QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

FREE Movie Screening Discussion Thread - Feel free to discuss.

+1
CATCH21
7/18/07 12:58 AM
I am sooooo soryy about the Victoria Gardens. They Gave way too many invites to Cosmo.
+1
MrNobody2006
7/18/07 5:49 AM
MY Goodness, I feel so badly for all that didn't get a chance to see HAIRSPRAY on Monday July 16th. I had already seen it so i did not attend the Lincoln Square one in NYC. I really would like to know how it turned out for New Yorkers as well especially since on that same day, the cast and fabulous ones and LUCKY contest winners and all were whooping it up at the Red Carpet Premiere at the Zeigfeld
+1
swiviol
7/18/07 9:22 AM
Did anyone see No Reservations last night? How was it?
+1
kimplovely
7/18/07 3:22 PM
In regards to my previous post about the HAIRSPRAY incident: I wrote New Line Cinema about my experience and they responded today and are giving me 2 free movie tickets via Hollywoodmoviemoney~ so, if you had gone, and had a bad experience (didn't get in because of the ticket issue) then i really suggest emailing them!

^_^
+1
swiviol
7/18/07 4:14 PM
kimplovely said:

In regards to my previous post about the HAIRSPRAY incident: I wrote New Line Cinema about my experience and they responded today and are giving me 2 free movie tickets via Hollywoodmoviemoney~ so, if you had gone, and had a bad experience (didn't get in because of the ticket issue) then i really suggest emailing them!

^_^

I just emailed them (did you use the "Contact Us" feature on their website, or a direct email address??) so hopefully I'll get a result as well .
+1
elliedoom
7/18/07 9:06 PM
ItiedLance2mybed said:

I was at the Chicago screening last night and it was insane! The guy who was by the escalators was telling people that the E-vites were fake and people who had them shouldn't even be in line. About 20 minutes later the same dude went on about how it was a private screening and the only way you were going to get in was with the hardpasses. So...around 7:15 he was rambling about how there was only 60 people in the theatre with hardpasses so there be ao good chance of getting in. 7:30 rolls around and I think may be 30% of the line got in. Then they announced the show as full, but yet people with hardpasses were getting admitted...there was a group of 10 people getting in on ONE pass! We stuck around and got passes for Chuck and Larry and some other movie, but again no passes for Hairspray. Then the dude who was giving the passes away started telling people that he saw Hairspray and it was a great movie...well the remaining crowd got even more upset and in turn got envelopes to fill out and they would be sent passes for a future movie. It was absolutely ridiculous and if they E-vites were fakes then why were they letting people stand in line?

\

Which theater in Chicago was this?
+1
ItiedLance2mybed
7/19/07 4:08 PM
This was at the 600 North theater on Ontario. I'm thinking I might e-mail New Line too.
+1
elliedoom
7/21/07 11:24 AM
Here's another suspicious one.
Chicagogal said:

CHICAGO

My Best Friend Movie
EM: mybestfriendmovie @ yahoo.com
Write what qualities you want to see in a best friend.
Include name, address, age, email.

Who's giving away these tickets, and why do they have a Yahoo! address?
+1
Mooncalf
7/23/07 5:48 AM
Has anyone been able to successfully opt out and have their personal info removed from the wildaboutmovies site?

I can't say I've ever come across a more unscrupulous site and site owner as they seem to take pride in the amount of lies and runarounds offered rather than respecting ones right to have their info permanently removed (yet they ironically repeatedly state that if one does opt out they can never ever return and will be banned from the site.. I wish!).

I've finally started forwarding all of their emails to the FTC spam address, spamcop, Lavasoft's Ad-aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Microsoft's anti-spyware group, CastleCops, MVPS HOSTS file site, Sitadvisor, reporting the emails to my ISP's blacklist as well as contacting some of the studios that supposedly partner with the site.

Won't surprise me if that guy uses this forum to spam me like he did one time after I voted negative on a WAM post either.
+1
zippy301
7/25/07 4:29 PM
delete
Please select a reason for your RED vote:
You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.