QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

FREE Movie Screening Discussion Thread - Feel free to discuss.

17 of 40
+2
Wolfkin
6/27/08 8:16 AM
kronus said:

The theatre for Hancock collected all cellphones and anything that had a screen, even old black and white ipods, and put them in manila envelopes. There was a guy with a metal detector wand. Some people got in with phones by playing dumb, but then pulled them out in the theatre after they sat down and were told to go back out and give them up. Ironically, there were these guys after the movie that whipped laptops from somewhere and another guy had a large device with a screen I saw glowing, maybe blackberry/iphone like. Initially I thought "press/critic?" but I asked the wand guy about the laptop dudes at the end when we were getting phones back, and he said that they weren't as far as he knew and that they tried their best to keep all devices out. How these guys got thru, or WHY they whipped out a laptop right after the movie is a mystery.

where are you? I don't think I've ever been to a screening where they actually went thru with the phone removal threat i see on all passes.
+1
testingthis
7/1/08 8:32 AM
It's 6:30am PST and the RSVP for Hellboy II is closed already? Did anyone get an RSVP for the LA or Orange screening or are the RSVPs just not open yet?
+2
TheBlackEmpty
7/3/08 9:52 AM
Did anyone else have problems with Film Metro last night?
I tried to sign in and the site informed me that my e-mail and password did not match, which is of course not true. I have been using that same password and e-mail for a couple of years now on that website. Just wondering if it was only me or is the website messed up for everyone. It was very upsetting because I stayed up so late to get tickets for a screening that was going up at 1:00 in the morning and it was a waste of time.

TBE...
+2
LuvWarrior01
7/3/08 11:13 AM
I also had the same problems with FilmMetro. I tried this morning and had the same problem. I hit reload a few times and finally was able to logon.

A few weeks ago, the problem I had with them is that they released tix a few days earlier than the date stated they would be available. I even emailed them and I got an auto-reply stating they received the email, but they never emailed me back. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
+2
TheBlackEmpty
7/4/08 8:10 AM
I can dig that Luv, with film Metro its always been hit or miss, fortunatly it more hits than misses. I grabbed tics for Meet Dave, and the Rocker last night. I don't live in one of the favored cities though, so I miss out on a lot of screenings. Sometimes I wish I lived in Cali or Florida, they seem to get a whole lot of free screenings.

TBE...
+1
kronus
7/6/08 11:02 PM
TheBlackEmpty said:

I can dig that Luv, with film Metro its always been hit or miss, fortunatly it more hits than misses. I grabbed tics for Meet Dave, and the Rocker last night. I don't live in one of the favored cities though, so I miss out on a lot of screenings. Sometimes I wish I lived in Cali or Florida, they seem to get a whole lot of free screenings.

TBE...

Imagine the amount of people in these dense areas that hit the site trying to sign up for them Maybe some screenings are better than never getting in because of all the Cali people hitting it at once Just an idea...
+1
supersarah
7/13/08 1:39 PM
It's all quite odd. I've never had any luck with these......
+1
ChauTrinh
7/23/08 11:27 AM
Thanks to everyone who posted these sreening. Just got an email from volition for the Mummy in Boston.
+1
Ruger
7/23/08 1:43 PM
elliedoom said:

This one is fishy:

What legitimate movie promotions company uses a Hotmail address?

Might be intentional. Might be part of a larger MS agreement. I know...long shot...but more and more companies are trying stuff like this to look less corporate. Youtube anyone?
+1
kronus
7/24/08 6:15 PM
FilmMetro puts up some movies randomly with no warning and they're immediately available, such as Tropic Thunder went up sometime today and is sold out for Chicago.
17 of 40
Please select a reason for your RED vote:
You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.