• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My membership at BJ's is expiring soon. They want $47.25 to renew for 12 months. Does anyone have a more economical way to renew. I think I have seen some organizations offering lower intoductory rates. Any specific suggestions.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Find a friend to split the cost with. Your membership includes 1 additional card for "household member" but they dont know...

Good suggestion - but the wife is demanding to keep her card and I'm the one who uses the card the most. Any other suggestions?

breyno said: [Q]Good suggestion - but the wife is demanding to keep her card and I'm the one who uses the card the most. Any other suggestions?

get a new wife?

That's a better suggestion!!!!! Attorney fees must be considered.

marriage isn't the cheapest way to get a BJ membership anyway

My local BJ's (Stoneham MA) was having an "Open House".... They were handing out certificates that are a 'one day shopping' pass (with no surcharge). On this certificate, is a coupon for $15 off a membership.

My membership happened to be ending this month, and they wouldn't let me use the $15 coupon as you had to be a new customer. So, I just had my wife signup for a new membership, and she then added me as the second card.

Thanks for the open house idea. I'll watch my local BJ for the next open house day and try to snag a $15 off coupon. Does anyone have one of these coupons available?

Bump. There must be someone out there who does'nt pay the $45 membership fee at BJ's. Spill the beans!

I'm still looking for ideas to reduce the $47.25 annual renewal cost to BJ's. I know there are some smart people in FW!

My BJ's membership just expired...I have heard from the past that they will eventually send you something in the mail to renew at a cheaper rate, so I'm waiting to see.

I also did this a while ago too, but don't know if it still works. I filled out a one-day pass http://www.bjs.com/general/checkusout
I got the pass and a few weeks later i think they sent over a $30 offer. YMMV if this is still the case or not.

Thanks. I registered on line for a one day pass. I'll let you know if I receive a $30 teaser later. Does anyone else have any additional ideas?

Has anyone tried to play a Sam's membership against a BJ membership to try and lower the renewal price? In my town they are very close to each other and I wonder if they compete on the membership price?

If I want a membership, I apply under a membership my one job maintains. It is cheaper to do since there is a corporate membership in place.

Of course, I don't usually have a membership unless I need tires or something big.

scratch off the picture on the card, and use cash while you shop there. They never really look at the picture on the card. So it doesn't matter if you are using your wife card. Tell BJ that you lost the card, and they will replace it for free.

I thought that you had to scan your barcode before the system would let you checkout. I don't think the picture has anything to with checking out. They don't even look at your card when you enter BJ's like they do at Sams. Even if you pay in cash, you must scan your card prior to checking out.

Bump. I still need a way to reduce the cost of renewing my membership at BJ's. Does everybody pay the $47.25 for 12 months? Where are the deal makers on this subject?

At my local BJ's (MA), they are running a promotion - $35 for 18 months.
So I just had my friend buy a membership and add me as an additional member. Worked out great $17.5 for 18 months.

breyno said: [Q]Bump. I still need a way to reduce the cost of renewing my membership at BJ's. Does everybody pay the $47.25 for 12 months? Where are the deal makers on this subject?

lol, you want them to poop gold or something? Just try and wait for an Open House. If it never comes, shop somewhere else or pay the $47.25

The membership price isn't even a lot when you think of how much you'll save over the course of the year.

Does anyone belong to a club or organization that gets a reduced membership price?

Let's take up a collection for this guy so we don't have to read any more of his posts.....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014