QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

FREE Movie Screening Discussion Thread - Feel free to discuss.

First page
1 of 40
+7
MaxMojo
3/27/07 9:06 AM
The world famous FREE Movie Screening Thread (last one seems to be lost) Possible spoilers, be warned. is not the best place to discuss free screenings and movies. The thread works best when posts are limited to just give details about upcoming screenings, place, date, movie, and how to attend. Just the bare facts, 'mam.

But people do have legitimate questions, experiences, and observations about screenings and movies, so this thread can serve as a place to discuss some of those subjects that don't fit into the tight content restrictions of the "Free Stuff" forum thread.

If your post contains movie details that may impact the experience of people who have not yet seen a movie, but plan to, please alert everyone by adding the words "SPOILER ALERT" somewhere before those details are revealed.
WikiPost
3/27/07 9:06 AM
In need of update.
gofobo Message to the Community [ application/pdf - 56.18kB ]
+2
MaxMojo
3/27/07 9:30 AM
Ever wanted to attend a screening, but for some reason you didn't get an rsvp? That happened to me a few weeks ago when I wanted to see a screening of "300" but I forgot to sign up.

MsMojo was out of town, so there was only me. I got to the screening location a bit early, went to the head of the line, and started asking "Anyone have a "plus 1 guest" that won't show up?" I walked down the row and after about the third time a lady stopped me. Her guest did show, but she had another friend who couldn't make it, so she gave me her friend's name and I used it when I got up to the guest check-in.

Now this worked because there was a name list, usually that's not the case because printed passes or emails are required. In that case I'm certain someone in line rsvp'd for 2 people, but one bails.

Plus there are plenty of screenings where they don't even check rsvps or they under booked. Doesn't hurt to try.
+2
swiviol
6/22/07 7:07 PM
Anyone going to the "David and Layla" screening this Monday in Detroit?
+2
swiviol
6/22/07 7:08 PM
(and by Detroit I mean Birmingham, MI)
+4
MrNobody2006
6/23/07 2:30 AM
Fans of WAM may protest..............

but Wild About Movies's track record has been far from stellar in my neck of the woods. I have been burned with their passes being turned away at the moviehouse location printed on them one too many times for my tastes and too many moviehouses and legitimate promotional companies and giveaway sources STILL don't know who WAM are as an authorized advanced movie screening pass distributor.

I go to a lot of screenings myself thru a number of sources and I have had to bail WAM movie pass hopefuls with legitimate extra passes I would happen to have when theirs was rejected on a few occasions. Untill proven otherwise, I consider WAM a "hijack" site. The only passes I have seen being accepted "by WAM" are those hijacked elsewhere from a legitimate source(FoxSearchLight's site comes to mind). If you are savvy enough and gain in experience with the more movie screenings you attend, you can tell the difference between an acceptable pass from WAM and one that is not legit 99% of the time.

ON THE OTHER HAND, at least in my neck of the woods, when issues of patrons with WAM passes being turned away have arisen, and depending on the tone you take with them in your complaints, it has been addressed satisfactorily most of the time, surprisingly so in some cases.

SO while I do not consider WAM a surebet source, I do not consider them a total fraud either. Just be on your toes with their passes and let your own personal experiences with them be your guide.
+2
MaxMojo
6/23/07 1:31 PM
In SoCal don't even think about using any WAM pass at the Paramount lot. Although I doubt it will get you arrested, it certainly will not get you inside!
+2
elliedoom
6/23/07 7:56 PM
In another thread, MovieFilmFan said:

Theaters HAVE to accept WAM tickets if they were authorized by the studio. Stop spreading rumors. AMC was sued by WAM for failing to accept Spiderman 3 tickets. Notice the AMC Boston Common screening for WAM above, where you can PRINT PASSES, now! Speak not, when you know nothing.

Could you please provide a link to a news story about this lawsuit? Because I am able to find info about AMC being sued for violating the ADA act, but nothing about their being sued for not accepting passes. Thanks much!
+2
squirrelproductions
6/26/07 9:57 AM
MrNobody2006 said:

Fans of WAM may protest..............

but Wild About Movies's track record has been far from stellar in my neck of the woods. I have been burned with their passes being turned away at the moviehouse location printed on them one too many times for my tastes and too many moviehouses and legitimate promotional companies and giveaway sources STILL don't know who WAM are as an authorized advanced movie screening pass distributor.

I go to a lot of screenings myself thru a number of sources and I have had to bail WAM movie pass hopefuls with legitimate extra passes I would happen to have when theirs was rejected on a few occasions. Untill proven otherwise, I consider WAM a "hijack" site. The only passes I have seen being accepted "by WAM" are those hijacked elsewhere from a legitimate source(FoxSearchLight's site comes to mind). If you are savvy enough and gain in experience with the more movie screenings you attend, you can tell the difference between an acceptable pass from WAM and one that is not legit 99% of the time.

ON THE OTHER HAND, at least in my neck of the woods, when issues of patrons with WAM passes being turned away have arisen, and depending on the tone you take with them in your complaints, it has been addressed satisfactorily most of the time, surprisingly so in some cases.

SO while I do not consider WAM a surebet source, I do not consider them a total fraud either. Just be on your toes with their passes and let your own personal experiences with them be your guide.

I've never even heard of WildAboutMovies. But from all the rants and ravings from MovieFilmFan has turned me off. I would posts more links to MovieFilmFan's rants, but mods have already deleted some.

I am willing to wager that if FatWallet mods were to track MovieFilmFan's IPs, the IP addresses would be linked to WAM.
moulder3
6/26/07 10:12 AM
MovieFilmFan said:

All passes which anyone in various cities can print for RATATOUILLE and BROKEN ENGLISH, as well as dozens of other movies are VALID, as thousands can attest, after having attended tonight, in Boston and NYC. You won't find anyone who didn't get in. You people are all psychopaths, so it seems. Guess it is true. People that troll chat rooms are all koo-koo.

You're right...we're all obviously wrong.

Wild About Movies is such a reputable company that has its own email server, (and doesn't use numerous Yahoo, AOL & GMail accounts to get around spam blockers) right?

WAM allows people to UNSUBSCRIBE from its (spam) emails, right?

WAM never steals info on free screenings from this site then pawns the links on its own website, claiming credit for them, right? (...like say Grace Hill Media)

If you guessed NO to all three of the above questions...you'd be correct!

Oh, and you might want to stop saying that we're all "psychopaths" since we are the people posting some of the screenings you steal from...and then take credit for on your own site. ...just a thought
First page
1 of 40
Please select a reason for your RED vote:
You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.