SAMS Club - Using Walmart Gift Card Question

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello all,
I have spoken with some of my co-workers and they tell me Sam's Club's quality has really risen up since I stopped going there a few years ago.
I would like to check them out and vaguely remember somebody on FW saying that you can use WalMart gift cards at Sam's club.

So here are my questions.
- If all I have is a WalMart gift card and NO sam's club membership, will I be able to enter the store with no membership?
- Do I need to pay a surcharge for paying with a WalMart gift card but NO membership?
- If the WalMart gift card's balance is not enough, can I use the gift card + credit card to pay for my order?
- Do the Sam's club gas stations accept WalMart gift cards? Does it require customers to swipe a Sam's club membership card first (like costco)?

Thanks.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

- If all I have is a WalMart gift card and NO sam's club membership, will I be able to enter the store with no membership?You can enter and request a day pass to look around (I believe), but you can't buy anything without a membership or a guest pass. There is almost always a surcharge for the guess passes.
- Do I need to pay a surcharge for paying with a WalMart gift card but NO membership?
You need either a membership or a guest pass to make a purchase. There is no change in price for using a gift card, compared to other payment forms (you still need a membership/pass, obviously).
- If the WalMart gift card's balance is not enough, can I use the gift card + credit card to pay for my order?
Yes, as long as it's Discover or MasterCard.
- Do the Sam's club gas stations accept WalMart gift cards?
No. Credit/Debit cards only.
Does it require customers to swipe a Sam's club membership card first (like costco)?
Yes.

Thanks for the reply.
Did you ever try to use Sam's Click N Pull service?
Does it work well? Does it take long to check out your click n pull order?
And are the prices you pay the same for click n pull orders vs buying yourself?

blaststar said: Thanks for the reply.
Did you ever try to use Sam's Click N Pull service?
Does it work well? Does it take long to check out your click n pull order?
And are the prices you pay the same for click n pull orders vs buying yourself?

The service is hit and miss, especially on the weekends. The prices have been the same, based on the very few times I've used it.

IN cali a guest pass has no 10% fee. I personally hate WalMart and sam's club. I buy stuff and return rogaine and stuff with dove or water. They are more dangerous to the usa than so called terrorism

I don't think you need a sams' club card to buy gas at ours in Virginia

anticorp said: IN cali a guest pass has no 10% fee. I personally hate WalMart and sam's club. I buy stuff and return rogaine and stuff with dove or water. They are more dangerous to the usa than so called terrorismI'm glad you are in the minority , I would hate to think if everyone would do these type of things. Guess this is why.............nm, not worth the time.

bballcards said:
- Do the Sam's club gas stations accept WalMart gift cards?
No. Credit/Debit cards only.

I've had no problem using WalMart gift cards at Sam's Club gas stations here in Southern California, so it may depend on where you live.

I don't know the answer to the shopping without membership questions, but I do know that in my Sams Club you can use the gas pump without a membership. However, when you scan your Sams Club membership card, the pump gives you a lower price than if you do not scan your card. The difference is like 10 cents. The membership price only beats the local BP by .03 - .04 per gallon and the non-membership price isn't better than what you can find at BP. Of course, all of this depens on the market, etc.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.