B&H Photo Discount Code works for 400+ items

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
B&H Photo has a "Pro" discount code that gives a variable percent discount on select equipment. Currently it is psnov. If you go to their website and do a search on psnov, it will bring up 434 items on sale, then you narrow the search by brand. If you find an item from the search and want to compare prices, enter the item name into the search box and it will bring up the normal price item. It seems that the discounted items have psnov in the front of the item number and the non-discounted items don't.

I've heard that they eventually change the code, but it is usually "PS" then the first three letters of a recent month. There is no psjan, no psdec, but there was a psmay, psaug, and a pssep. Check later for a psfeb.

I have not personally made a purchase with this code, but I'm told it works well, so possibly YMMV?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
hi all, psjan..... really works...I tried them... and found some nice deals on a tripods, also thinking of purchasing a ... (more)

aprilbear (Apr. 05, 2007 @ 6:59a) |

Anybody ever find one of these codes good for a Sony, Yamaha, or Polk Audio active subwoofer? I went through most of the... (more)

exiled1 (Apr. 13, 2007 @ 5:40p) |

Does anybody know of any new codes ? The existing codes still work, but some of the code prices are now actually higher ... (more)

QuickSweetDeal (May. 12, 2007 @ 1:12a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

dont know what are you talking about....too long to read...sorry.

SixthDay said: dont know what are you talking about....too long to read...sorry.

Hope this helps.

SixthDay said: dont know what are you talking about....too long to read...sorry.

yet you mustered up the energy to post? Its a paragraph, not a 8 page story...

Seems to take about $10 off stuff under $1,000 and $20 off stuff over $1,000 if I checked correctly. Not bad if you can't find anything else...

michi098 said: Seems to take about $10 off stuff under $1,000 and $20 off stuff over $1,000 if I checked correctly. Not bad if you can't find anything else...

Depends on the product...

Nikon 70-200 VR drops from $1614 to $1514

michi098 said: Seems to take about $10 off stuff under $1,000 and $20 off stuff over $1,000 if I checked correctly. Not bad if you can't find anything else...

took 20 off $500 scanner I looked it.

awesome deal. i've never seen B&H coupons before. Thanks!

Thanks SOOOOO Much OP! As a photog, I buy stuff from B&H all the time. Several items I have on my wish list came up in the search. Green 4U!!

Awesome... the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for $419 and the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM for $789.

dwittig00 said: awesome deal. i've never seen B&H coupons before. Thanks!

Generally these are from discount flyers they give out at expos and promotion events. I had gone to a photoshop workshop a few years back sponsored by software cinema and B&H. B&H had a table set up along w/ a six or so page catalogue w/ discounted items for anyone who attended. But anyone would really be able to buy them at the discounted price if they knew the item number like the OP mentioned.

Here is something interesting:

The Canon HD camcorder HV10.

Its psnov price is 999

Search for HV10 in pricegrabber and it shows its available for 949 at BH. Click the link, you see it for 949.

I wonder what list pricegrabber searches against.

Good post OP I've ordered with these codes. I think I ordered psmar item on June last year. Not a bad price on Canon 10-22mm and 24-105mm. It's not YMMV, good deal.

I'd rather pay a little more and buy from B&H than other sites (including DHell..)

Viru said: I wonder what list pricegrabber searches against.

Just regular stock. And yes, sometimes things are cheaper in regular stock than using the PSxxx codes. As usual, you have to look around when you shop.

I hate asking this but I've searched the checkout process for a while and cannot find where to input the code. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Just put "psdec" (without "")in the search then browse the result, the price is cheaper than normal. Add to cart and buy, no need to put any code during checkout.

Graffitti said: Awesome... the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for $419 and the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM for $789.

I have both of these on my Rebel XTi and am very happy with both. I have noticed I need a little more reach on the 17-50, so I plan on getting the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 through Amazon with my AMEX WC... I tried the Sigma 24-70 and wasn't happy with the size [Filter size 82?!] or weight compared to the Tamron 28-75... My Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 I think is as sharp as my buddies 70-200 f/2.8L... but he paid an extra 800$ for IS [I scored the Sigma @ Dell for 705 shipped w/ tax when they had that crazy 15%+10% deal going on...]

D200 for $1299. Too bad, I already bought from Ritz for $1399 (+printer) 3 weeks ago.

psdec doesn't work

edwardzhu said: psdec doesn't work

Yep, we knew that. That's why you should use psnov.

warm

Markfaafp said: warm

Why is it warm?

Thanks OP. Pretty nice deal on a some stuff that I never seem to find on sale.

i just bought a Canon EF 24-105mm F/4L Image Stabilizer USM lense (link below) using psnov. Just enter psnov in the search field and 400 products come up. The lense is $1059, and using psnov takes $100 off bringing it down to $959 and then there's a canon $50 rebate - it's a good deal.

Link to Canon EF 24-105 F4 IS Lense

If you don't find the item you want in the list after entering a code, try a different month i.e. try psnov first if you don't find the item there, try psoct

thewatosh said: B&H Photo has a "Pro" discount code that gives a variable percent discount on select equipment. Currently it is psnov. If you go to their website and do a search on psnov, it will bring up 434 items on sale, then you narrow the search by brand. If you find an item from the search and want to compare prices, enter the item name into the search box and it will bring up the normal price item. It seems that the discounted items have psnov in the front of the item number and the non-discounted items don't.

I've heard that they eventually change the code, but it is usually "PS" then the first three letters of a recent month. There is no psjan, no psdec, but there was a psmay, psaug, and a pssep. Check later for a psfeb.

I have not personally made a purchase with this code, but I'm told it works well, so possibly YMMV?

This is way old. They do this all the time. Every couple of months the code changes. This one is already a couple months old.

FatUglyStupid said: This is way old. They do this all the time. Every couple of months the code changes. This one is already a couple months old.

Then why didn't you post it long ago so that we could all have saved some money months ago?

Thanks OP!

The Canon Elura 100 nets you $60 knocking it down from $350 to $290. The shipping ends up being cheaper too, went from $10.30 to $9.80.

aphexII said:

Aaaaaaaah, my all time FAVORITE lens!!! I wound up getting it after rebate a few years ago for about $1200 something, but haven't seen anything like that since.

tashayar said: aphexII said:

Aaaaaaaah, my all time FAVORITE lens!!! I wound up getting it after rebate a few years ago for about $1200 something, but haven't seen anything like that since.

I broke down and paid around $1,400 for mine and love it. Amazing lens.

thewatosh said: B&H Photo has a "Pro" discount code that gives a variable percent discount on select equipment.
To clarify -- this is NOT a "'Pro' discount" per se. It's a discout made available to attendees of a trade show or training event we've sponsored or co-sponsored. The distinction is important and we prefer to be accurate.

Edit by Mod-Contact information removed

Henry,

Thanks for posting the clarification, and thanks for the professionalism, knowledge and integrity that your company has provided through the years.

The Watosh - a satisfied previous and future B&H Customer

Thanks so much, OP!

In for 10 rolls of Kodak Tri-X, including shipping (no tax for CA), each 36 exposure roll comes out to $3.xx, almost half the price of what I've been paying so far!

I'm curious if purchasing items from this discount code cause any problem with rebates such as those for canon or the Bogen tripods.

wesbc said: I'm curious if purchasing items from this discount code cause any problem with rebates such as those for canon or the Bogen tripods.

None whatever.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video, Inc.

wesbc said: I'm curious if purchasing items from this discount code cause any problem with rebates such as those for canon or the Bogen tripods.

None at all

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video, Inc.

The lens has shows a retail (no code) price of $1615 - $75 rebate = $1540. The discount at $1515 is cheaper and may still qualify for rebate too.

But it is buyer beware. The SD900 is $15 more expensive by using the code.

Graffitti said: Awesome... the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for $419 and the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM for $789.

I have been wanting the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 lens. I found it at beachcamera.com for $388 after a $10 rebate. Here is the link.

bandhphoto said: wesbc said: I'm curious if purchasing items from this discount code cause any problem with rebates such as those for canon or the Bogen tripods.

None at all

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video, Inc.

Henry,

Could you turn your PM on, I have a question. Maybe you can answer here. I'm interested in the Bogen tripod, but reading a post on dpreview, they were talking about Bogen making a change on the head mount from alloy to plastic and the guy that recently ordered one had both damaged. I'm interested in it, but that concerns me and would like to know if it is the case.

Thanks

Skipping 12 Messages...
Does anybody know of any new codes ? The existing codes still work, but some of the code prices are now actually higher than the regular price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014