• filter:
  • 12 3 4510
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I am sooooo soryy about the Victoria Gardens. They Gave way too many invites to Cosmo.

rated:
MY Goodness, I feel so badly for all that didn't get a chance to see HAIRSPRAY on Monday July 16th. I had already seen it so i did not attend the Lincoln Square one in NYC. I really would like to know how it turned out for New Yorkers as well especially since on that same day, the cast and fabulous ones and LUCKY contest winners and all were whooping it up at the Red Carpet Premiere at the Zeigfeld

rated:
Did anyone see No Reservations last night? How was it?

rated:
In regards to my previous post about the HAIRSPRAY incident: I wrote New Line Cinema about my experience and they responded today and are giving me 2 free movie tickets via Hollywoodmoviemoney~ so, if you had gone, and had a bad experience (didn't get in because of the ticket issue) then i really suggest emailing them!

^_^

rated:
kimplovely said:
In regards to my previous post about the HAIRSPRAY incident: I wrote New Line Cinema about my experience and they responded today and are giving me 2 free movie tickets via Hollywoodmoviemoney~ so, if you had gone, and had a bad experience (didn't get in because of the ticket issue) then i really suggest emailing them!

^_^

I just emailed them (did you use the "Contact Us" feature on their website, or a direct email address??) so hopefully I'll get a result as well .

rated:
ItiedLance2mybed said: I was at the Chicago screening last night and it was insane! The guy who was by the escalators was telling people that the E-vites were fake and people who had them shouldn't even be in line. About 20 minutes later the same dude went on about how it was a private screening and the only way you were going to get in was with the hardpasses. So...around 7:15 he was rambling about how there was only 60 people in the theatre with hardpasses so there be ao good chance of getting in. 7:30 rolls around and I think may be 30% of the line got in. Then they announced the show as full, but yet people with hardpasses were getting admitted...there was a group of 10 people getting in on ONE pass! We stuck around and got passes for Chuck and Larry and some other movie, but again no passes for Hairspray. Then the dude who was giving the passes away started telling people that he saw Hairspray and it was a great movie...well the remaining crowd got even more upset and in turn got envelopes to fill out and they would be sent passes for a future movie. It was absolutely ridiculous and if they E-vites were fakes then why were they letting people stand in line?\

Which theater in Chicago was this?

rated:
This was at the 600 North theater on Ontario. I'm thinking I might e-mail New Line too.

rated:
Here's another suspicious one.
Chicagogal said: CHICAGO

My Best Friend Movie
EM: mybestfriendmovie @ yahoo.com
Write what qualities you want to see in a best friend.
Include name, address, age, email.

Who's giving away these tickets, and why do they have a Yahoo! address?

rated:
Has anyone been able to successfully opt out and have their personal info removed from the wildaboutmovies site?

I can't say I've ever come across a more unscrupulous site and site owner as they seem to take pride in the amount of lies and runarounds offered rather than respecting ones right to have their info permanently removed (yet they ironically repeatedly state that if one does opt out they can never ever return and will be banned from the site.. I wish!).

I've finally started forwarding all of their emails to the FTC spam address, spamcop, Lavasoft's Ad-aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Microsoft's anti-spyware group, CastleCops, MVPS HOSTS file site, Sitadvisor, reporting the emails to my ISP's blacklist as well as contacting some of the studios that supposedly partner with the site.

Won't surprise me if that guy uses this forum to spam me like he did one time after I voted negative on a WAM post either.

rated:
delete

rated:
Thanks markkwan!!! I saw Charlie Bartlett today and it was a pretty good movie. I enjoyed it. And I wasn't going to do anything today except go home and sleep until I saw the late listing!

rated:

rated:
Anyone else hate WildAboutMovies.com? I thought it was a waste so I clicked on 'opt out' on the end of the email and they sent me some nasty message that they had my IP and I'd never be allowed at their website again (oh wow, I'm really heartbroken), and now weeks later here they are sending me emails again out of nowhere

rated:
Rocktest said: Anyone else hate WildAboutMovies.com? I thought it was a waste so I clicked on 'opt out' on the end of the email and they sent me some nasty message that they had my IP and I'd never be allowed at their website again (oh wow, I'm really heartbroken), and now weeks later here they are sending me emails again out of nowhere

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that it will stop either (rotating email addresses by adding A/B/C etc. to the end of disposable accounts at GMail/AOL etc.). The only thing we can do is to try and alert others in hopes of sparing them a similiar experience.

A Google search yields info on others experiences with him and the site (http://www.ericdsnider.com/blog/2007/07/24/annals-of-bad-journalism-tim-nasson-again/ & http://www.ericdsnider.com/blog/2006/08/07/bad-bad-journalism-tim-nasson-wild-about-movies/ & http://efilmcritic.com/feature.php?feature=1908 & http://timeimmemorial.blogspot.com/2007/06/letter-to-spammer.html).

Might I suggest passing along your experience at some of the following places.

- Forward all future spam to spam@uce.gov and http://www.spamcop.net/ as well as use your email providers spam report function if applicable
- Post a site review at http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/wildaboutmovies.com
- Alert others in the following thread at CastleCops.. http://www.castlecops.com/t196406-Site_warning_Wildaboutmovies_com.html
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/contact/detections.html (email the site to have them consider reviewing WAM)
- http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm (email the site owner winhelp2002@comcast.net to mention your experience with them in hopes of them adding it to the HOSTS file block list)
- File a privacy complaint at https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

rated:
Does anyone know where the screening for the Bourne Ultimatum in Chicago is today? My aunt got tickets from Time Out Free Flix and left me a message to meet her downtown but the reception on her cell phone is so bad I missed the place. She works at a hospital so I can't call her back until after 4pm. Thanks!!1

rated:
I'm beginning to believe that the guy who runs WAM is a bit mentally unstable, seriously.

rated:
Did anyone get their emails/passes yet for Rush Hour 3, through Entertainment Weekly? I have yet to receive mine.

rated:
Me neither.

rated:
check your emails. i just got mine

rated:
Yup, just got mine today!

rated:
I saw a sneak of "Becoming Jane" last Wednesday in Detroit, it was a good movie IMO ... not exactly what I expected, but still good. The reviews have ranged from 3 1/2 stars in USA Today to 2 starts in the Detroit Free Press, though.

rated:
Do you think it's even worth it for me to go to Rush Hour 3 in NYC? I can't get there until 6pm? For such a big movie, that seems like it's way too late? I have a pass for 7:30 showing of Rocket Science... I am thinking I should just go to that, since I know I'll get into it...

rated:
I would go to see "Rocket Science" instead ... I saw the trailer for that the other day, it looks cute.

rated:
swiviol said: I would go to see "Rocket Science" instead ... I saw the trailer for that the other day, it looks cute.

Well I WANT to see Rush Hour 3 more, because I loved the first two. However, it is a huge movie, so I'm guessing unless I'm there at like 3, I won't get in... Unless someone says that is not the case that is more familiar with huge movies like RH3.

rated:
I am actually seeing Rush Hour 3 tomorrow night, in the Detroit area .

rated:
Saw "The Kingdom" last night. If you have an opportunity to screen it, go!

rated:
MaxMojo said:
Saw "The Kingdom" last night. If you have an opportunity to screen it, go!

IMDB says that it doesn't come out until September 28th ... that was a really early screening, then! I want to see that movie, it looks good.

rated:
Rush Hour 3 was HILARIOUS!

rated:
rep1 said:
Rush Hour 3 was HILARIOUS!

I thought so too, but surprisingly my local paper only gave it 2 stars and said it was "stale."

rated:
Does anyone have info. about the Superbad screening next Tuesday in NYC? I didn't get a pass but I'm dying to go. Anyone planning on going alone and wouldn't mind me going in on their ticket? Or have any extra? Or even know where the screening is taking place?

Thanks much!

rated:
zionlion599 said: Does anyone have info. about the Superbad screening next Tuesday in NYC? I didn't get a pass but I'm dying to go. Anyone planning on going alone and wouldn't mind me going in on their ticket? Or have any extra? Or even know where the screening is taking place?

Thanks much!

I'm in the same situation. I believe there is also one on Wednesday too. PM me!

rated:
Does anyone know of any "Nanny Diaries" screenings in Detroit for next week? I loved the book, and the movie looks like it's going to be good as well.

rated:
Looks like there are only run-on-engagement passes for this movie. No screening?!

rated:
Someone posted a screening in NYC for it, I think, but I haven't seen any Detroit screenings.

rated:
Did anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel the other night when they interacted with the screening for Superbad at mann's Chinese Theaters? We were in that audience! I knew something was up, they had theatrical lights in the theater and more people than usual looking official.

Plus they gave everyone a voucher good for popcorn and a drink.

Movie's so-so, but I'm sure the teens will go crazy over it.

rated:
I saw that and was thinking how much it would have sucked being in that audience. They must have interrupted the movie 3 times at least and even showed a clip of one of the final scenes even though that point hadn't come yet.

rated:
Went to a screening of "Death at a Funeral" tonight in Birmingham, MI, and the film reel apparently was not shipped to the theater. The movie was at 7, and they tell us this at 6:45, ugh. The only good part was that they gave us free tickets to a "Mr. Bean's Holiday" showing and also a showing of "Death Sentence." I probably will not go to Mr. Bean's, but I might go to the other one, even though it's at 9:30pm.

rated:
Major props to dborman for finding screenings for "The Kingdom" (on the main fatwallet movie page), I've been wanting to see that for a while and it doesn't come out until late September.

rated:
swiviol said: Major props to dborman for finding screenings for "The Kingdom" (on the main fatwallet movie page), I've been wanting to see that for a while and it doesn't come out until late September.

I think you'll enjoy it. It has a few extremely exciting and tension filled scenes. Although the action genre usually gets passed over by Oscar voters, this one deserves a nomination.

rated:
Does anyone know if this is showing the Kingdom if it is does anyone know the right zipcode to use would really like to see this movie .

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014