Defective Bostonian shoes? No worries.

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
There are a some deals on Bostonian shoes posted in the Hot Deals forum from time to time plus they are a popular brand, so I thought I'd share a bit of info on their warranty repair policies and practices, which are outstanding.

I bought a pair of Bostonian lace-up dress shoes last summer from BargainOutfitters.com
for around $30, regularly $110 and although I really liked them, the leather separated from the shoe at the joint with the sole on the side after wearing them only 8-10 times. My local cobbler told me the shoes were defective and to return them, so I called Bostonian's customer service number, (800) 624-7463 and discovered they have contracted with Zappos.com to do their customer service. The extremely friendly Zappos CSR took down my info, said they don't need to waste my time or money on shipping costs waiting to receive from me a pair of defective shoes they'd just throw away anyway, so she said they'd just ship me a new pair. She didn't ask me for proof of purchase, either. Since they no longer carry that model shoe, she told me to pick any model of Bostonian shoe Zappos carries. I called back after looking over Zappos' selection, said I liked the Ritz model of calfskin cap toe in chili (rich reddish brown) and she said "we'll ship them out today next-day air so you'll get them tomorrow" without hesitating, even though this was a $149 shoe. I can't imagine getting better customer service than that.

I had an almost identical problem with a pair of $180 Johnston & Murphy shoes, their CSR was less than friendly when I called, they made me pay to ship the shoe back to them, they repaired it rather than replacing it and several weeks later sent my repaired shoes back. I probably won't bother with J&M shoes again, especially since the two-year old pair of J&M wingtips look almost as worn as my 12 year old pair of Allen Edmonds wingtips, wearing each of them roughly the same number of days (2-3) per week.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014