WII AVAILABILITY - Phase 2 (post launch updates)

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • 1 2345293
  • Page
  • Text Only
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
costco.com

Bmr4life (Dec. 04, 2007 @ 12:59p) |

Yeah, I'm so glad I stopped there one day before I actually waited on line the next morning. I thought they opened at 9... (more)

safire118 (Dec. 04, 2007 @ 1:02p) |

MVP9596 (Dec. 04, 2007 @ 1:26p) |

Best Buy B&M Availability - Does this do anything?
WiiAlerts - Email/Cellphone alerts for Online stores like amazon,circuitcity.com etc confirmed works. thanks to dealmaddy
WiiSeeker - B&M shipment and eBay auctions information in your area
iTrackr - Another B&M shipment in your area for popular items this season
NOTE - These are not 100% reliable, but their information is very useful.

YMMV, some places are holding units to sell on Sunday.

Updated B&M location(s) with Wii availability:

Here is the target in store availablity Link (cut and paste)
http://www.Target.com/gp/store-info/search.html/602-9935177-2156646?ie=UTF8&asin=B0009VXBAQ

After you enter your zip you will get a blank page, you then need to right click and 'view source code'. The availabilty is buried in the page script but look for:
tempData = new Array();
tempData["storeName"] = trim("East Windsor");
tempData["itemAvailability"] = trim("Out Of Stock");

http://crayz.org/target_wii.php?zip=90210 seems to be gone

Tips for finding some in your area:
GameStop and EB Games - They get their shipments throughout the week and sell them as they arrive. Find out when they get their shipments and sit outside and look for a UPS Truck. Each shipment box comes with two Wiis each.
Stores like WalMart, Circuit City, and Best Buy - They like to hold all units nationwide until Sunday when they can advertise in the local paper. Call on Saturday night to know whether or not they'll have any for sale the next morning. Also check Sales Circular, generally if its going to be advertised they have to have at least a few for sale.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRU, Times Sq B&M still has availability. Went over around 11am - stayed in line quite some time and didn't check out until 3pm but at least they had them for everyone.

Just checked prices on eBay for the first time since the morning and the average price is down 100-150$ already. It is still priced around $450 but expect that number to just keep going down as more and more Wii's get put up.

I had 8 hours of work to do today and ditto tomorrow so maybe its a blessing in disguise that I was the first one who didn't get one at my Target line this morning.

cochiseTX said: Just checked prices on eBay for the first time since the morning and the average price is down 100-150$ already. It is still priced around $450 but expect that number to just keep going down as more and more Wii's get put up.

I had 8 hours of work to do today and ditto tomorrow so maybe its a blessing in disguise that I was the first one who didn't get one at my Target line this morning.

still some nice profit if you scored a couple

I wouldn't have sold it for profit, I wanted a Wii cause I'm a huge Nintendo and Zelda fan and I wanted to play it. If I had got one I def. would be playing it right now (I'm done with my work now).

Right now I would pay 325$ plus shipping for a Wii, but the prices are too expensive for me still. Especially considering the fact that even more Wiis will be launched next week than this week. If anyones looking to sell for a smaller profit, who would right?, let me know

A few of my nintendo happy friends got them no problem without having a preorder or camping in a line. I wouldn't worry about getting one. Availability seems good.

Not worried, just impatient. But like I said I'm loaded with work until Thanksgiving break so its not like it matters much.

Anyways I'll stop dominating this thread with useless gibber that isn't helping anyone.

I can't believe all the eBay resales - for all the ones being sold for $500 there's 20 not selling at all. I don't get it.

I tried 5 different stores today (Target, toysRus, BB, CC, WalMart) and all were sold out or had lines with 3+ hrs waits before opening. Bleh.

Talked to an EBgames person (we all know how that goes), he said call back Tues for more info on their next shipment - he expected next week but also said there was a possibility of having some for Black Friday.

yoyodyne said: I can't believe all the eBay resales - for all the ones being sold for $500 there's 20 not selling at all. I don't get it.

I tried 5 different stores today (Target, toysRus, BB, CC, WalMart) and all were sold out or had lines with 3+ hrs waits before opening. Bleh.

Talked to an EBgames person (we all know how that goes), he said call back Tues for more info on their next shipment - he expected next week but also said there was a possibility of having some for Black Friday.

It sould like aregional thing. There were still tons (a least 40+ per store I visited) here at mid-day. Plus there have been ample online opportunities for those wanting one to get on without much effort or having go to eBay to get one. For example Sears.com had the unbundled Wii consle at the $249.99 MSRP. It wa posted just after midnight EST and it iwas over 12 hours today before they finally sold out.

I just went to my costco today (monday 11-20) and they said there first in store shipment is tommorow. I don't know if this is all Cosco or just mine.

I live in Santa Clarita, CA (southern cali)

do you have the Sears link?

Keep this thread going. I would like some tips on getting one for the kids for Xmas. My son is a huge Mario fan....he was Mario for Halloween.

Keep hearing rumors that some places might be getting more tomorrow - if not this weekend for sure.
Also reading that some eBay auctions are going for under retail price, mostly bundles though.

i opened up my wii tonight for the first time and i must say.... Im very impressed... its very innovative and a cool experience..

the baseball in wii sports is fuuuuuuuuun....

I called about 12 EB/Gamestops around my place(626/909 So.Cal) and only one said that they will have some tomorrow. The rest pretty much said BF. BF is the biggest shopping day. I believe they will hold them until Friday so they can beat last years sales goal.

The GameStops I've called have said BF as well. I think they are just holding some for BF and won't sell any before that.

Anyone heard of any of the big retailers (TRU, Best Buy, WalMart, Target) getting additional Wii shipments?

I've also been calling around without much success. I talked to a GameStop manager that said they have "a few" Wii's, but they are reserved for people who got defective consoles. He also said they'd "probably" have "a few" on Friday, and that I could try lining up early on Fri. morning to get one, but it would be tough.

One Target dispatcher that I talked to this morning said that they didn't have any, but I should call back every day, "maybe even this afternoon"... not sure if that was a hint, or just random friendly advice. I just called back and got shot down yet again.

I will post again if I have any success, but so far it is looking like a trip to GameStop or somewhere else at an ungodly hour on Friday morning is the best bet.

Well...

I've been calling around, since I was unable to stand in line on Sunday. One associate at GameStop actually laughed at me over the phone! My local Targets both said to try calling everyday. "It may even be worth it just to come by this Wednesday morning?"

Looks like I'll be standing in line on Friday morning...I'm looking forward to it!

^^ i feel a ban coming on.

Yup, I've been making calls too, and it seems like most places are getting more this week, they just don't know when.

megamands said: I just went to my costco today (monday 11-20) and they said there first in store shipment is tommorow. I don't know if this is all Cosco or just mine.

I live in Santa Clarita, CA (southern cali)

got there at 7am and was number 25 out of 46. The Cosco bundle includes Wii + Zelda + Excite bike for $339.99+tax.

Good deal

For those who don't mind paying a little extra eBay prices keep inching towards retails on just the console or packages with just Zelda added on.

Found this blog post:

http://toddcox.com/wordpress/nfblog/

Besides the fact that the author is a whiney little baby who expects BB to be his buddy, it just adds weight to everyone's suspicions that stores are holding their stocks until Friday. Time to plan out another list of stores to visit at 5am Friday morning.

I can vouch for him. Two of my good buddies works at a Best Buy one told me that they got a shipment today. So I figure I'd call up and see if I can snag one.

"We don't have any in stock."
"Do you know when the next shipment is coming in?"
"No, but hopefully by Friday, you understand right?"
"Yep. Thanks."
"No problem."

i can vouch for that also, they DO have them, but are saving them. they ARE told to lie to customers so they can sell accessories + warranty.

i work in a best buy (not FOR best buy) and i have seen them PURPOSELY take accessories that go on sale off the shelf until the sale is over.
example: 512 SD cards were 9.99 on sale, they had 25 in but the manager of the camera department took them off the shelf and put them in the back and told camera employees to tell customers they sold out. Same with the fuji camera that went on sale for $99.99 this week.

I SAW IT HAPPEN, i am a rep in the DI department.

edit: also, employees are brainwashed to sell ONLY canon cameras to customers, they put down all other models. same with the TV department, they are brainwashed to ONLY sell samsung. i believe they get paid by these companies to lie.

and Circuit City does not do these tasteless tricks, i worked there for 3 years and they never once told me to hide stuff or lie to customers about what we have. i guess thats why money wise they are doing so bad.

Went to CC (Moorestown NJ) today to try to get Madden and I was told they are holding them in the back. Considering the games were on sale this week (get $10 gift card if you buy 2) it's a little sketchy. All PS3 games/accessories were also being held (but they aren't on sale).

On launch date Sunday when I didn't make it in time, another CC employee (Plymouth Meeting PA) told me to come back on BF, that they will definitely have some then, but you'll have to come early.

Seems like CC is holding a lot for Friday.

Well, so much for picking one up before BF. I'd say at this point, the best bet it stopping by Wal-Mart. Every Wal-Mart is managed differently and I could actually see them wanting to get rid of their inventory before hand to avoid even more chaos. Wal-Mart's never pretty on BF.

Am I the only one confused by the lack of Component cable availability? My son has a 21" HD Monitor. We have do 480p widescreen on Madden 2002 on gamecube. Basically we would be downgrading with the WII because you can't get the component cables until January. What a fiasco.

best buy's ad says a min. or 15 on sunday, and one i called said to expect some out on black fiday.

if we can get one at 5am there me and a friend are going to a GameStop that said to come friday at 7am... i really wish i would have had one for tomorrow all day before dinner.

my plan is bestbuy at at opening and if not GameStop at 7. what is everyone else doing?

~mikeb
ps. i'm in camden co. south jersey

I've talked to a couple of different people who work at Best Buy's and they confirmed they have them, but aren't selling any until Black Friday and the rest on Sunday.

I hit Best Buy this morning in search of a Wii, but no luck. I did get one of the $250 Toshiba Laptops though.

I guess I'll have to see if they have some on Sunday.

I went to 2 EBgames this morning... the first had 3 Wii's, the second only had 2. I'm starting to become impatient & frustrated, eBay is looking more and more appealing. I may give Best Buy a try on Sunday, but I am tired of getting up before the sun to wait in line.

got one on Wednesday at Gamerush in Michigan. Called them and asked if they had any. They said they were getting a shipment that day at 6 hopefully. So I called back at 5 and they had just gotten 2 in, and were nice enough to hold one for me until I arrived. Of course, the other was gone too when I got there.

joemama1982 said: I went to 2 EBgames this morning... the first had 3 Wii's, the second only had 2. I'm starting to become impatient & frustrated, eBay is looking more and more appealing. I may give Best Buy a try on Sunday, but I am tired of getting up before the sun to wait in line.

You can use eBay without paying more than $280...

This is what I did to get a 2nd WII for myself(I sold the first one on sunday). Search for the "wii" and check off the boxes "completed listings" and "items in my area w/in 100 miles" then you enter your zipcode and click "search"

Try and look for a WII that had no bids from someone with 0 feedback (ie.eBay newcomer)and a somewhat reasonable price (in my case $350). Since they are local to you, you can offer $270 and an additional $10 for eBay fees so that they don't come out at a loss.

You can write a little more in the email, explaining that more are hitting stores, driving down prices and their lack of feedback on eBay is not going to give them a sale.

After doing this, I picked up a brand new in box WII for $280 cash yesterday.

^^^ That's not a bad idea (tried that myself on someone who had 3 Wii's for sale, but they all ended up selling for $350+).

Also went to GameStop today, 6 Wii's and I was about 15th in line. Yay.
Hoping more hit stores next week...From what I'm hearing, Target/Wal*Mart didn't get (m)any, which makes me think they should this week.

Got one at TRU his morning. Phoenix AZ
BB to have them in their Sunday ads this week. Each BB supposed to hold onto them for Sunday.

no dice at EB games

Devyan1 said: no dice at EB games

A few EBgames/GameStop around my area had less than 10 units per store or in some stores none at all. I guess I'll have to keep waiting for my JCPenny order to come through.

toys r us in columbus ohio had a couple earlier today but i didn't get one as they required you to buy 3 games with the console

Skipping 11668 Messages...

• Archived From: ForumsDeal Discussion

• 1 2345293
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014