about if anyone is looking for the moldings and carpet transitions.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014