California Closets alternatives

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
We're getting ready to turn part of a bedroom into a walk-in closet and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with California Closets or any of the many knock-offs. I'm guessing California Closets is not the best bang for the buck so in true Fatwallet tradition I'd like to find a better deal on a quality product. Any opinions?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

You could try to do it yourself with Rubbermaid or Elfa storage solutions. Ikea is also an option. I think they have a service that helps you with planning the closet layout. We're planning on building out our home with a large master suite and two walk-ins in the next few years and those are the only options I've considered. Going with a California Closets service would probably increase the cost substantially with little or no gain in value to our home making it a poor choice based on our goals.

We did our closet ourselves using the stuff from Lowes. They had several finishes to choose from and many options (shoe racks, drawers, cabinet doors, etc). It came out great.

I did two walkins using this EasyTrack
Very easy to install, I bought it at Sears hardware, but I do not think they have it anymore. They have a store locater that will tell you if someone locally carries it or can order it.

consumer report rated rubbermaid, (track system) and elfa highly.
Container store is having a 25% off sale on elfa shelves until 0ct 22.

I used the store in NYC

I am also looking for a decent solution for my walk in closet. I found the following web site that designs and prices closets. I don't want to start fully from scrap but I also don't want a company coming in and selling me their overprices solution.
I can hang a closet but I am a little bit at a loss doing a good plan.

Easy Closets

Did any of you use a web site like the one above and if yes what is the experience with it ?

Thanks for your replies

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014